Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Divine Champions; The Quest for Domination

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

Male Number of posts : 1586

Divine Champions; The Quest for Domination - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Alliea, Queen of Batral   Divine Champions; The Quest for Domination - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 3:07 am

Bledda and his entourage take your advice to explore your city but many of them get little farther than the taverns. The Khanate warriors may be great equestrians but they are not the best behaved patrons for your city. While they are free with their coin, they are also boisterous, loud, arrogant and quick to fight. The servants Bledda has brought along are much more cordial, but are little more than slaves. Bledda himself may not be as rowdy as his warriors, but is just as boisterous and fond of drink. At least he is better behaves when dealing with you directly but Bledda clearly has a blunt, no nonsense manor of speaking and dealing. After nearly a week of fruitless negotiations, his irritation with your insistence of barring trade with the elves is becoming much more evident.
“We see no reason to stop our trade with the knife-eared elves.” He said finally. “You cannot offer the wood, silk and fruits we seek from them. Your reasons to exclude them are foolish and your problems with elves are not our problems. We come with spears and bows sheathed to your lands. You have things my people wish, we have things that your people wish. Knife-ears have no business with our business. Now shall we trade or not?”

With the trade at an impasse, Bledda and his host prepare to leave. Deedra seems concerned about not securing a trade for the grains offered by Bledda. The winter will be hard for Batral, even if the season is mild. If the winter is harsh or long, then there could be a danger of starvation within the city. Mori also has sent word, he has made arrangements for the purchase of nearly a wagon full of potatoes, carrots, turnips and the like, but trade has completely faltered over the issue of the elvish families within the hamlets. The refugee families are the most boisterous against the idea to join the hamlets with Batral, telling stories and events of the purge and your ascension to the throne. Mori suggests that he might be able to convince these families to relocate by buying their homes with coin as compensation. Capt Yander, naturally, sends his own suggestion, offering that Mori’s inability to deal with the ‘locals’ is wasting valuable time. Batral was not purged of elvish taint by ‘buying it off’. If you so wished, Yander and his ten men could ‘deal’ with the problem. The refugee families are scared and have nowhere else to go. Yander is confident that they will be silent when the issue is ‘dealt with’.

Things in the city seem to be faring better than your foreign policies at the moment. With Sgt Reller’s chain gangs and work details, a productive road works program is beginning to take shape. A proper road now connects the quarries and the city. More roads are planned and while these roads do not directly benefit your city, they do benefit your economy. Batral’s saving grace is her ability to mine rock and ore and anything that improves that capability will improve Batral. The only bad thing is that there is a greater need for work than the prisoners can manage, unless you ‘find’ more prisoners or are willing to add more dangerous prisoners to the work crews. Deedra has also begun sending word throughout the land that Batral has work for young people of those seeking new fortunes. Hopefully, this will bring in new immigrants.
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Taljor of the Minotaurs   Divine Champions; The Quest for Domination - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 5:07 am

As one might imagine, Taljor’s words touched off a firestorm of arguing, curses, bellowing, accusations and questions as the Council exploded into debate. It is finally Drom who first gains the attention of those present.

“When I first heard of our Chieftan’s plan, to lure these lesser creatures in with an open hand and then smash them, I was skeptical. I did not see why we should not engage in open war for honor, for glory and for conquest. Still, I was silent for I know that cunning and guile are a part of the Ways of War, from which great Sargonas and Kaz taught us in the Beginning Times.”
“But now we are to understand that we will not engage in battle at all, but welcome these lesser unto our midst and let THEM teach US?? What do they know that they cannot teach us as slave to Master? I say that this is not honor; this is not glory but weakness! Let us march forward for there is nothing, NOTHING that our scouts have discovered that we cannot sweep aside! We can rule and we SHOULD rule! I say no my Chief; do not welcome these hornless weaklings and tiny whelps unto our camps as equals or as teachers. If we MUST allow them anything, then allow their best to serve us as slaves and laborers. We should start with these tiny little gophers in Rootburrow, if you believe them worthy, then perhaps a few of them might make due as pets!”

Drom concluded among an uproar of cheering, laughter and clamor and many among the Council voiced their agreement. The ruckus lasted for nearly two minutes until Warder stood and took the floor.

“I have seen many battles in my time; and a wear my scars proudly. I have trained many young Taurens for battle and given them their first weapons. Even among this very Council, some of you came to ME to learn the ways of battle and war. Drom speaks truly in that there are none we have discovered that we cannot sweep aside. He speaks truly that we are Taurens and thusly, we are of superior breed and prowess among the others around us. But in his words, I also hear the inexperience of youth. Yes, we could crush any who we have encountered, the Halflings would last but a few nights if we so wished it; but tell me this O Champion, could we defeat EVERYONE? We are not as numerous as that, and even if we could defeat all we have encountered, what then? Do we scatter our people across the land as slave lords, ever watching and fearful of uprisings and treason? Do we kill them all and be Masters of a barren wasteland? Do we fortify ourselves in a great fortress and wait like falcons in a gilded cage?”
“I too, honor and revere our ancestors, Sargonas and Kaz, but our legends and histories tell of more than just war. Our legends speak of the reverence for the sea and the power of the waves. Now we have a ship, by accident or by divinity but what could we do with such a thing? Truly, there are few among us who can even swim? Perhaps these humans, hornless though they are, could reunite us with the sea in Sargonas’s name. Perhaps we could accomplish greater things with the hobbits at our sides than on a leash. Perhaps we are destined to rule, but a ruler must have subjects, not slaves to rule over.”
“The Ways of War are more than just open battle, guile or deception. We must also consider tactics, logistics, strategy and yes, even diplomacy. There is wisdom in our Chieftain’s thoughts and ideas. I say, we should follow this path and see if it shall lead us to opportunity, for I believe that greater glory shall follow.”

