Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion

Go down 
+4
Tain
GoldenDrakon
Wraith
S.E.A.M.U.S
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
The House of Ainsley
Keeper of the Dark Mirror
The House of Ainsley

Male Number of posts : 2312

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 8:19 am

And I'm on my way to work. The good news is, I'm bringing my books and dice. The bad news is, it's Saturday, we have plenty of guests and I'm working with Dub again. So I probably won't get much done tonight.

...but then, given my record for predicting the exact opposite of what tends to happen, that means I'll probably hash out replies to all three existing prologues, get Keitha's prologue running, complete the history topic and still have time to catch Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Metalocalypse.

Screw y'all! You're all not gettin' nuthin'! Yah hahahahahaHA! Razz
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 8:20 am

Somehow, I think Ainsley missed the part where we all said we wanted a Gametable session....

But mashing out Prologues is a good way to spend the day
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:34 pm

Okay, my computer's running like a champ now. I really should do registry scans more often. Cool

I keep kind of like a chump now. I keep SEAMUS waiting for 18 days and that's the best reply I can come up with. I'll try to get Wraith and Keitha done as well, but you two will have to wait till I get home before I can edit in the maps and the music. Sorry. Hope it's worth the wait! Embarassed

Also, new pics for the character creation thread! Whatchathink? Very Happy

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 DnDRaces1
House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 DnDRaces2
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:16 pm

Behold! Bardosylvania, now with elven villages! Very Happy

Spoiler:

In the campaign's present time, there are three (formerly four) elven villages throughout Bardosylvania. Specifically:

Erluon
A sprawling treetop village located in the South Ainsley Wood, Erluon is a frequent target for drow elf and giant attacks from the mountains and highlands to the west. Erluon's trade and protection once supported the human town of Boughbog until a villainous Ainsley 50 years past turned Boughbog for the worse....
Population: around 550
85% wood elves
6% wild elves
5% high elves
2% gray elves
2% half-elves

Iberril
Located in the Black Bog Forest to the South, this hardy yet primitive colony of wild elves has learned to incorporate the nearby swamp's moss and overgrowth to camouflage their village against all but the most discerning eyes.
Population: around 300
95% wild elves
4% wood elves
1% half-elves

Halraal
Among the northern edge of the Grimwood Forest, the spiralling walkways and treetowers of Halraal incorporate homes and halls both on the ground and among the treetops, her elvenfolk mingling with the humans of nearby Dark Grove Hollow more freely than many elves would prefer.
Population: around 450
55% high elves
20% gray elves
10% wood elves
10% half-elves
5% humans

Ebirdaed
Ebirdaed was once a thriving village of wood elves in the North Ainsley Wood, but the House of Ainsley's doom brought on a curse which poisoned the earth with mystic corruption and killed the forest. One year ago, the wood elf hero Cewyn Dulnibor led a party to reclaim Ebirdaed and free her from the Ainsley curse, with disastrous results.
Population: zero (extinct)
Formerly around 200 Population, with 80% wood elves, 10% wild elves, 6% half-elves and 4% high elves.

The parties most pertinent to this new information have already been PMed, of course. Wink

No dwarven, gnomish, halfling or orcish settlements exist in forested Bardosylvania; those races typically comprise percentages of the populations for Bardosylvania's many human settlements. As one exception, forest gnomes are quite common in Bardosylvania yet exist as small, nomadic bands inhabiting the forests, never constructing any permanent settlements. Their nomadic lifestyle allowed the forest gnomes to escape without losses when the Ainsley Curse took root and blighted the earth upon Lord Darrovan's interment at Saturninity Hill.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 9:36 am

Note to Self: Friday Night/Saturday Morning is my busiest shift of the week. Therefore, no more Pinky Promises involving that shift. Oy.

All right, let me see if I can go get my dice and books right quick. We'll get 'er done in a bit. Smile
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:06 pm

All right! Keitha's ready to go now. And the addition of Keitha to The Party makes it official. Cool

I also corrected Corwin's lunar phase while I was tinkering with The Party. I really need to stay on top of that stuff....

Okay, Sylvea's next, then Karnoz. Then I'm done and I get to focus on Divine Champions and/or The House of Ainsley: The Bygone Years. I might even get all of the above done if the guests would just stop calling me up for rides on my magical golf cart or extra goodies from Housekeeping. We shall see, eh?
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 4:13 pm

Why do the elves always look like such pansies?
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 4:24 pm

Because they (usually) are pansies! That -2 Constitution penalty doesn't exactly lend itself to beefy builds. And fat elves simply do not exist. Razz

But hey, +2 Dexterity. They're some pretty nimble sorts...agile but fragile, baby! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 4:27 pm

LOL! The femail orc is soooo cute!
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 4:42 pm

Wraith wrote:
LOL! The femail orc is soooo cute!
Laughing

It's the jutting brow, snaggletooth and hulking musculature undercut by the dainty pose and wistful, feminine facial expression, isn't it? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 4:57 pm

Yep, that would be it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

Male Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:38 pm

wifey and I have our 6 year anniversary tonight, so no roleplaying tonight (at least, no house of ainsley roleplaying lol)
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:03 am

Also, Sylvea's ready now. I hope I did not disappoint. Very Happy

Also, as you can see there, there's a new status pog in town!

