Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion

Go down 
+4
Tain
GoldenDrakon
Wraith
S.E.A.M.U.S
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
The House of Ainsley
Keeper of the Dark Mirror
The House of Ainsley

Male Number of posts : 2312

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 5:22 am

You mean this one? Razz

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

Male Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 5:24 am

uyes
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 5:25 am

Ten points for Gaston. Cool

And I cannot believe that you dared to invoke Dora the Friggin' Explorer.... geek
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:05 am

Blegh...you know what I forgot and left out of that big Karnoz update?

1) Mention and description of the horses and mules outside.
2) A rumor about Morribord.
3) A brief slate board list of the "Daily Special" dishes along with the litany of booze. Including pickle soup, fish stew, okroshka (which is Russian for "Meat, veggies and some Russian cheese stuff called kvas, all thrown together") and some breakfast goodies like eggs and biscuits. Or did the medieval Russkies have their own version of biscuits, too? :-/

Also, do you think I should probably find some way to affix all those rumors to whatever people uttered them?

Anyway, food time. I'll be back!
Back to top Go down
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

Male Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:08 am

ok, waiting on the burgomeister meisterburgers reaction before i proceed to tempt him with the bait.

also...

http://tamarindandthyme.wordpress.com/2008/03/14/whats-this-russian-biscuit/

and just look at "the Map" and "backpack" this way.... Materia summons....
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:04 am

Yay, SEAMUS has given us Russian nut cookies (which are called oreshki, apparently). I should totally learn how to cook those. So should Wraith. Isn't she a chef or something? Very Happy

Anyway, I'm back from my grocery run, and I need to make a phone call. GD, I hope your Gametable's running. We have stats to roll...provided we can link up, that is. Or you can use those prerolled stats from the character creation thread. Anyway, pick up your phone, dude! Wink

And Dora with Materia summons and Limit Breaks would be a frightful thing indeed. Razz
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:50 am

Also, I finally got the scanner here at work figured out! I'll send the JPEGs along shortly, and we can go from there. Cool
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:02 am

Okaydoke, Jazman...one thing we can do to determine Keitha's starting Hit Points (unless you'd prefer to wait for me and Gametable in the morning):

We can use the Dice Roll function (down there, to the lower left, assuming you used the forum's Post Reply function instead of the simple little Quick Reply block). Rangers use a 10-sider to determine Hit Points per Level, so use the "10 Dice" thingie from the pull-down menu. Then set the number of Dice Rolls to something more than 4; we'll be throwing out any result that's 5 or less, and the first four rolls you come up with out of all the rest (all the rolls from 6 to 10) will be the rolls that count.

Your Hit Points for Level 1 will automatically be maximum (10), and then there are the extra 2 Hit Points per Level from Keitha's Constitution bonus...so we just need to roll for her Levels 2 through 5 and add it all together--10 (Lev. 1) +10 (five Levels of Con bonuses) + ?? (Lev. 2) + ?? (Lev. 3) + ?? (Lev. 4) + ?? (Lev. 5)--and we're done with that part.

(Don't mind my own virtual dice rolls here; it's just an example of the forum dice roll function in action. Cool )

Last edited by The House of Ainsley on Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

Male Number of posts : 1586

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:02 am

The member 'The House of Ainsley' has done the following action : Dice roll

'10 Dice' : 5, 2, 3, 6, 7, 5, 3, 9, 5, 8, 9, 6, 1, 8, 8
Back to top Go down
Jazman
Youngling
Youngling
Jazman

Female Number of posts : 84

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:37 am

Here is fine to do the Hit Points rolls..... so here I go...

*crosses fingers*
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:37 am

The member 'Jazman' has done the following action : Dice roll

#1 '10 Dice' : 3

--------------------------------

#2 '10 Dice' : 8

#3 '10 Dice' : 10

#4 '10 Dice' : 10

#5 '10 Dice' : 6

#6 '10 Dice' : 2

#7 '10 Dice' : 4

#8 '10 Dice' : 3

#9 '10 Dice' : 4

#10 '10 Dice' : 10
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:16 pm

Hey, yours looks different from mine. Razz

Okay...so we have 8, 10, 10 and 6...nice rolls there! Smile

And that comes to a grand total of 54 Hit Points...pretty sharp! Whenever we get the party together, guess who gets to stand in front. Twisted Evil

And I'm still trying to find a way to get these scans to my website, but it's not happening so far. Stupid Yahoo Easy Upload. I'll keep fiddling around with it, though. Maybe something will fall into place.
Back to top Go down
Jazman
Youngling
Youngling
Jazman

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:38 pm

Yeah, Oops on how i did the dice roll Embarassed .....but I DID like the results Very Happy

Anything else we can hash out?
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:14 pm

You betcha. Smile

1) Every four Levels, characters gain 1 point to add to the Ability of the player's choice. So pick one of Keitha's Abilities--anything from Strength to Charisma--and we'll increase it by 1.