Warder sat but while the din that followed was notably smaller and more subdued, Taljor noted that many, even among those who had cheered for Drom, were pondering the elder War Chief’s words.
Back to top Go down
Jagged
Youngling
Youngling

Male Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Divine Champions; The Quest for Domination   Divine Champions; The Quest for Domination - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 1:21 pm

Character Name: FENRISÚLFR
Character Race: Wolf Humanoid
Description:
6' average wolf height, gray fur, black eyes, and powerfully built among his kind. Marked with ritual scares and black tribal tattoos made in the fur.

Brief Background:

It is time for Fenrisulfr and his mate Ingigerdr to find their own space, room to live, hunt, and breed. So they pack up the pups and break down their yurt and place it in a wagon. Though they're from the lead pack they have but a few work horses and a few riding ones, and a little livestock. They bring seeds to plant though wolves are not known for their love of vegetables, but the animals they keep do enjoy them. Wolves always spread out seeking their own piece of the world and have their own families that continue to grow until the young strike out on their own. Fenrisulfr though the son of a warrior leader is a skilled builder and dreams of constructing much more than yurts. He's skilled with the bow, sword, and lance though. He hunts and rides regularly as does his mate. Ingigerdr is also skilled in arms, but she is a leather worker by trade and can make armor. His quest is to build a new homeland....and keep it.

Lieutenant #1

Character Name: AMLÓÐI
Character Race: Wolf Humanoid
Description: 6'5" very muscular gray wolf who hangs dozens of claws and tusks from the leather strands around his neck.

Background:
Sold to the family as a slave he's has long since been freed. Previous to coming to the wolf clan he was a gladiator and victor in over 100 combats. He's taken well to hunting, and has taken two wives who he shares a yurt with. He acts as the enforcer of the tribes laws and fills the role of champion when necessary.

Lieutenant #2
Character Name: SIGVARÐR
Character Race: Half-Troll
Description: Light greenish skin with brown bushy hair Sivardr is a product of a troll human rape during one of the many northern raids. He stands 6'4" and is very wide and impressively strong and heals from injuries quickly. He was a slave among the trolls and learned the crafts of wood working and herding. He's fond of horses, skilled with with long spears, and he enjoys wrestling.

200 Wolf soldiers.....Each armed with a sword, round shield, long knife, and throwing axes.

100 skilled workers....10 blacksmiths, 10 lumberjacks, 5 weapons smiths, 5 priests, 5 potters, 5 butchers, 5 bowyers, 5 fishermen, 10 teamsters, 10 shepherds, 5 midwives, 5 healers, 10 carpenters, 10 farmers

500 townsfolk:

Wolves have a high birthrate with one litter a year on average, polygamy does happen, but most wolves mate for life raising their children together. While not all are skilled warriors every male and most females hunt regularly and their favorite weapon of choice is the bow. Each family has at least one yurt, so they may travel when necessary. Also they're fond of their four legged cousins, and over time have bred a number of them for domestic help. They guard households, go on hunts, herd/ watch livestock, and are generally fun for the children to play with.

Now for your starting bonuses:

1) A Hound in Every Household: While not quite true, your community has taken a good deal of time to raise, breed, train and domesticate dogs. These dogs are a cross between wolves and local dogs, being very similar to our own wolfhounds. Just about every household has a dog and many have more than one. These dogs can perform a number of menial tasks and if trained can support their owners in areas such as watchdogs, hunting, shepparding, tracking and the like. To help facilitate this, with your permission, 5 of your teamsters will be converted to dog handlers. These are the ‘professional’ breeders, trainers and dos vets in your community.

While the dogs will protect their homes, charges and owners they are NOT war dogs, but if the effort was made and you could bear to put them in harm’s way, then future packs might be trained as such.

2) Chains of Freedom: Two generations past, your people rebelled against the wizard who created your kin and fought for their freedom. It was a bloody, desperate and vicious battle in which your forbearer, Vennir rallied and led your kin in both battle and once you escaped into the wilderness, kept the tribe together as its first Chief. In that revolution, true weapons were scarce. Vennir and several others used their broken manacles as flails to fight against the wizard’s minions and other threats. Since the battle, his chains have become a symbol of your people’s freedom and endurance. Vennir and the Chiefs before you have worn the Chains like a belt or sash as a symbol of their authority and strength.

The Chains are a simple three feet of iron chain links that separates into two additional one foot chains that end with a steel wrist (or ankle) cuff. The clasps which would hold the cuffs closed are both broken and will not lock. The Chain is tarnished with age and use but it is still strong. While it can be whipped around as an effective weapon, it is a crude weapon in truth. The Chain serves much greater use as a symbol, lending an air of authority and history to whatever it graces.
Back to top Go down
Jagged
Youngling
Youngling

Male Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Divine Champions; The Quest for Domination   Divine Champions; The Quest for Domination - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 6:02 pm

Sorry for reposting the info, but I refer back to it as I write, and want to be clear on all my references to others. Let the games begin. I was inspired after reading the posts of a Roman general in another game some time back.

Roleplay
It is time to step up as a leader and make a decision of where to head to next.

"My people after careful contemplation I have decided in order to not only preserve our tribe, but let it flourish and grow we must build a new homeland for our tribe. While we will always remain in contact with those who remain here along the great coast our destiny I believe lays Southwest where we will find lush green rolling hills and flowing streams. We will be willing to trade, but we will also fight for what is ours."

