Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions

Go down 
+3
Wraith
Tularious
GoldenDrakon
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions   OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:24 pm

Yeah, i've been having a rough couple of weeks. Study and assignments are hard to complete when you work full time. I'm working on spending some more time here. Hopefully I can get some stuff done tonight Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

Male Number of posts : 1586

PostSubject: Re: OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions   OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:48 am

Greetings all,

My apologies for the delay but it would seem that we all have been busy lately, still; we are mostly caught up. I have been considering Tal's last post and it has been making me think about adding a new feature to the game; the Special Event.

A Special Event would be something, a quest, a special encounter or action or a need for a decision perhaps. Basically, something that would largely be role played and not take an entire month's time or your community's entire effort like a regular turn might need. Tal's ship encounter is a good esample of this, he and his minotaurs certanly don't need to expend an entire months 'turn' reacting to this event.

Special Events could be used outside of your turn and would be able to add to our mutual story while not needing to wait for or on a long, detailed post. The only thing to consider is that a Special Event can olny be acted on by either your leader or one of your two 'leutenants'. Also consider if this leader is away or occupied with a Special Event, (Like being on a quest to slay a dragon or find the world's biggest potato) then the/she may not be available to help your community if something happens during that time frame.

So, do you want to include Special Events?
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Male Number of posts : 194

PostSubject: Re: OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions   OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 7:43 am

I think that would give this type of thread/story a flavorful twist. I'm game, so long as these Special Events when they come up are not manditory to do. Granted, the choice not to do something could be a bad thing and has potential to cause adversity and such.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions   OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 3:59 pm

I agree.

Go the special Events Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
Keeper of the Dark Mirror
The House of Ainsley

Male Number of posts : 2312

PostSubject: Re: OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions   OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 5:24 am

I don't see any problem with them either. Mix it up! Smile
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions   OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 3:47 pm

I really like this game. I get to exercise some sort of diplomatic, mission-ingy type thingy.

Can't explain it... but this thread is great.

Also, my charry is a biatch. Very Happy Love it.

GD, you're awesome.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
Keeper of the Dark Mirror
The House of Ainsley

Male Number of posts : 2312

PostSubject: Re: OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions   OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 7:50 am

Ack! I forgot it was my turn! Sorry. Embarassed

Tomorrow's Saturday, so I'm hoping to set aside some time and get my frost giants rolling (along with Keagon in the HoA forum).
Back to top Go down
Jagged
Youngling
Youngling

Male Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Something that may help a friend....   OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:18 am

My information to follow soon....but now a useful site.

http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=fantasyunit

And another I've always found useful.

http://www.20000-names.com/
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions   OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 4:34 pm

O.o..... is that really Jagged?
Back to top Go down
Jagged
Youngling
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions   OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 8:19 pm

OOC Is there another Jagged running around? *asks one of the Imps in my cyber office to look into it.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions   OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 4:20 pm

Yes well... I didn't expect to SEE a Jagged running around in the first place lol!

Been missing ya man!

Anyways, what are you thinking of doing in this thread? Story wise?
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions   OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 8:06 am

Welcome Jagged, as promised, I have been holding a spot for you. now I just need to see what you've got for me.

And I am axiously waiting to see what my Queen and Jarl are up to in their next posts too....
Back to top Go down
Jagged
Youngling
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions   OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 7:28 am

Character Name: FENRISÚLFR
Character Race: Wolf Humanoid
Description:
6' average wolf height, gray fur, black eyes, and powerfully built among his kind. Marked with ritual scares and black tribal tattoos made in the fur.

Brief Background:

It is time for Fenrisulfr and his mate Ingigerdr to find their own space, room to live, hunt, and breed. So they pack up the pups and break down their yurt and place it in a wagon. Though they're from the lead pack they have but a few work horses and a few riding ones, and a little livestock. They bring seeds to plant though wolves are not known for their love of vegetables, but the animals they keep do enjoy them. Wolves always spread out seeking their own piece of the world and have their own families that continue to grow until the young strike out on their own. Fenrisulfr though the son of a warrior leader is a skilled builder and dreams of constructing much more than yurts. He's skilled with the bow, sword, and lance though. He hunts and rides regularly as does his mate. Ingigerdr is also skilled in arms, but she is a leather worker by trade and can make armor. His quest is to build a new homeland....and keep it.

Lieutenant #1

Character Name: FENRISÚLFUR
Character Race: Wolf Humanoid
Description: 6'5" very muscular gray wolf who hangs dozens of claws and tusks from the leather strands around his neck.

Background:
Sold to the family as a slave he's has long since been freed. Previous to coming to the wolf clan he was a gladiator and victor in over 100 combats. He's taken well to hunting, and has taken two wives who he shares a yurt with. He acts as the enforcer of the tribes laws and fills the role of champion when necessary.

