Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33
AuthorMessage
The House of Ainsley
Keeper of the Dark Mirror

Male Number of posts : 1999

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:57 pm

You know, I always wondered how well an all-Barbarian party would work out.... Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The House of Ainsley
Keeper of the Dark Mirror

Male Number of posts : 1999

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:00 am

In honor of GoldenDrakon's birthday...well, okay, I'm still not quite ready to put the campaign back in motion.  But I'm pretty friggin' close.  Maybe on my next day off....

In the meantime, here's a crappy doodle that I squeezed out in about half an hour to illustrate the idea that even Dungeons & Dragons is not without its Rock-Paper-Scissors triangles.  Cool

(Clickie!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales

Male Number of posts : 1501

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:02 am

Ok all, so following one of our last topics of discussion because F you, why not? Karnoz having possibly been in the army during the Civil War. I believe that it is not only highly plausible but almost guaranteed to have been so....

Karnoz's current age is set at 25 with Karkova being in total anarchy for six years following the end of the war. It is reasonable to assume that the war ended right after or soon after the fall of Karkovgrad and the death of the Tsar. That would make Karnoz 19 at the time. Prime age for a beginning soldier.

Doing some research into the time lines and pre-histories (which may or may not be accurate depending on Ainsley's modifications) The Civil War raged for 34 years. Even if the war only went for a fraction of the time, it is said, and widely accepted in several story arcs, that the Civil war was devastating to Karkova and her allies, but even though victorious, the Empire was also too badly battered to actually occupy and restore Karkova and left the rebel nation to plunge into anarchy.

To have maintained such a war, especially in the later years, Karkova must have had both a huge manpower base to draw from, but also as history shown, must have been drawing more and more of its people to keep up the fight. As things started to turn against Karkova, it surely would have drawn even deeper from its reserves to attempt to stem the tides of defeat. Conscriptions would have been made, then later probably forced, from an ever younger and older population. Karnoz could very well have been conscripted at 15 or even younger to serve...perhaps as a runner or other support unit until he was 'old enough' to be put in the front lines.

"I can fire your blood with passion or leave you sick with bile and revulsion. I raise heroes from the masses and send them to lay low kings and warlords. I will take you to exotic, far-away places, only to leave you in darkness and dispair. I can show you wonderous treasures beyond your wildest dreams, and terrors to freeze your soul."

"Who am I? I'm your StoryTeller."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   

Back to top Go down

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 33 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33