Fenrisulfr talks his mate Ingigerdr and asks her to put together the household and have it ready to be moved before the end of the cycle. Everything that can be taken will be loaded on the wagons if it cannot it should be given to those who need it. Soon all yurts will be broken down and ready to move.

He tells Ingigerdr and others to make sure to stock as much as three months food and provisions. As much as possible within reason. While he doesn't think they will be traveling that whole time he wants everyone especially his own household to be prepared.

Fenrisulfr goes and meets with AMLÓÐI and his two wives and asks that they travel closely with his wife and watch over her and help with the children. Since they regularly spend time together and their children all get along together it shouldn't be any real trouble. He does ask the veteran warrior to start teaching the children his different gladiator weapons along with their typical bow training that everyone learns growing up.

Fenrisulfr meets with SIGVARÐR at his wood working shop at the edge of the settlement. The half troll lives apart, but has young wolves as apprentices. He asks that they break down the shop and load up as much wood as possible.

SIGVARÐR has a mission to do in the mean time. He will take twenty fully equipped soldiers, a teamster, a lumberjack and two wagons along with two weeks supplies and hunting gear. They will also have extra horses and two large yurts.

They will head northwest on a mission to explore and scout good sources of timber. The optimum location would be a good source of timber with river access so that the wood can be shipped south to the new settlement. It is also a mission to get an idea of how many enemies are about.

Fenrisulfr also looks to find another wife among the travelers he will meet in the months to come.

Fight
There is no fighting to speak of at this time, but hunting should be increased and hunters are encouraged to move along the travel route so they have an idea of what game is available. As the camp is broken down and wagons head out groups of soldiers should be assigned to every group of wagons though they all will try to travel together. Every male and for that matter female should keep their bow within arms reach.

Diplomacy
While there are no pressing negotiations the tribe is open to speaking to anyone along their travel route, but they will be wary.

Explore
As discussed earlier there will be an expedition heading north. Another group of similar size that will also include a priest for negations four of the best riders to act as scouts and messengers. This group will head out in front of the main party and let the main group know what is ahead.

The group that stays behind (more on that later) should begin work on a boat large enough to go out to sea or at least hug the coast. The idea would be to explore the coast further south to find what is there and see about the fishing. One carpenter is asked to volunteer to work on that project and others.

Trade
Trade good should be stocked along with other supplies in hopes of trading for food or other useful items along the way.

Build
Most of what will be going on is breaking down anything permanent, but since most have yurts it largely the shops that need to come down and what can be transported is brought along.

Some will remain and after a tribal discussion on the subject the group is mostly the fisherman and there family which is fine. It is suggested that they build a more permanent settlement on the large cove.

There they can build a small walled settlement. The idea is simple really a circular wall of earth with a wooden spiked wall behind them to offer protection. Because so few will remain the wall will help the defenders on the land side. The cove will offer some protection, but yurts can't be used full time for living any longer. It is brought up that these families should build heavy duty long houses of earth and wood. They will allow many people to live in very secure.

OOC reference
Borrowed designs from the other game...
The Farm House

The large hut doubled in size and much nicer. It has a larger store room and a workshop to make tools and basic weapons. It has a garden and a field for growing crops or a space to graze livestock, and a large shed or a barn. These homes also have a shrine that needs to be tended by a priest, but can be used to create minor religious items. Alternatives include fruit trees, trees for harvesting, or take away the field (can keep the garden) and add a dock and boat house you have a fishing operation. These are good stone and wood structures and they show that your people have prospered. There is also an area to brew spirits.

Peasant and Middle class, officers

The Fortified Farm

The farm house design on steriods. Thicker walls and strong thick double doors. Larger store rooms, and two workshops, one for tools and another for weapons (armor and hand weapons only). They will also have a chapel dedicated primarily to a wargod but there might be shrines inside to other Gods and there is a low level priest. There will be a training area near the fields and targets for missile weapons. There will be a barn and grazing area if they are cavalry troops. There is a brew house which a place to brew spirits and a place to sit and drink and meet.

These are really a cluster of small farms that are walled in and have several families and farm workers (slaves or hired help) band together. The compound is surrounded by a stone or wood wall and has two months of supplies at any even time. While these structures are seldom seen within cities and towns they're highly popular on the the frontier or the coast where people have to defend themselves.

A variation on the second design really, but with less people and not as military driven. It will give people something to grow into and hopefully become it's own settlement. The wolves though don't like slavery and often free those they take as slaves over time. They really wish to aspire to the designs I've noted.

Back to in game...
This group has asked that one blacksmith, one farmer, one carpenter, and one lumberjack remain with them, but volunteers only. A warrior is offered the position as post leader, but once again this is only for volunteers.

Along the way areas will be marked for good locations of other settlement/outposts along the route so they'll always keep in contact with the coast settlement.

Train
All the adults will learn how to handle a wagon. Though they won't match the skill of the teamsters they will know better how to handle their wagons in the rough country ahead.

All that haven't taken on apprentices should do so now, so they have helpers with the move, and can begin teaching once we arrive.

Harvest
It is time to head out so all that can be harvested must be packed and loaded. One doesn't wish to deplete the hunting in the area, but more than usual should be done. Meat needs to be preserved and hunting parties should head out daily along the way so that there is always a steady supply of fresh food.

The tribe must stock as much grain as possible, so that the livestock that are coming won't go hungry and we won't have to depend on grazing alone. Wolves love their meat so it is necessary to find a balance in diet, but also to keep the animals well protected.

