Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion

Go down 
+4
Tain
GoldenDrakon
Wraith
S.E.A.M.U.S
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
The House of Ainsley
Keeper of the Dark Mirror
The House of Ainsley

Male Number of posts : 2312

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:03 am

The last time my Tinstone Warrens scratch file was updated was November 15, 2009. So it's about a year and a half now.

Long time, huh?
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 5:39 pm

OMG!!!

I totally missed you!!!!

That SUCKS A**!!!

Sawwwwies *cry*
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 8:22 am

So...try again next week? Maybe even including Wraith too? Smile
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 6:01 pm

Hahhaaha! And then I don't show up for like... three weeks. I'm a goddamned spanner, baby!!
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:21 am

Sounds like we both caught the same bug...whatever it is. Razz

I'm about to go outside and work on my new breeding pens some more, before it gets too dark outside. I also put up a new sheet metal fence and reinforced the gate after Princess, one of my little pullets (whom I'm pretty sure was a Buff Orpington, another great chicken breed) got mauled to death by an opossum last month. As luck had it, I just so happened to be coming outside to tell the roosters to shut up, because it was 4:00 AM and they were being noisier than usual. And that's when I found what was left of Princess, not far from the formerly ramshackle wooden fence between the gate and the house. If you think stray cats will do a number on a young chicken, man...possums will quite literally rip a chicken to pieces. Getting all of Princess' intestines onto the shovel so I could bury her afterwards was by far the hardest part. Sad

But right after I found Princess, my Rage Gauge spiked because she was a very well-behaved and adorable chicken, and I liked her a lot. Her remains looked very fresh, so on a hunch I pulled away the wooden fence. And sure enough, there was an opossum crouched between the fence and the hot tub, right beneath a hole in the fence, which was right next to Princess.

I instantly put two and two together, ran back into the house and ran back out with my air rifle and a can of point-tip pellets. Opossums are known for being very stupid and very lethargic animals, but I wasn't taking any chances at letting that chicken-killing beast escape. And two shots to the head ensured that that possum wouldn't be killing anymore chickens ever again.

So now I have a one-yard wide, twelve-foot long strip of sheet metal, and now that Dad and I have given the gate's latch a recess in the post where it can hook onto, I can finish up with the machine screws and securely bolt that sheet metal in place, from the gate to the house. Let's see those opossums and raccoons get in now.

And I'm still working on building those two new breeding pens, too. They're inside the chicken run--which I've recently expanded--so I don't have to use the reinforced fence wire for that. Regular chicken wire will be enough to keep the roosters and the breeding hens inside their pens, so that they're not mingling with the egglaying hens (and so the rest of the flock won't end up with any more embryos in their eggs; people have to eat those eggs, after all).

I have my books, my House of Ainsley campaign notes and my Gametable-packing portable drive in my car again, ready for tonight. So we'll see what more I can add to this campaign, now that I'm recharged and back in the saddle again. Stay tuned. Smile
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 4:38 pm

*poke poke* Can I have an update on my Zero chapter?
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:08 am

Yeah, I've goofed off for long enough. It's time for me to throw off the blues and pull up my sleeves again. I'm getting back to the gym and I just got voted in as November's Employee of the Month at the resort (which came with a paid day off, which I took yesterday). So life's looking more better good now.

And I've kept both Burning Spear and Spirit of the Tiger awaiting their chances at character creation for quite a while, too. So before we get back in the saddle here, I just want to check and see who's still with us.

Ainsley Characters
Corwin
Keitha
Keagon

Non-Ainsley Characters
Karnoz
Sylvea

Assuming that all y'all are still onboard, it looks like we're still upholding the "at least half of the party must be of Ainsley descent" standard quite nicely. So sound off if you're still peeking in and ready to get the dice rolling again. Then I'll see about getting Tiger and Spear on the road too. Cool
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

Male Number of posts : 1586

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 11:03 am

Of course I'm still onboard. After all, what fun would this be without a seriously morally-challenged thief and all around knife-sticker in the group??
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 5:01 am

Yeah, the party-to-be would be missing something without Karnoz around. Wink

And I've been sitting on a handful of master assassins for Karnoz to go hunting for whenever he's up for multiclassing into the Assassin class (which isn't too far off). A couple of them even have alternate tests to the "gotta kill someone before they'll train you" standard. You would not believe how hard I'm chomping at the bit to introduce one of these masters I rolled up. Shocked

Also, Mom just called and invited me to the Italian restaurant downtown. I'll be back after chow, folks. Keep it real. Smile
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Male Number of posts : 194

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 9:32 am

I'm still game. Been waiting to get Keagon rolling.
Back to top Go down
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

Male Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 8:16 pm

I'm still in.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 5:57 am

Meesa still around Smile
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 2:47 pm

Hey, guys! It's now 3:43 AM on a Thursday morning, and guess where I'm posting this from.