Lieutenant #2
Character Name: SIGVARÐR
Character Race: Half-Troll
Description: Light greenish skin with brown bushy hair Sivardr is a product of a troll human rape during one of the many northern raids. He stands 6'4" and is very wide and impressively strong and heals from injuries quickly. He was a slave among the trolls and learned the crafts of wood working and herding. He's fond of horses, skilled with with long spears, and he enjoys wrestling.

200 Wolf soldiers.....Each armed with a sword, round shield, long knife, and throwing axes.

100 skilled workers....10 blacksmiths, 10 lumberjacks, 5 weapons smiths, 5 priests, 5 potters, 5 butchers, 5 bowyers, 5 fishermen, 10 teamsters, 10 shepherds, 5 midwives, 5 healers, 10 carpenters, 10 farmers

500 townsfolk:

Wolves have a high birthrate with one litter a year on average, polygamy does happen, but most wolves mate for life raising their children together. While not all are skilled warriors every male and most females hunt regularly and their favorite weapon of choice is the bow. Each family has at least one yurt, so they may travel when necessary. Also they're fond of their four legged cousins, and over time have bred a number of them for domestic help. They guard households, go on hunts, herd/ watch livestock, and are generally fun for the children to play with.

Back to top Go down
Jagged
Youngling
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions   OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 7:28 am

So tell my what you think...questions, deletions, changes?
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions   OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:36 am

Interesting. More curious to see your story unfold.
Back to top Go down
Jagged
Youngling
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions   OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:35 am

Thank you, and I'm looking forward to see what will happen....
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions   OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 2:31 am

Jagged wrote:

So tell my what you think...questions, deletions, changes?

I like it but I did have some thoughts... One, there is a race out there already called 'Wolfen'. Very similar to what you describe, did you want to be like them or be your own thing. Wolfen have advantages and disadvantages, especially in the area like, they have wolfish talents; hightened senses, natural advantages in the wilderness and the like, but also disadvantages like being nonadic by nature, and being predator hunters, they would not keep much livestock and do not have horses. (Most animals would freak out when a preditor comes near them)

Or did you basically want to be really fuzzy humanoids with long noses? You could set them up however you wanted, thus alowing you a great deal of freedom and creativity in your style but your natural 'advantages' might be taylored down to balance with the others.

Your call.
Back to top Go down
Jagged
Youngling
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions   OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 2:28 am

Well to be honest I figured they were humanoid of wolf heritage. Perhaps a wizard created them from wolves to become his minions and they simply kept breeding. Maybe they're an offshoot of werewolves. They even could have been created by one of the gods who is also a patron of wolves. At any rate no matter how they came into being I figured they evolved, and while in some respects they're like four legged wolves they've become more than that. Hunting is always preferred, but it is always good to have food reserves. Horses, well allow you to cover more ground.

I'll pass on the Wolfen and do my own thing. I don't really think mine are anything special or have any playable advantages. Like my break down and back story?
Back to top Go down
Jagged
Youngling
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions   OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:49 pm

So are we still playing? I assume with all the chaos of preparing for the holidays that things are just on a break. I for one haven't updated any of my threads on my other favorite site...might get some time at the end of the week just before the new year! Well it is nice to be back to work though.
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions   OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 12:51 am

I'm sure that the Holidays are playing a huge roll in the slow down. It will pick up soon. I for one, will be willing to power post this weekend... especially if I get snowed out of work tomorrow. Planning on grabbing some booze on the way home just in case. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions   OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 1:55 am

Taljor wrote:
I'm sure that the Holidays are playing a huge roll in the slow down. It will pick up soon.

Indeed, but the Holidays are moving past, the kids will go back to school this Monday and things will settle back away from the rush and cost of holiday this and event that... Hope that everyone had a great Christmas and A Happy New Year!

And so let us get back to posting. Smile

Jagged, thank you for being paitent. I have been giving your group alot of thought and I have another compromise for you to consider; I am willing to allow your fast breeding rate but only at the cost of a shortened life span. (Dog years if you will) If humans can live to 80-100 years, your kin will only live to 65-80 years. On the good side, your people could theoretically out breed other races, but the age thing will lead you to have to deal with aging population much sooner than the others. It may also affect your main characters depending on how long the story lasts.

Your call of course.

Now for your starting bonuses:

1) A Hound in Every Household: While not quite true, your community has taken a good deal of time to raise, breed, train and domesticate dogs. These dogs are a cross between wolves and local dogs, being very similar to our own wolfhounds. Just about every household has a dog and many have more than one. These dogs can perform a number of menial tasks and if trained can support their owners in areas such as watchdogs, hunting, shepparding, tracking and the like. To help facilitate this, with your permission, 5 of your teamsters will be converted to dog handlers. These are the ‘professional’ breeders, trainers and dos vets in your community.
While the dogs will protect their homes, charges and owners they are NOT war dogs, but if the effort was made and you could bear to put them in harm’s way, then future packs might be trained as such.