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Heard
Heard / Aurally Located
(Used to indicate something or someone which can be heard but not seen. Discerning a creature's exact location may be easy or difficult; depending on the Listen check's degree of success, you may pinpoint the creature exactly, or the creature's actual location may be five or ten feet from where your ears "pinpointed" it. And discerning a creature's actions by sound alone may be impossible if the actions are silent or subtle enough. But it's better than walking blindly--and deafly--into an ambush.)

Also, more liquid underlays, all of them in small, medium, large, huge and gargantuan sizes! And they all come with new "rippling edge" tiles, too!

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 WaterEdgeEHouse of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 WaterHouse of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 WaterEdgeW
Water
(Not new; we already have these ones, save for the new ripply edge tiles.)

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 WaterDarkEdgeEHouse of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 WaterDarkHouse of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 WaterDarkEdgeW
Dark Water
(Useful for depicting deep water...say, greater than 5 fathoms (30 feet), the depth at which you should really start worrying about running your ship aground....)

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 WaterDarkerEdgeEHouse of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 WaterDarkerHouse of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 WaterDarkerEdgeW
Darker Water
(Useful for depicting the deepest waters...say, greater than 50 fathoms (300 feet), the depth at which you almost certainly won't make it back to the surface before you lose your breath and drown. And even then there's decompression sickness....)

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 SlimeEdgeEHouse of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 SlimeHouse of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 SlimeEdgeW
Slime
(Also useful for depicting water that is pretty well impure...algae-ridden, scum-ridden or ridden with stuff you'd rather not think about.)

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 SludgeEdgeEHouse of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 SludgeHouse of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 SludgeEdgeW
Sludge
(While this can be used to depict soupy mud or exposed sediment, it can also represent impure water that's a completely different kind of polluted. Expect to find this...fetid stuff in stagnant sewer channels everywhere, and try not to think too deeply about it. And for Pelor's sake, don't get it on your skin.)

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 BloodEdgeEHouse of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 BloodHouse of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 BloodEdgeW
Blood
(A few splatters and puddles of blood are fine (unless the blood's yours...), but if you're in a place where there are entire pools filled with this stuff, the homeowner's probably not very nice.)

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 NewLiquidTiles

And with that, I'm taking my sleep-deprived butt to bed. Excelsior! Very Happy

Last edited by The House of Ainsley on Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:07 am

S.E.A.M.U.S wrote:
wifey and I have our 6 year anniversary tonight, so no roleplaying tonight (at least, no house of ainsley roleplaying lol)
I'm guessing you mean "annual tabletop Palladium night with Wifey" by that. Razz

And fix your sig! Mad
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

Male Number of posts : 1586

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:26 am

S.E.A.M.U.S wrote:

Congratulations Seamus and Mrs. Seamus!

Have a great night.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:11 am

We'll get to hear about how the anniversary went in the morning, I'm sure. Wink

Also, the results are in! And with Sylvea hailing from Iberril and Keitha half-hailing from (and spending a significant portion of her youth in) Erluon, it looks like those two won't be sharing any mutual history.

You'll just have to earn your acquaintence, that's all. Razz

These villages of origin do serve these characters' backstories quite well. Erluon's proximity to the hills and mountains at Bardosylvania's southwest border likely led to Keitha's Favored Enemy proficiencies, as the hills and mountains would serve as a bountiful font of troublesome giants, troublesome duergar and whatever random hill dwarves and mountain dwarves managed to step on the elves' toes a little too firmly. And Iberril spans between forestland and swampland, providing twice as many varieties of leaves, roots, berries, flowers, fungi, minerals and eyes of newt to sustain Sylvea's developing talents with herbalism and the apothecary arts. And I think we're still discussing the exact origin of Sylvea's unholy black skull goblet, too....