Spy

One spy is sent independent of the northern party to live off the land and see what the kobolds. The choice doesn't necessarily have to be a soldier, but someone who can live off the land. Another independent type should be selected to head Southwest right away...

Research
Talk to the blacksmiths and see about the Chains of Freedom can be made into other weapons...like a mace and chain...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flail_(weapon)
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Male Number of posts : 194

PostSubject: Re: Divine Champions; The Quest for Domination   Divine Champions; The Quest for Domination - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 12:59 am

Sitting on the throne, Taljor was not surprised by the outburst, arguments and near fits of rage. He was glad that Drom had the courage to speak his mind before the council. The makings of a fine Chief has begun. He was also not surprised Warder had spoken to defend Taljor. The council seemed to settle and it was Taljor’s time to speak again.
Getting off the throne, he approached the council, looked squarely at Drom and motioned for him to stand and come to Taljor. Embracing the young taurens shoulders, “You remind me of my younger days. Proud, strong, full of spirit and never wavering from tradition. With more experience, you will no doubt make a fine Chief. You are right, we can get whatever we want from those that we can defeat and force them to do as we wish. Warder has pointed that out too.” Giving Drom a slight nudge to signal him back to his seat and then continued to address the council.
“Let’s look at it another way and take the dwarves for example. They are great metal and stone workers as well as excelling in mining. What would be the difference in quality of armor or weapons if they were slaves as opposed to allies? Yes, we have not encountered a race that we have not defeated. Our world has not been pressed to expand and it would be foolish to think we can defeat those we have not encountered or engaged. And yes, those that may be looking at us are calculating loss and gain. We have already gained from current situations. The hobbits have taught us how to preserve food and our stores are at their fullest in years. Now how effective would those efforts from them be if we enslaved them? They could do things differently and poison the entire clan and we would have not a clue. So, with thoughts of expanding, we can claim their land as defenders. We provide protection; they provide us with skills, trade and even more eyes to threats. Sounds like a win, win situation to me. And we can do this with any race that is will to work with us. We do this slowly, cautiously, picking the right races or clans at our discretion. Anyone that decides to thwart us from the inside gets sent to their Gods.”
Taking a breath and to let his words reinforce the purpose behind the meeting. Seeing more nods and even a slight grin from Drom, Taljor picked his next topic. “This ship needs to be addressed as well. The humans that survived now see us in a different light. We are not just mindless, blood thirsty brutes our history has painted us to be. But I want you to hear from them what they are willing to teach us or do to repay us for our civility and generosity.”
Motioning a hand to the guards, they opened the chamber doors and beckoned them to enter.

Next actions
1. move foreward with phalanx training, 2. send Envoy to already established trade allies for arrainged meeting, 3. the humans will need to tell Taljor what is required materials for a proper dock, 4 builders and designers will need to come up with "plans" to take the village to a city.
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Fenrisulfr of the Wolves   Divine Champions; The Quest for Domination - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 7:41 am

After much thought, Fenrisulfr decides that the tribe must move, but first a private word must be had with some of his trusted agents.
“Hmmm.” Grunts Sigvardr after you tell him his mission. “North is jungle, thick trees and brush. No good for horses.” He rumbles with his thick, gravelly voice. His blunt face and square jaw looked odd among the wolf-kin and gave the half-blood a slow, dim-witted appearance, but any who knew the woodcarver knew this to be untrue. “I will go but no horses, too much trouble out there.”
After a couple of days, he and his band sets out, shortly after, a lone wolf breaks away and slips into the wilderness on his own mission.

That was the easy part; one day after mid day meal, Fenris called a great gathering of the tribe. After some discussion, you announce and lay out your plan to break down the entire town and move southward, leaving only a fishing village behind. The entire tribe is shocked into silence with the suggestion. After a few moments which seem like centuries, the comments start, then the chatter begins, finally a torrent of discussion erupts. Debate and discussion continue for several hours as the other tribal leaders and craftsmen voice their opinions and arguments. Waves of issues are brought forward to be debated and planned and the females finally bring supper to many of the males as the planning continues. After hours of talk and many objections, the tribal leaders finally submit to your wisdom and plan, but a single cycle is simply not possible to prepare for the massive logistical nightmare that looms before you. There are not enough wagons, not enough horses for everyone. Grain for the animals and foodstuffs for the tribe are very limited in any real reserve and the tribe consumes the great majority of what it gathers and produces. It will take time to gather, prepare and save enough to take the tribe on a mass relocation. Time will also be needed to properly prepare the fishing quarter into a suitable and secure village.
With that, your people begin preparations as quickly as possible. Many come up with innovative suggestions for you to consider;
 Your people can begin rationing food. This will defiantly add to your stores, but rationing is always unpopular and depending on how severe to restrictions, possibly dangerous given the huge workload the tribe is doing now.
 They can build carts. Carts are much easier and faster to make than wagons, but they are not as durable or secure and can carry only half as much. This does not help with the lack of horses to pull them however.
 They can forage for food in the jungle. The jungle teems with possible food if your people are not that picky on what they eat, but this will take a lot of manpower and will surely conflict with the kobolds in the jungle.

