Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion

Go down 
+4
Tain
GoldenDrakon
Wraith
S.E.A.M.U.S
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

Male Number of posts : 1586

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 11:31 am

The House of Ainsley wrote:

(Also, for the sake of clarification, Karnoz's new Feat is Weapon Finesse: Dagger, correct?)

Yup.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
Keeper of the Dark Mirror
The House of Ainsley

Male Number of posts : 2312

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 2:15 pm

Groovy. Does Karnoz want some hardtack for the road? Smile
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 2:17 pm

Got some, but thanks.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 2:58 pm

Your loss.  Very Happy

Anyway, I just got done reading Karnoz's post, and seeing as Hennbauer will be upholding his end of the deal (and that there's a fair bit of history between Yorgo and him), I'm anticipating my reply to be equally long.  So I think I'll turn in for the night, bleary-eyed as I am.  But I look forward to getting on with that reply in the morning (or afternoon, if I sleep that late).  Ciao for now.  Smile
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 3:11 pm

NP. Good night.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:42 am

I'm just taking a brief break from Karnoz's post to look at the forums again (in another tab) and see what's up. Yes, Karnoz's update is so big that I need to take a break from it and rest my eyes. I hope you're up for some reading, GD. Wink

BRB
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 1:22 pm

...and I'm done. See? I told you it was massive, didn't I? Razz
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 1:25 pm

Hobey Geebus!!

This may take me a few..., but thanks for the post Smile
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 1:46 pm

You're welcome.  And with that post, I've finally started to bring things full circle, eh?  Enjoy!  Very Happy

(I just had to tidy that post up with a few edits and corrections, but I think I'm done now.)
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 2:26 pm

A good post... Now I just have to piece a plan together to deal with Yorgo....

And back to you, BTW
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 2:46 pm

Dang, you quick!

Is it too late for me to go back and fix something with that novella of a post? (Note to self: Hennbauer's Lebeqian bodyguard's name is Sadu, not Sabu. Rassum frassum.....)
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 2:53 pm

You want to fix a typo? Be my guest.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 3:02 pm

It was bugging me.  Done now.  Smile

Now to see what you have for me here....

So did you guess right about that bowl, then?
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 3:12 pm

I did actually. Although I was wondering if it was even real after it was clear that Yorgo was lying to me.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 3:20 pm

Yeah, it was real. It was a red herring, but it was real. Wink

And how 'bout that cask of booze he hid it in? Where do you suppose he got that? Razz
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 3:23 pm

And i called it Smile

But in the meantime, I'm out for the night. I have a lot to do tomorrow and I need sleep.

G'nite
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 3:30 pm

Hasta luego, amigo. Smile
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 7:38 am

So, what makes you think that the redheaded dwarf was spying for Yorgo, anyway?  Don't all dwarves stare at humans like that?  Razz

Anyway, peoples, I may not be posting as much for the next month or two--save for the weekends--because tomorrow I go to Beto Unit (at the Tennessee Colony penitentiary) for my Physical Agility Test.  I've already been practicing and testing myself at what that test encompasses: push-ups (15 in a minute if I'm lucky; always have sucked at push-ups, always will), sit-ups (which I can handle), deep squats (which I can ace), ladder climbs (ditto), carrying 45 pounds 15 yards two ways (hell, I already do that every time I feed my chickens...again, gonna ace it) and a quarter-mile run/walk (which I should handle well enough; I'm not sure if I can beat three minutes, but I'll probably come close to that mark).

After that, if all goes well, I start 5 or 6 weeks of academy training...physical conditioning, restraints, defensive tactics, holds, chemical agents, firearms...everything you might expect a prison guard to know.  Then after that, I embark on an exciting career of keeping a bunch of felons behind bars.  And that $2,600 monthly paycheck--with full medical, dental and a possible pension and retirement plan on top of it--certainly sweetens the deal.  Obamacare can kiss my fuzzy ass.  Razz

Anyway, I'm off to bed in about 20 minutes, so I can get to Beto Unit by 0800 hours (and preferably by 0700, just for the sake of preparation time).  Wish me luck!  bounce
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 8:56 am

Okay, so last week, I and the rest of my class went through chemical agents training...pepper spray, CS gas grenades, pepper foggers and all the other fun toys that we get to use whenever our colorful assortment of convicted felons start to get uppity. That week reached a fever pitch on Thursday, when we got hit with the stuff which, to that point, we had merely been talking and reading about.

The prelude came when Sgt. Crutcher (one of our instructors) stood upwind from us and misted the air with pepper spray. Even from that distance, it felt like I was sticking my face over a steaming skillet full of cayenne pepper, but a hundred times worse. Then we got to put on our gas masks and let Sgt. Farmer (our other instructor) walk around us with a CS gas grenade in a basket, burning away. I and every other ex-military guy in our class knew how to properly don a gas mask, and we helped as many civvies as we could don their masks. All the same, a few from our class weren't so lucky.

The next round, we had to stand in Sgt. Farmer's cloud again, only this time it was without the gas masks. And let me say that you can count your blessings if you can go your entire life without taking one whiff of CS gas, because it was all I could do to keep myself from panicking as my lungs seized up and stopped working for a good ten seconds (or however long it actually was before we were told to walk out of the cloud). Even then, my breaths were very shallow and brief, and each breath let to a coughing fit. By the time I could breathe right again, the front of my shirt was steeped in snot and saliva, and I felt completely spent of all energy. So I could see how CS gas would be good at taking the fight out of most inmates (except for the small percentage who are too psychotic and/or too drugged up to feel the stuff).