2) I don't see a way to link directly to posts within a topic, so I'll just have to direct you to this topic instead. Scroll up a few posts to the Languages section; Keitha's Intelligence allows her to be fluent in one more language of your choice (in addition to her natural fluencies in the Common and Elven languages), so go ahead and pick one. (Something appropriate to her character is preferable, of course; a forest-dwelling ranger would probably have no reason to learn Ignan.)

3) As a Level 5 Ranger, Keitha also gets to choose two Favored Enemies, two types of creatures she has studied, stalked and hunted for so long that she gains bonuses to identify, pursue and attack them. Consult the bottom of this thread again and choose two creature types as Keitha's Favored Enemies, in chronological order (with the first pick being whichever one she learned to track first). Since Keitha's of Evil alignment, she may include Humans, Elves or both among her Favored Enemies.

4) Keitha also gains an animal companion, as we talked about via phone. Did you have any idea what sort of helpful critter she should have at her beck and call? With her Alignment, you might consider an animal commonly perceived as being sinister (ie. wolves, bats, snakes, dire rats, ravens...), but we can certainly chat about any animal types or other ideas you might have for her animal companion (ie. a black antelope or a wild boar). The animal companion can have no more than 2 Hit Dice ("Levels" to monsters and other creatures) but shares an empathic link with its master and may slowly evolve with time. But keep in mind that each animal has its pros and cons and is fairly balanced with other choices you might have; a juvenile black bear would be very strong and tough but couldn't possibly sneak through a crowded army camp undetected. And once slain, animal companions are very difficult for rangers to replace (as opposed to their magic-heavy cousins, the druids, who can easily call forth new animal companions to replace their lost "pets")....

And don't forget to give your "pet" a name. It'll make the references to your companion easier, and it may even suggest a degree of affection. Even the wicked may be capable of love (just ask Wraith about Sylvea and Ariean, and the bond which got them into their present predicament...); indeed, love of whatever kind is often what leads good people to wickedness in the first place. And that animal may even be the only creature in the entire unforgiving world whom Keitha can call "friend".

After that, we get to move on to the big goodies: choosing Keitha's Skills, Feats and starting money (and all it can buy). See you in a few! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jazman
Youngling
Youngling
Jazman

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 2:40 pm

1) add to intel
2)Sylvan and Undercommon

I will get back to you tomorrow on the other two questions, k? Do you have a list of animals and thier ablities?...... pros and cons to the different animal chioces.....

for instance.....does say an owl have any penalties, cons, for day use because they are naturally nocturnal...ect.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:13 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I HAVE THIS SUNDAY OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ME WANT GAMETABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by The House of Ainsley on Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Yousa stretch meesa page too bombad! :P)
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:14 pm

*whispers*

Jazman must think I'm weird *sniffles*

Oh! *pokes Ainsley* Your turn in my Zero thread.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 1:25 am

Me want Gametable too. Me actually linked up with Jazzie and GD last night, so we roll up Keitha's stats that way.

Now you have me talking in Hulkspeak. RARRRGH!!!

(And yes, I know it's Chapter Zero time for everyone. I just woke up, and already I have to compose a rather large chunk of Palemare in Gametable and shrink it, then I get to handle Corwin trying to sell his uncle out to some seaport somewhere, Karnoz trying to start a barfight in an upscale establishment and me walking Keitha to the pet store so she can pick a good animal companion. You're all a big, wriggly bathtub full of cats, I tell you.... Razz )
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:45 am

Also, how does this look? Smile

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 KeithaAinsley
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:47 am

*grumbles*

I hate cats.....
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:34 am

And what brought this off-the-wall complaint on? Besides me comparing you guys to a bathtub full of them. Razz
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:20 am

That's enough to do it..

I hate cats... filthy, stinky, freeloading hairballs....
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:36 am

You just don't know how to bathe a cat and make it catch vermin, that's all. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jazman
Youngling
Youngling
Jazman

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:40 am

lol!

Wraith hon....I don't think your weird, just .....gifted.....in a weird sort of way.

But hey I like weird....I like GD after all. Laughing

Mmmhhmm...then again, maybe that just makes me weird. *pouts* Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Jazman
Youngling
Youngling
Jazman

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:42 am

Ainsley......

The pog thingie looks good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion
Page 11 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next