The entire town is abuzz with action and activity, few can remember there ever being this much action and construction in their lives but with the action has come a new excitement with the potential of new lands and new discoveries. This hope and inspiration has been strongly encouraged and many of the priests and elders wander about offering words of encouragement. Still, even after a few weeks, the logistics and monument of your planned move is still obvious. Much planning and perpetration has been started, carts built, bags packed and supplies gathered, but it is still not sufficient. It is clear that even with the tribe moving at such a pace, it may be two or three months before all is ready. The need for additional carts, pottery, tools and the like has prevented the many craft halls and workshops from being closed and packed and there is little time for the training that you have requested. On the good side, the reconstruction of the fishing hamlet is progressing quickly and should be completed by month’s end. Several of your lumberjacks are interested in remaining with the fishermen since they are loath to part from their established timberlands. Many of your smiths are also saddened to leave behind their ore pits in the nearby jungle. Surely once the tribe moves out and the screen of warriors is gone, the kobolds will move into claim the areas.
Hunters also go into the plainsland west and southwest of your town. Here there are herds of wild gazelle and wildebeest, even a few buffalo herds are present, though these often roam farther northwest. Several animals are hunted and brought back to your butchers for preparation. They also bring more news; during their hunts, your people encountered barbarian hunters on the plains. The barbarians, wished to express that they would take a dim view of any excessive hunting of ‘their animals’ but are more than willing to allow you to hunt freely as long as care is taken. The nomadic barbarians are also very interested in your steel and iron weapons. Some of your tradesmen note that the barbarians all seem to have several horses; perhaps they would be willing to trade weapons for horses?
After about two weeks, Sigvardr and his group returns. “Trees and lumber are abundant and plentiful; it is a jungle after all.” He says with a lopsided smile. “I found creeks and streams, but no rivers. Nothing deep or strong enough to transport logs as you hoped. However, the jungle does proceed east, all the way to the sea; we could possibly cut logs and float them down the coast, past our fishing village and on so long as we could find a place to land them.”
“We also ran into some of those tiny little kobolds in there that were willing to talk. Skittish little creatures, but they might be willing to trade with us. They make rope and twine, which we can defiantly use. There are lots of them, but I think the ones that talked to us were called ‘scrub prowlers’ or something like that.”

Later that week, your lone scout, named Donvir, returns and approaches you one night alone and relays what he has discovered about the Kobolds.
“There are many clans,” he begins. “But we already suspected that. I have identified four; the Red Paws, the Long Canines, the Scrub Prowlers and the Fen Reavers. There are others, but these four seem to be the largest and most influential among their tribe. Of the four, the Red Paws seem to be the strongest and most militant. I am certain that when we have fought with the kobolds, it was likely the Red Paws. The Kobolds seem very primitive, but I do not think so. True their homes and weapons are sub standard compared to ours, but I think this more that they have come to adapt to living in the jungle more than they being brute savages. Many kobolds fight with spears and wooden swords and clubs spiked with sharpened bones, horns and rocks. Several Red Paws have been seen with armor made from wood, bone and wound rope. Most importantly, almost all their foraging, hunting and warrior packs use a blowgun much as we would use our bows.”
Some other useful things that Donvir learned was he discovered a cave that some kobolds were using to grow mushrooms in and that many herds of wild pigs are being kept also. Most importantly, Donvir has found a place where many of the kobolds meet to talk, trade and interact. He does not know if this is the heart of the kobold tribe, but it is clearly an important place for them. It is three or four days march inside the jungle.

Donvir leaves to rejoin his family having given his report. Soon you hope that your south bound scout will return and offer his report as well.

As the work progresses, you approach one of your smiths and offer the suggestion of recrafting the Chains of Freedom into a more effective weapon. The smith is absolutely horrified at the mere prospect of damaging the sacred Chains, surely you must be teasing him…right?

Playing off the unpopular ideas as a joke, you leave to considering what to do next…and in all this time, no word comes from the south. You begin to suspect the worst as you must finally recognize that your scout is overdue to return.
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Taljor of the Minotaurs   Divine Champions; The Quest for Domination - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:35 am

Taljor took his time, speaking with several members of the clan and Council as the gathering broke up. There was tension in the air and more than a few concerned faces. Finally stepping from the long house into the cool night air, Tal noted Warder off to one side, speaking with Thyr Heavyfoot. Thyr was another powerful and influential Tauren as both a seasoned veteran and member of the war council. Between Taljor and Warder in age, many had thought that it would be Thyr that would rise to Chieftain, but fate intervened. Thyr had gained great status nearly a decade ago fending off a trio of ogre raiders single handedly, but the battle had cost him dearly. The Tauren’s left hand and arm had been crushed by an ogre’s club and had never healed properly. The infirmity made the elder vulnerable in battle and so had not pursued the title for the good of the Clan.

Both grunted their welcome as Taljor approached. “A fine hornet’s nest you have kicked over.” Thyr grunted. “But so be it. It is your right to lead as you see fit, but be wary. Many do not see the old ways of tradition and right as we do.”
“Change is always difficult.’ Warder acknowledged. “Especially for a race as old and proud as we; but the two of us are with you my Chief. Now if you shall excuse me, I must return to my own hut. My daughter has taken to slipping away into the night against my wishes. Perhaps I shall chain her to her bed if she does not heed me.”
Thyr chuckled as Warder withdrew but grew serious. “So we are to welcome the humans then? What if they do not want to stay with us? I think the only reason why some have not fled is because they are still recovering. We can give them homes among us, maybe a hut in the working quarters where they can earn their meat and bread?”

With your blessing, Thyr sees to the humans. The five survivors all rally around a man named Rogar, who is the only surviving officer from their crew. Three simple huts are offered to them, with two living in each hut and Rogar having his own. They are still suspicious but are slowly coming around to give up their worries of being slaughtered and eaten. One of the things that help is the return of their possessions. The humans were searched when taken from their ship and some of the ‘plunder’ belonged to them. Each man reclaims a scimitar; two of the daggers, one hand ax, the whistle, one ring and some of the silver coins. A few days after the humans settle, Taljor came and met with Rogar in his hut and mentioned the ship.

