Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Checking In

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales

Male Number of posts : 1500

PostSubject: Checking In   Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:06 am

Greetings all,

For those very rare few who might have wondered where I've been, I have recently moved to the wonderous ROK, (Republic of Korea) so that I might better enjoy my life of liesure and frolicking without care. While I am not quire 'back' yet, as I still have to find a place to live, get my stuff unpacked and said nonexistant home put back together again; I do have the ability to pop in from time to time.

Hope to see more of you all soon,

GD, the one and only

"I can fire your blood with passion or leave you sick with bile and revulsion. I raise heroes from the masses and send them to lay low kings and warlords. I will take you to exotic, far-away places, only to leave you in darkness and dispair. I can show you wonderous treasures beyond your wildest dreams, and terrors to freeze your soul."

"Who am I? I'm your StoryTeller."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wraith
Lady Illusion

Female Number of posts : 2116

PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:42 pm

Hope you're doing well and that the fam's not missing you too much darls.

We're here if you need anything... well, cyber anything, in any case Smile

Good luck on the home hunt!

View user profile
The House of Ainsley
Keeper of the Dark Mirror

Male Number of posts : 1996

PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:13 pm

Hey, I'm not among "those very rare few who might have wondered where I've been". I know where you are! We had that phone call, remember? Razz

Hurray, more bad news on my end: I have to go to the local clinic next Tuesday to see a doctor about getting the first physical exam I've had since 1996. I tried to give blood back on Monday and got turned down because I have hypertension, which confirmed what the Walmart blood pressure machine had told me the week before that. Considering that I last gave blood on August 22nd and my blood pressure was peachy then, I'm wondering what could have shot it up to 155/107 in two months. I'm not an alcoholic, I don't smoke, I have a very languid and stress-free job and I don't add salt to everything I eat. So what's causing it?

Mom moved down here around that time, but that's all I can think of. I guess that's what the doctor's going to figure out next Tuesday. And since I don't have medical insurance, I can only wonder how much of my bank account this physical will devour.

Did you ever notice that doctors never tell you how much something's going to cost you until after they've done it? Why is that?

But enough about me. So is this move to South Korea a TDY or a PCS, GD? I don't think you've ever told me that yet. Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian

Male Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:49 am

We miss you Drakon. I was wondering where you had been because I hadn't seen or heard you for a while. I hope your move will bring you much fun and that the Air Force hasn't treated too badly. By the way your situation reminds me of something a former NCO of mine said to me a long time ago.

I jokingly asked a simple question about why the military doesn't use sex to sell itself like all other products or companies. My NCO at the time responded that that the military does use sex to sell itself. In my confussion I asked him how do they do that. He simply told me that since day I had joined the military don't you feel liked you've been fucked over repeatedly.

Hope that story brings a smile to all you current and ex-military guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wraith
Lady Illusion

Female Number of posts : 2116

PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:00 pm

Hahaha... classic....

Your NCO wasn't a tad jaded, was he?

View user profile
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales

Male Number of posts : 1500

PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:59 am

Greetings all,

Progress!!! I have finally moved into a house, gotten all my stuff, reassembled my computer and gotten internet access!!

Naturally, there are still problems... *sigh*

Just giving you all a head's up. At least I have my computer back so I can strat playing catch up getting Tiger and Jazmain's Illusion Vale start kits together and also get back to our Champions story in the Circle.

Thank you all for being paitent, God willing, it won't be too much longer.

-GD

"I can fire your blood with passion or leave you sick with bile and revulsion. I raise heroes from the masses and send them to lay low kings and warlords. I will take you to exotic, far-away places, only to leave you in darkness and dispair. I can show you wonderous treasures beyond your wildest dreams, and terrors to freeze your soul."

"Who am I? I'm your StoryTeller."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian

Male Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:01 am

I tried to learn patience but it just took to long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The House of Ainsley
Keeper of the Dark Mirror

Male Number of posts : 1996

PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:27 am

Hey. You. Go play Hangman! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Checking In   

Back to top Go down