2) Chains of Freedom: Two generations past, your people rebelled against the wizard who created your kin and fought for their freedom. It was a bloody, desperate and vicious battle in which your forbearer, Vennir rallied and led your kin in both battle and once you escaped into the wilderness, kept the tribe together as its first Chief. In that revolution, true weapons were scarce. Vennir and several others used their broken manacles as flails to fight against the wizard’s minions and other threats. Since the battle, his chains have become a symbol of your people’s freedom and endurance. Vennir and the Chiefs before you have worn the Chains like a belt or sash as a symbol of their authority and strength.
The Chains are a simple three feet of iron chain links that separates into two additional one foot chains that end with a steel wrist (or ankle) cuff. The clasps which would hold the cuffs closed are both broken and will not lock. The Chain is tarnished with age and use but it is still strong. While it can be whipped around as an effective weapon, it is a crude weapon in truth. The Chain serves much greater use as a symbol, lending an air of authority and history to whatever it graces.

Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Jagged
Youngling
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions   OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 8:13 am

GoldenDrakon wrote:
Taljor wrote:
I'm sure that the Holidays are playing a huge roll in the slow down. It will pick up soon.

Indeed, but the Holidays are moving past, the kids will go back to school this Monday and things will settle back away from the rush and cost of holiday this and event that... Hope that everyone had a great Christmas and A Happy New Year!

And so let us get back to posting. Smile

Jagged, thank you for being paitent. I have been giving your group alot of thought and I have another compromise for you to consider; I am willing to allow your fast breeding rate but only at the cost of a shortened life span. (Dog years if you will) If humans can live to 80-100 years, your kin will only live to 65-80 years. On the good side, your people could theoretically out breed other races, but the age thing will lead you to have to deal with aging population much sooner than the others. It may also affect your main characters depending on how long the story lasts.

Your call of course.

This strikes me as very fair as far as trade off goes. It is still a long life and with large families of many pups they're will be those to take care of their elders, and take on their jobs over time. Glad you picked up on the advantage.

Now for your starting bonuses:

1) A Hound in Every Household: While not quite true, your community has taken a good deal of time to raise, breed, train and domesticate dogs. These dogs are a cross between wolves and local dogs, being very similar to our own wolfhounds. Just about every household has a dog and many have more than one. These dogs can perform a number of menial tasks and if trained can support their owners in areas such as watchdogs, hunting, shepparding, tracking and the like. To help facilitate this, with your permission, 5 of your teamsters will be converted to dog handlers. These are the ‘professional’ breeders, trainers and dos vets in your community.
While the dogs will protect their homes, charges and owners they are NOT war dogs, but if the effort was made and you could bear to put them in harm’s way, then future packs might be trained as such.

Well, I like this idea and it would be something I probably would have developed. Oddly enough I'm try to do it in my Rogue Trader campaign, and that is a space opera. I want the crew of a large ship to have friends and protectors. So yes make the change to the breeders especially since they'll take care of the care and training of the animals. They don't need to be war dogs though they may come later, for now though they're invaluable in the roles they're preforming.

2) Chains of Freedom: Two generations past, your people rebelled against the wizard who created your kin and fought for their freedom. It was a bloody, desperate and vicious battle in which your forbearer, Vennir rallied and led your kin in both battle and once you escaped into the wilderness, kept the tribe together as its first Chief. In that revolution, true weapons were scarce. Vennir and several others used their broken manacles as flails to fight against the wizard’s minions and other threats. Since the battle, his chains have become a symbol of your people’s freedom and endurance. Vennir and the Chiefs before you have worn the Chains like a belt or sash as a symbol of their authority and strength.
The Chains are a simple three feet of iron chain links that separates into two additional one foot chains that end with a steel wrist (or ankle) cuff. The clasps which would hold the cuffs closed are both broken and will not lock. The Chain is tarnished with age and use but it is still strong. While it can be whipped around as an effective weapon, it is a crude weapon in truth. The Chain serves much greater use as a symbol, lending an air of authority and history to whatever it graces.

Your thoughts?
[i]

While not a tremendous advantage the chains are a nice cultural piece that bounds the people together as a powerful symbol and adds background. I like it.

So any other questions? How shall we begin...?
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions   OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:20 am

Jagged wrote:
While not a tremendous advantage the chains are a nice cultural piece that bounds the people together as a powerful symbol and adds background. I like it.

So any other questions? How shall we begin...?

Perhaps, but you actually have the first Relic in the game. How you use it is up to you. Smile

I will make your first starting post and you may go from there, but I still need your answer regarding the life spans for your wolflings.
Back to top Go down
Jagged
Youngling
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions   OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 11:34 am

Sorry thought I made that clear....I agree with the limitation, wolves breed more but don't live as long.
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions   OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 3:19 am

Jagged wrote:
Sorry thought I made that clear....I agree with the limitation, wolves breed more but don't live as long.

DOH!!

Sorry about that, didn't see your replies mixed into the original text.. OK, so noted. Your starter post is next on my to do list.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions   OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OOC Interest Thread--Divine Champions
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next