“Aye, I be Rogar Mellen, boson of the Kingfisher’s Pride.” He said, the silver whistle glinting from around his neck. “ Me and me mates be grateful for saving us but I dunno; ship’s rigging and the sea I know, an’ I started me life out as a lowly dock worker, but no builder be I. I know that ye need a port deep enough to accommodate the keel of the Kingfisher an’ the reef she landed on might make for a good foundation, but no builder am I. Still, a fair and honorable man am I, me mates and I will agree to help teach ye the sailor’s life in exchange for seven silver a month. I as boson get ten. Agreed?”

The humans settled, Taljor turned to other economic and civic needs. Evolution into a city is complex and lengthy, but it is agreed that the Clan must harness trade and supply before ant true evolution can happen. Without a viable and solid economy, the tribe will be damned to its continued level of growth. With that in mind, several merchants and traders strike out towards the known communities to call for a gathering for trade discussions. It will take time for your runners to reach all their destinations and even longer for representatives to return. Pelor Stumpp, the first official who responds, offers a suggestion. He is willing to allow you to host this gathering in Rootburrow, on his parade field where the Hobbits hold their festivals and other events. Rootburrow is closer to all the other settlements by almost a day’s journey and as Pelor notes in a low voice, Rootburrow would not be viewed as , er…’unwelcoming’ as a fortified minotaur encampment might be.

In the meantime, training continues for your warriors. While Warder has taken on two new assistants, your people learn slowly as this type of formation training is new and unfamiliar to them. Several times, Warder, you and a few other seasoned warriors must gather together and discuss just what it is that you will be teaching as your clan has rarely, if ever, engaged in this type of battle strategy and tactics for longer than living memory. Even you and your leaders must learn and practice these tactics before being able to teach your warriors effectively.

While it takes the better part of two weeks for trade envoys to gather, Pelor represents the hobbits of RootBurrow and other envoys; Gobo Twinebraider comes to represent the gnomes of Cut Cloth Hills and Till Brandau comes from Red Clay village. In addition, a lone elf arrives, tall, thin and dressed in wilderness attire with elaborate tattoos decorating his face and hands. He speaks for no one, offers nothing except that he is here ‘to observe’ for the time being.

Unfortunately, not all envoys return with good news. Your people return from the dwarven port angry and offended. Apparently, the dwarves do not feel any such need to bother with what ‘those cows’ are doing, but when you need coin and real trade goods, then you may come to see them and negotiate accordingly. Worse, the envoys traveling up towards the hobgoblins are again chased off and driven away. It seems that you have all that are going to come.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

PostSubject: Re: Divine Champions; The Quest for Domination   Divine Champions; The Quest for Domination - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 4:11 pm

Alliea rose from the bed and glanced back, admiring the sleeping form of her lover. His pointed ears poked attractively through his silver mane and his light snoring did nothing to mar her beautiful perspective of him. In fact, it only served to enhance his human heritage. She idly wondered if elves snored. She had never really gotten close enough to see - but Ternal was as close as she ever wanted to get. She pursed her lips and recalled the words she had said upon her own coronation.

"My First decree as your recognised Queen is to banish all elven folk from my lands. Half breeds such as myself will be tolderated, but any full blooded elf found within my kingdom by the next full moon will be placed in the dungeons and charged with treason."

There had been an uproar, of course, but she had expected that. Her grip on the nobles and the military was iron strong now, it would only take a little more time for her people to also fall in line. She despised the cruelty of the elvish people, the hautiness and self import that they carried on their shoulders as if it were a burden. There would be no more of their machinations within her kingdom. Not if they were no longer within it.

"Why such a sour look? Surely I wasn't all that bad this time? You've never complained." Ternal's honeyed voice broke through her memories and she quickly smoothed the frowns settled into her brow.

"Watch your tongue around those better than you," her voice was cool but there was a glint in her eye allowing him to see that she was just teasing. Not that he could ever really be sure, of course. She could turn into one of her famous rages in an instant. Some said it was her volatile breeding. They never said that within her hearing though. Ever.

"Oh, did I offend you somehow, Highness?" He threw her a cheeky grin and slid from the bed towards her. She could see that he was already ready for her as he slid his hands up her legs and gripped her hips, bringing her stomach to his mouth.

With a single finger, she stopped his advances and shook her head. "Get out - my head is clear again."

His mouthed moued in disappointment, but she knew he would go. He always was at her beck and call. That's what made him usefull. As well as his stamina, of course. That was one thing she loved about half breeds like herself. They could match each other; fully.

"Glad to be of service, my Lady." His voice called seductively to her. He could push to stay, but he would only push so far. Being her secret lover, his perks were too good to pass up, what with her protection, her wealth and the fact that she allowed him to keep his head. He looked up and saw that she was already distracted, already thinking of other matters than him and his... abilities.

Standing, he pulled on his clothes and dared brush a kiss on her lips before she could pull away. To his surprise, she kissed him back, then pushed him towards the little secret door at the end of the room. He took the hint and grinned at her before disappearing into the secret tunnel that led directly to his own chambers. Of course he wondered what the tunnel had originally been used for, but never asked. After all, he was never called to her bedchambers to talk!

With Ternal already a distant memory, Alliea robed up and sat down at her writing desk. It was time to do some more work in securing a future for her people.