I'm posting this from work! Huzzah! Very Happy

I still don't know all the circumstances or details, but for some reason Chris the computer guy lifted the workplace hub's ban against IV. I'm hardly one to look a gift horse in the mouth, so hey...at least I won't have to keep saving up for that laptop after all. Very Happy

I'd better start bringing my books back to work now. The House of Ainsley falls again!

Cheerski! cheers
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 2:43 pm

Whooooo!!!!

*grin*

If only I could spend my time at work sitting in front of a computer.

Alas, I would probably cut myself.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:57 am

...with that fancy knife set that you never showed us, right? Razz
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 5:25 am

OMG!!!

I will take a picture I PROMISE!

Its only been like.... two years....

LOLZ
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 11:30 pm

That's naughty! Very naughty! Razz

Now go to the Upper Right corner of this page and tell Beholder Claus whether you've been Naughty or Nice. Twisted Evil

(I was Naughty too. So Beholder Claus gave me a lump of coal, a vial of alchemist's acid and a jug of spoiled milk. Then a slime devil attacked me. What did you get? Razz )
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:42 pm

A week or two later, and I'm still reinstalling everything after a Trojan Horse infection ruined Windows XP before I could eradicate it, forcing me to bite the bullet and shell out $200 for Windows 7.

Trojan Horse Crypt.ANVH sucks. Sad
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 5:14 pm

So how's it going with window 7? I've got it on my new comp and i'm still getting used to it.... sometimes I miss my Vista.... and sometimes I like this one... *shrug*

Its Windows...
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Male Number of posts : 194

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:24 am

i couldn't stand vista. to me that was a microsoft bust! what ever happend to K.I.S.S.?

i also had IE 7 running on my laptop. had to do a weekly restart, got home that night and now i have IE 10? i hate it and cannot get EI 7 back.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 8:24 am

How's things in Ainsley land?
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Well, in case it's not already obvious, I'm back at the helm after identifying and sorting out the personal issue which was driving me away from here (and sending out a bunch of PMs about it). We meet again, Mr. Bond.... Cool

And right now, the odds of me making it to DragonCon next month are pretty slim, and the odds of me making it to DragonCon next month in my very own homemade cosplay-quality Tron Legacy costume are practically nonexistent, alas. The black wetsuit or biker leathers alone will cost upwards of $200, but everything else should be downhill from there. Glossy black acrylic paint? Cheap. Ring frisbee for the identity disc? Cheap. Craftfoam for sculpting the identity disc mount and other bits on the costume? Cheap. Reflective tape for the light strips? What are you, crazy? Nothing less than the real deal for this Tron fan! The Air Force taught me electronics, and by Kevin Flynn, I'm going to use that knowledge to make a rock-ass costume...next year, anyway. I'll have to sculpt some recesses in the craftfoam and the frisbee for 12 volts' worth of batteries in a parallel circuit, but all those milquetoast Grid refugees who did settle for reflective tape will look on my battery-powered light patterns and wet themselves with envy. And if they don't, I'll derez their pasty butts. Twisted Evil

So are any of you catching any good conventions this year? bounce
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

Male Number of posts : 1586

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 1:22 am

YAY!

The House of Ainsley lives,, er, or has risen! Or whatever...

Welcome back.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:23 am

I told you I'd wander back eventually. So how's life east of China treating you now? Smile
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:11 am

Sorry about the brief delay; I had to go back through Karnoz's thread and look up a few things. And I had to do it the long way. The forum's Search feature is still broken, by the way. Sad

Also, during all that re-reading, I just now noticed something. You know those two highwaymen who jumped Karnoz? Karnoz somehow gave their shoes away twice, once to Morna's family and once to Trock Reik's City Watch.

Maybe they were magic, self-replicating shoes. Wink

Forget it. Karnoz is now fresh out of magic, self-replicating bandit shoes. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion
Page 21 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next