On a completely unrelated note, I've been laid up all weekend with the flu, and I'm going back in this morning. Sorry if I didn't get anything done this weekend, but it was a pretty sucky weekend overall. We'll see how next week unfolds.
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:37 am

Look at the bright side; I still haven't been able to land a job that's worth a damn. Hope you feel better soon Ainsley.
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

Male Number of posts : 299

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:07 am

Sorry I haven't posted anything important in a few weeks, but I had lost my job and have had to look for a new one.  Still haven't found yet though.  Because I know that you will ask, I got fired for supposedly saying something I KNOW I didn't say.  Some form of sexual harassment about a bikini is all I know.  When I asked what I actually said my manager was very vague and would not give me any details.  When I asked who my accuser so that I could confront them, I was told that I was not allowed to do that, because I would harass the them.  I just wanted to get the bottom of what happened, but alas I was denied my basic right to defend myself.  

I got a long talk about how certain behaviors are not allowed as part of Target policy.  I won't go into all the details at this time.  After the talk I could only think to myself that if you applied the same standard that your are firering me for you need to fire several other people in the store.  He did not see it that way, which only re-enforced that idea this boss is playing favorites.  Needless to say I was pretty pissed at this point and I cursed him out for a few minutes.  I stormed out of the office still cursing.  I guess I won't expect a good reference form him in the future.

Thank for letting me share.  Ainsley I will post something about Gustov tomorrow sometime.  I still think you should let me have at least one Iowa-Class Battleship.
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 8:27 am

Spirit of the Tiger wrote:

Thank for letting me share.  Ainsley I will post something about Gustov tomorrow sometime.  I still think you should let me have at least one Iowa-Class Battleship.

Only if you use it to shell your local Target store.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 2:00 pm

Heyo. I'm back this morning because my sergeant sent me home early to see a doctor. Sure enough, my "sore throat" turned out to be strep throat, a malady which I haven't had since Boot Camp a Lackland back in '92. (Tiger there may even recall SrA. Rivera giving me my mail at Mail Call and telling me "Now get away from me. You're sick.") So my Dad and I went to see Doc Turner, our family doctor and lifelong friend, and Doc Turner wrote me a prescription for amoxicillin, which is what the Air Force gave me the last time I caught strep. If it worked before, it should work again.

Doc Turner didn't charge us for the visit, of course, and he and I started chatting about my training thus far. About five years back, he hired a guide to take him duck hunting around Tennessee Colony early one morning, only this guide got lost somehow and they ended up heading towards a bunch of lights. Said lights turned out to be the rear perimeter of one of the prisons down there, and before long they were intercepted by some field bosses on horseback. Those prison guards apparently knew more about the local duck hunting spots than Doc Turner's guide did and pointed them in the right direction, but by then the sun was already coming up. Doc never hired that guide again.

And we had plenty more to chat about as well. So now I have my antibiotic and I'm heading back to prison now. We'll see how well the strep throat clears up. I'm picking up a filter mask on the way, just in case.

Spirit of the Tiger wrote:
Sorry I haven't posted anything important in a few weeks, but I had lost my job and have had to look for a new one.  Still haven't found yet though.  Because I know that you will ask, I got fired for supposedly saying something I KNOW I didn't say.  Some form of sexual harassment about a bikini is all I know.  When I asked what I actually said my manager was very vague and would not give me any details.  When I asked who my accuser so that I could confront them, I was told that I was not allowed to do that, because I would harass the them.  I just wanted to get the bottom of what happened, but alas I was denied my basic right to defend myself.  

I got a long talk about how certain behaviors are not allowed as part of Target policy.  I won't go into all the details at this time.  After the talk I could only think to myself that if you applied the same standard that your are firering me for you need to fire several other people in the store.  He did not see it that way, which only re-enforced that idea this boss is playing favorites.  Needless to say I was pretty pissed at this point and I cursed him out for a few minutes.  I stormed out of the office still cursing.  I guess I won't expect a good reference form him in the future.

Heh! That sounds like Mill Creek Ranch Resort (my last job). Everything was just fine there until the present General Manager took over a year or two back. He seemed cool at first, but then I had a disagreement with a little early-20-something over some Front Desk policy or whatnot, and she went crying to the GM with a list of offenses both exaggerated and outright fabricated. Next thing I know, I'm some kind of pervert in the GM's eyes, apparently because he's convinced that a 20-something girl suing him for sexual harassment is more of a threat to him and his meal ticket than a 40-something male suing him for defamation of character. And the bastard wouldn't let me speak one word in my own defense, either!

Don't you just hate it when people hang you without a trial? I feel for you, mate.

Anyway, I'm off to work now. See y'all in a few days. Smile
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 6:04 am

GoldenDrakon wrote:
Only if you use it to shell your local Target store.

Well now that I have your permission I actually know where to find one.  My sister lives nearby in Norfolk VA and her house just happens to be 5 minutes walking distance from where the USS Wisconsin BB-64 is located.  And just for shits and giggles I have included a video of her in action.  Please watch responsibly because the power of her 16 inch guns has caused many a meer mortal to quake in fear.  

Last edited by Spirit of the Tiger on Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 6:24 am

The House of Ainsley wrote:
Heyo.

That's funny that you would use this phrase in your post, because the asshole that fired me also said that I directed this phrase toward another employee.  I personally have never used this phrase at work and even if I did, I have never heard it used in any way that would constitute sexual harassment.  Whenever I have heard someone utter this phrase it is to say Hi or Gee-Wiz, never in a condensing manner.  This is one of the reasons that I cursed out that fucker when he fired me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion
Page 26 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32 ... 38  Next