Diplomancy:
Allow The Khanate warriors to leave without any more pressuring about trade, promise them that it will be visited later in the future. Send an ambassador of her own with them to continue their communication. Have him report everything he sees. However, secretly send to bands of men all plain clothed to track their trade routes. Ambush all elvish trade - never interferring with the Khanate themselves. Make the elvish traders fear trading with Bledda and his people, or lose their lives, or even their merchandise.

As for the village. Encourage Mori's efforts. Provide a work around that states that if they trade, no produce from the elvish family is to be included in the trade. But they can still live in the village and continue on as normal. Make friends with those that will be able to trade and encourage them think of Batral as a benevolent city. Offer some basic defense training with Yander's men.

Build:
Alliea is willing to pay a small wage to those that wish to work on the restoration and glorification of Batral. Those that do ask for work will be sent to places that are close to market places, or taverns. Encourage their use of such facilities on their off time. Encourage them to pour their wages back into Batral. Keep paid workers and prisoners separate at all times. Start something akin to 'community service' for those that break minor laws and give them work to do on the buildings, roads, in the quarries or with craftsmen that desparately need workers. Implement a system for those craftsmen to ask for help, or hire through Alliea.

Productivity:
With the orphanages running under the queen's direct hand, begin priming the young ones for certain trades. Approach the guilds and work out a deal that apprentices the children to a chosen, or fitting apprenticeship. Encourage other youngsters families to join in, if numbers are favourable, begin preparations for colleges and schools run directly through Alliea's people. Alliea wants the children of Batral to grow up educated on all things including mathematics, writing, reading and history, no matter their station. The guilds will be offered incentives to take on apprentices through Alliea's orphanages or education institutions.
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Male Number of posts : 194

PostSubject: Re: Divine Champions; The Quest for Domination   Divine Champions; The Quest for Domination - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 7:49 am

Letting the next couple weeks unfold to see how things had progessed. But a fire had been set at the last Councel meeting, now it was time for the next one. As he dressed for the occasion, the words of what he wanted to say and how to say them swam in his rather large head.

Stepping out of his quarters, the passer bys all took double takes and sparked a new gleam in thier eyes that he had not seen in some time. Again, he was the first to arrive at the Councel chambers. He did not take his seat, he stood proud and in his war gear. Everyone that came in had a shocked look and alos lost a step as they found thier seats. Warder was last and he knew just from the look in his pupils eyes what was in store. But before he could find his seat, Taljor spoke.

"Warder, what is the status of the new traing idea I have implimented?"

"It is still difficult to switch up our battle ways, but it is still going forward."

Taljor paced a bit before the Councel members, then stopped. "You are to end the phalanx style at once. Our ways were not broken and it was wrong of me to force a fix."

Warder nodded and the smiles began to return to the Councel. "Next, bring in the human Rogar." The guards open the door and Rogar enters and is a bit shy in doing so, but Taljor puts him at ease. "Rogar, you and your companions are free to leave. I will have provisions provided to last you until you reach home. You will be welcome to trade with us on one condition, you can never tell anyone of this villages location. If the Councel has other conditions..." His gaze turned to the members. None spoke up. "Good. Make a list of requirements and bring them to me. That will be all." Rogar was escorted out. Taljor turned and faced the Councel as the chamber doors closed.

Anger could be read quite clearly in his stature. "With the insult from the dwarf settlement, if a dwarf is found in our lands without an official invatation, he, she or they are to be exterminated! Our most seasoned scouts are to spy on the hobgoblins. Even the most remote chance of them expanding our direction will be an act of aggresion and I will not thnk twice about stomping thier miserable bodies in to the earth!"

Letting some of the steam disapate, "As for our village. If moving to build a city is not the best idea, I want feedback now. We can always upgrade fortifications, walls and expand our storage of goods."

"And last but not least. Bring forward the visiting elf." Once again the guards open the doors and the elf enters.

"I, along with the Councel, want to know what you are here for, why did you not officially offer who you are, where you are from and who you are here for? It annoys us to have a visitor here without not know these answers."
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
Keeper of the Dark Mirror
The House of Ainsley

Male Number of posts : 2312

PostSubject: Re: Divine Champions; The Quest for Domination   Divine Champions; The Quest for Domination - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 5:23 pm

Between the triumphant return of his son and the invigorating report of the silver lode, Jarl Haldrwor finds much cause for the swelling of his pride. And to think that Jotunnheim's kin could have ever doubted his fitness to rule....

With a hearty clap on the runner's shoulder does the jarl greet him and his elating words. "Messenger, here is your next command: Go to my son Gunmir and have him come here to Jotunnfell Hall, and be as swift as the wind with your feet. For I have already chosen my next words for his ears, words heavy with praise and command alike. Bring him now to me, that he may hear my words forthwith."

Sending the runner on his way, Haldrwor returns to his throne of ice and stone, beaming over another matter: his daughter had found a man worthy of taking her hand in marriage, or so it would seem in Haldrwor's eyes. The next workers to venture out to Bjalla's settlement would have a new momentuous task on their shoulders, and the jarl would see these workers gathered and made ready for their journey by his own hand.

Diplomacy (or, rather, morale-bolstering) - For any war bears slain in the assault on the trolls, see their remains home and inter them with proper cairn burials and funeral ceremonies thick with the jarl's praise for the bears and their handlers alike. Surely the bear handlers among Gunmir's giants have emotionally bonded with their charges, and though it may pain Bjalla to see dead bears wasted and not butchered for meat and fur, the esteem and honor of Gunmir's warriors must be satisfied. Such ceremony should also impress upon Gunmir and his warriors that, should they themselves fall in battle, they and their remains shall be equally honored--if not more greatly--and never left to rot on some battlefield far from home. The clan takes care of their own, in life and in death.

