Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Arena (OOC)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

The Arena (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: The Arena (OOC)   The Arena (OOC) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 2:18 pm

The premise behind this RP is that warriors from all lands and ages come together to compete in a battle royale style tournament.

Match ups will be decided by the Council and rules will be thus:

1) There are no restrictions on weapons. But there must be a complete and full inventory handed in before each match.
2) Magic is allowed, however while registering all warriors with magical ability must state what powers they have. This will aid in matching pairs.
3) Only two warriors in the Arena at any one time. Each match will be a one on one fight.
4) Death is not acceptable. Winners will be chosen via a points system.

A full complete list of the rules will be handed in along with a Warriors Manual once registered.

Okay. I have this really cool idea for a battle tournament thread. Players can have more than one character (better chance of getting in the finals hehe) but they all must be warriors. All NPC's that are needed can be used by all players as well, except for the Arena Council which will be used by me.

I myself, will not have a warrior in this tournament. Rather, I'll be the tournament itself and will act as an adjudicator. Be warned, I expect some fantastic writing and battling so if you're not up for it, then please don't bother joining.

Also, characters that lose will essentially 'die' from the thread. Death is not acceptable, however neither are losers Very Happy

For all that's interested, post up a bio similar to this:

Name:
Race:
Physical Description:
Training:
Magical Abilites:
Weapons:
History:
Any special skills:

If you can think of anything else for a bio, then by all means post it up.

So! Let the Tournament Of The Ages begin!

Last edited by Wraith on Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Akaron Corvus
First Knight and Lore Master
Akaron Corvus

Male Number of posts : 689

The Arena (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena (OOC)   The Arena (OOC) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:11 pm

for this tournament i shall resurrect a classic character from my lit RP Frosthold:the Sanguine King.

Name:Forgall MacFionn

Race:Riada

Physical Description:6'8" 300 pounds. even among riada hes a beast of a man, despite being roughly 60 in human terms he is the greatest warrior the Riada have known since the age of legends

Training: like all Riada warriors, he was trained by his father, who was the kings champion. Unlike most, He was then fostered by Setanta, a master warrior living in the dragonbone mountains. He was taught the secret arts, including the Dancing Spear of Luagh, the Riven Strike of Kernus, The Feat of the War Bear, and the Arch-Dragon Strike.

Magical Abilites:Feat of the War Bear- A magical feat that increases his already prodigious strength and toughness, granting him the ferocity of the fabled War Bear. Thundering War-Cry-A mighty shout that calls the spears of heaven down on his opponent (i.e. Lightning)

Weapons: Spear of Luagh, a mighty halberd that he wields with terrifying skill and speed. Caladbolg- a mighty broadsword enchanted with the spirits of war. Dragon Shield- a powerful shield he can summon by magic, forms over his left arm.

History: Born to Fionn MacPadraig, the kings champion, Forgall was raised by his father after his mother's death at the hands of the Icea warrior women, who she had left to marry his father. He quickly surpassed his father in skill at arms, and was then sent to Setanta, and was further trained there. He returned to Frostcrown, and was made kings champion after his defeat of the Sanguine Kings invasion. He became one of the seven dragons of frosthold after his defeat of one of the Sanguine Kings four horsemen, the warrior known only as Stryfe.

Any special skills:His feats.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

The Arena (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena (OOC)   The Arena (OOC) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 8:25 am

Very interesting character indeed. I remember reading that RP Very Happy

Okay, so we officially have one warrior. All I need is a second to start up the tournament Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Akaron Corvus
Akaron Corvus

The Arena (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena (OOC)   The Arena (OOC) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 3:27 pm

We must get others involved. I really like the idea of this thread.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

The Arena (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena (OOC)   The Arena (OOC) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 8:04 am

So true... we really need at least another warrior. I can develop a more involved storyline if need be.

But I will remain wholly neutral in this instance and will only play NPC's and the like. And the Council.
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

Male Number of posts : 1586

The Arena (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena (OOC)   The Arena (OOC) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 1:47 am

GD wanders in, almost strolling towards a large pile of sun-warmed rock.

"And so it seems that Wraith has booted us down here from the notice thread." he said, lazilly stretching out on the rocks.

"So what do you want Akaron?"
Back to top Go down
Akaron Corvus
Akaron Corvus

The Arena (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena (OOC)   The Arena (OOC) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 3:54 am

battle!
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

The Arena (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena (OOC)   The Arena (OOC) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 4:03 am

"By all means."

Almost lazilly, Drakon liften and extended one wingtip, pointing towards one side of the arena.

"The little wooden men are over there. Have fun."
Back to top Go down
Alatus Vi
Valian
Valian
Alatus Vi

Female Number of posts : 205

The Arena (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena (OOC)   The Arena (OOC) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 8:24 am

I'd consider joining this, If I didn't know I'd be toast in like two posts without a doubt.

I'm just not the greatest combat Rp'er. Sad
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

The Arena (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena (OOC)   The Arena (OOC) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 11:32 am

Well, aside from GD taunting poor Akaron...

This is supposed to help with combat Rp. Its a way to grow in an area that you may need in Universes, or indeed in other places in the Vale. I just put a story line to it in order to make learning fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Akaron Corvus
Akaron Corvus

The Arena (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena (OOC)   The Arena (OOC) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 11:44 am

dont worry Vi, ill be gentle.
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

The Arena (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena (OOC)   The Arena (OOC) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 11:49 am

Believe it or not, I'm not the greatest combat RPer either..