But there remains the matter of whether Keitha knows the infamous Ainsley who ruined Boughbog as Gwenlyn Ainsley (who took the fall over that whole potion-poisoned town well incident, which could very well have farther-reaching effects than first anticipated...) or her son Corwin Ainsley (whose future actions may still affect Boughbog whenever he returns to torment his mother further, including sacking Boughbog or turning it into a haven for pirates and other criminals). We'll just have to wait and see what SEAMUS does or doesn't do, eh? Wink
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:30 pm

And because for some reason I'm getting the strange feeling that it's just quite possibly conceivable that there's a slim chance that I might just need these at some nebulous point in the future:

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 DuergarMale1House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 DuergarMale2House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 DuergarMale3
Duergar Dudes

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 DuergarFemale1House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 DuergarFemale2
Duergar Chicks

Yeah, I have no earthly idea why I made those pogs either. But I'm sure it'll dawn on me eventually. I mean, what are the odds of you guys and your characters running into a bunch of duergar refugees or something, right? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 2:27 pm

Hey, guess what, everybody! Keitha's chess piece servant is a dwarf! A HILL DWARF! How do you like that, GD? Laughing

White Pawn #8 from Marbol's Magical Chess Set:

Donovan
Hill Dwarf Male
Level 1 Commoner
Brown hair with double-braided waist-length beard (because beard = manliness in dwarven culture, you know), green eyes

Strength 15
Dexterity 12
Constitution 15
Intelligence 14
Wisdom 14
Charisma 10

Armor Class 13 (Dex +1, protective leather smith garb)
6 Hit Points

16 Skill Points:
Craft (Blacksmith) 4
Craft (Masonry) 3
Craft (Weaponsmith) 2
Profession (Miner) 2
Use Rope 2
Listen 2
Climb 1

Profession (Miner) because, well, how many dwarves don't know at least a little bit of mining? Craft (Blacksmith) because that was his role in serving some forgotten noble family and some forgotten estate before some wizard named Marbol turned him into a chess piece, and Craft (Weaponsmith) because his lord probably needed the guys at the forge to make swords for his guards in addition to making the usual horseshoes, chains, nails and sconces. Craft (Masonry) because it helps in building and maintaining forges, and diversifying his portfolio so that he could help with the manor's maintenance and construction couldn't hurt. Rope Use because if you're going to raise a big, heavy chunk of crude iron and lower it into your forge, you're better off using a block and tackle. Climb so he can scurry up and fix the pulleys whenever the blasted things get stuck on a kink, and Listen so he can hear his lord or lady calling for him while he's beating a chunk of tin into something useful.

Stuff:
Leather smith apron, gloves and garments (leather armor)
Smith hammer (similar to a light hammer)
Artisan's Tools

How does that look? Smile
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 10:04 am

Howdy, all! I'll be getting my stuff from my car in a bit, then Karnoz and Keitha get their turns tonight. See you then!

Also, Metalocalypse is on Adult Swim/the Cartoon Network right now! It's the one half-hour episode where all hell breaks loose at that Snakes and Barrels sobriety concert and Toki flips out on some loudmouth and beats him to a bloody pulp. And Dr. Rockso falls takes a flying leap off the wagon, stuffs his face with cocaine, steals some babe's clothes and pretty much goes completely Looney Tunes too. Watch it, you must. Cool
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 11:04 pm

Okay, I have to head out for a bit, but I have everything for Keitha just about rolled and typed. I just have to finish fine-tuning it, add some more here and there and paste the whole thing.

Also, as you can see, I'll be redoing the status pogs to make them smaller and located lower on the character/monster pogs' faces. Two of those duergar are sporting my new Invisible status pog. What do you think? Is it a move in the right direction?

Also, I still have to work on those time of day doodads. And I still haven't done a top-to-bottom accounting of Karnoz's finances. With any luck, tonight will be a bit more calm than last night was. But then, I always get screwed on Friday nights.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jazman
Youngling
Youngling
Jazman

Female Number of posts : 84

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 2:08 pm

*POUTS* STUPID DWARVES!!!! Evil or Very Mad

H
Back to top Go down
Jazman
Youngling
Youngling
Jazman

Female Number of posts : 84

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 2:11 pm

I have to admit the suspence is killing me here waiting for that next post. I had forgotten how much fun this was. Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 2:19 pm

Jazman wrote:
*POUTS* STUPID DWARVES!!!! Evil or Very Mad

H
"H"? Very Happy

And you're just mad because you got a dwarf as a servant, huh? Razz
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:57 am

Okay, I need to go get my books in a little bit. I wonder how busy we'll get tonight. At least I already got all the Thank You emails out of the way....
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 3:47 pm

Blah... sorry guys. Been really busy. Holidays started, which means that I'm required for more work. LOL. And someone else at work is having their turn at a holiday as well - except theirs is three weeks long. *sigh* I need a break....

Anyways, Ainsley, I'll poke around the zero chapter tonight and come up with something. Sorry, have had other things on my mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion
Page 14 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 38  Next