But there are all kinds of combat..and lots of different ways to fight... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Alatus Vi
Valian
Valian
Alatus Vi

The Arena (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena (OOC)   The Arena (OOC) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 11:51 am

Well then, I'll drag a character out and we'll see how he does. ^^
Back to top Go down
Akaron Corvus
Akaron Corvus

The Arena (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena (OOC)   The Arena (OOC) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 11:59 am

the trick is to picture a really good scene from a movie, and figure how youd describe it best to another. Then add on the requisite draping.
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

The Arena (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena (OOC)   The Arena (OOC) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 12:00 pm

Welcome. It might be interesting and a learninig tool as well. Like I said, lots of different ways to fight...

After all, Akaron has already withdrawn, not knowing how to confront me Smile
Back to top Go down
Alatus Vi
Valian
Valian
Alatus Vi

The Arena (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena (OOC)   The Arena (OOC) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 12:03 pm

Wow...managed to scare him away without even raising a finger? I'll have to take notes from you GD Razz
Back to top Go down
Akaron Corvus
Akaron Corvus

The Arena (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena (OOC)   The Arena (OOC) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 12:09 pm

withdrawn you say? pshaw, bring your pretty face to my axe!
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

The Arena (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena (OOC)   The Arena (OOC) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 12:14 pm

Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers...

Huh? Oh, wrong thread...
Back to top Go down
Akaron Corvus
Akaron Corvus

The Arena (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena (OOC)   The Arena (OOC) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 12:26 pm

good eye though mate.
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

The Arena (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena (OOC)   The Arena (OOC) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 12:35 pm

Thank ye
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

The Arena (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena (OOC)   The Arena (OOC) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 12:54 pm

*shakes head......

Just shakes head....*
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

The Arena (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena (OOC)   The Arena (OOC) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 3:48 am

*Looks up, mock- abashment on his features*

"What? I can't help it if I'm witty and clever..." Wink
Back to top Go down
Alatus Vi
Valian
Valian
Alatus Vi

The Arena (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena (OOC)   The Arena (OOC) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 6:51 am

Name: Aurelius
Race: ArchDemon
Physical Description: He’s somewhat tall, though not overly so and his frame carries a fair amount of lean muscle. His body is built for battle, but not the kind with heavy weapons and brute strength. No, his is a war of speed and wits, a perhaps a bit of power.
In battle a helm made of a reddish tinted metal is worn. It covers his entire face, save for a single slit for him to look out from. Fused to the headgear is pair of decent sized horns. He also dons a red cloak that reaches to his ankles. Hidden from view normally is a set of leather amour constructed of thick pieces of leather stained a chocolate brown. It is pieced together of smaller scraps, each bit of the puzzle held together with a thread that shimmered with a metallic sheen. His chest, legs and shoulders are aptly covered, as well as his calves by knee high boots that may have been less blood stained at some point in their lives. A belt forged of bronze encircles his waist, and decorated with a variety of feathers that match the others that a sprinkled through out his amour for decoration, along with spikes of metal placed at appropriate points on the outside of the leather, these are for more….practical purposes.
Gloves hide that his forearms and hands are stained a rusty red shade, and though it appears that his skin itself is this color it looks far from natural. On top of this are deep scars, purposely made marks into his flesh in the shapes of snakes and rings that encircle his lower arms. Runes and symbols of his culture and ancient beliefs accompany this group of strange markings.

Training: From the moment he was born he was set apart to become something more than his peers. He was trained in with the innate skills he has along with what magic’s he could be taught. He’s gone back to more ‘pagan’ ideas of sacrifice and in turn has been ‘blessed’ with certain abilities to compliment what he was born with.

Magical Abilities: *Blood bow* A bow formed of his own blood, somewhat solid-arrows are formed of the same.

*Blood shield* A triangular shield made of solidified blood. Is only reaches from his neck to his waist, and though movable, such takes time. Can also make smaller triangular shaped shields (Think dinner plate size), these are more easily moved. Drops of blood may be thrown around as well.

*Blood form* Horns, tail, and wings of solidified blood, he can fly with these though such takes a lot of power. This stage also signifies him giving his body up to the one he serves, gaining him a sort of temporary ‘boost’ of power, though may make his actions sporadic and him someone what delusional afterward. Weak as well.

Weapons: Bow and arrows as described above. Also a twin pair of dagger joined together by a thin chain. The chain is about 4 ft long.

History: (To come) Without going into great detail. He was born to be a warrior, and has been since he could remember. He’s many battles beneath his belt, evident by the many feathers of fallen Angels he adorns his armor with.

Any special skills: Telekinesis-movement of matter (micro and macro; move, lift, agitate, vibrate, spin, bend, break, or impact)

Strong when influencing his own possessions/person. Hence his use of his own blood. Able to influence outside objects, though such takes more effort and energy.

He can ‘control’ more than one thing at a time, though the more split this is the more distracted he may be.

((Art is mine ^^))
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by on Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alatus Vi
Valian
Valian
Alatus Vi

The Arena (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena (OOC)   The Arena (OOC) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 6:53 am

Can we get a description of the place we'll be fighting in at some point? ^^ Getting kinda excited about this.

Now to stay alive.
Back to top Go down
Akaron Corvus
Akaron Corvus

The Arena (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena (OOC)   The Arena (OOC) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 9:49 pm

that is an awesome drawing lass. Seriously. I cant draw for shit, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Arena (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena (OOC)   The Arena (OOC) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Arena (OOC)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next