Then, take all of the coins and other treasures plundered from the trolls into Jotunnheim's coffers, but hand an extra share of the treasure over to Gunmir and his warriors, that he may divide it among them in praise of their telling victory over the trolls. To the bravest and most victorious of the warriors shall go the largest claim of the share, as always.

As for the welfare of Bjalla, her giants and her newborn settlement, she and Kellor shall have the privilege of naming their settlement in their honor. They shall also receive gifts and blessings from the jarl in person, as noted below....

Train - On the same token, the slain war bears must be replaced. But Bjalla's bears are not to be touched, for Haldrwor has already assured her that none of her bears will be handed over to Gunmir and trained as war bears, and the jarl's word is his bond. Instead, once Winter breaks and Spring arrives, Gunmir and his men are to focus on mating and breeding their bears and, as the cubs are weaned, rearing them into becoming the next generation of war bears. And with each week's close, Gunmir is to lead a small band of well-equipped captors into the surrounding mountains and forests at dawn, capturing any juvenile bears they find and bringing them back to Jotunnheim by dusk. If young enough, these bears may also be trained as war bears and replenish the ranks quite handily.

Otherwise, with Gunmir and his warriors at home for the time being, Gunmir can resume training the clan's guards and warriors in earnest. The trolls may eventually grow their guts back and retaliate--as may the fire giants, once they finish licking their wounds and find a way back across the sea--and they shall not find the retribution of the defending frost giants any less than overpowering. And the day shall come when Gunmir must lead an army back into the coastal lands, crush the last refuge of the trolls and scatter them to the Four Winds. Let the children of Ymir be able enough to bring that day about.

Build - With the breakwaters completed, the giants of Bjalla's camps may now turn to their new discovery and begin the excavation of a silver mine. The frost giants have earned their reputation for greed, and indeed the luster of silver and other treasures can cause a passionate stirring in even their cool blood. As long as the northern sea and her breakwaters can ensure a steady, ample food supply for Jotunnheim, the sea to the east can remain pristine and unworked by jotunn hands...at least for now.

What silver ore comes to Jotunnheim with Bjalla's returning workers and Gunmir's returning guards (as noted below) is to be promptly smelted and forged. As a clan society, the frost giants have little use for coin; instead, the silver may be sculpted into rings, bracelets, tiaras, statuettes and other jewelry and trade goods, as well as a lesser number of armors, shields and weapons; such silvered implements of war shall serve as prized rewards for the most worthy of Jotunnheim's kin, and the reputation of silver's baleful sting against agents of the supernatural has not gone unheeded by the jarl.

The bounties of the troll camps shall also serve Jotunnheim. Though the salvaged tools and weapons may be too small for giants to use, the metals in those implements are to be melted down and crafted into hammers, chisels, weapons and other goods which the frost giants can put to use. Large timbers may be set aside for building new homes and halls in the settlement--or for repairing the ones which already stand, as damages set in--and beams and shafts of wood too small to form new spears and axes may be used to fuel the smiths' forges instead.

The jarl is also pleased to hear that Bjalla has surely found an artisan worthy of one day joining her as husband. From the first load of ore to reach Jotunnheim, and with no more than two of Jotunnheim's smiths at my side, Haldrwor shall personally forge two silver-chained courtship pendants, studded, etched and reliefed with what gold and cat's eye stones are at hand. When the next band of warriors and workers are cycled from Jotunnheim to Bjalla's settlement, Jarl Haldrwor shall go with them to personally gift Bjalla and Kellor with the pendants and well wishes, then take sum of the settlement's state and progress before returning with the next sunrise.

Guard - The silver mine has made Bjalla's settlement even more precious to Jotunnheim and, possibly, more desirable to the jotunn's enemies. Four more of Jotunnheim's warriors--two spearmen and two bonded shield maidens--are to be allotted to Bjalla's settlement, for a total of seven spearmen and seven shield maidens. Again, idleness among the settlement's guards is to be kept to a minimum; there shall be plenty of time for feasting and relaxation once they are cycled back to Jotunnheim. And with Bjalla's settlement built and viable, the time that guards and workers are swapped between the settlement and Jotunnheim need only be once every five days, and the workers (but not the warriors, whose training under Gunmir must persist) may refuse their reliefs and remain at the settlement if they wish.

With the emergence of the silver mine and the continual threat of the fire giants' return, the guards are to increase their vigilance. Though the dwarves are presently between the clan's notice, watch for their approach from the south--or through the mountainous rock and into the mine itself--and take warning against any ships approaching from across the sea.

Harvest - With Bjalla's bear herds in Jotunnheim, the hefty catches of fishes from the breakwaters and the crude stone and silver lodes from the mountains near the sea, there should be plenty for the frost giants to harvest for this duration. See them to their tasks.

By now, the food reclaimed from the thieving, conquered trolls has found its way into Jotunnheim's larders. Feed Jotunnheim's giants with it as they need, along with Bjalla's bear pork and gathered fishes. But permit no gluttony among them, for Winter is never gentle over the mountains, and Springtide may be long in coming.
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Taljor of the Minotaurs   Divine Champions; The Quest for Domination - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 6:07 pm

Warder bows at the command to end the phalanx training. “As you wish Chieftain. It will provide me more time to continue drilling the young warriors and training the commoners as you requested.”

Next, the human Rogar is brought before the council. His features express surprise when he and his sailors are dismissed. “Hrm.” He mutters. “I must admit I were expectin’ a bit of a different answer, but me lads and I will agree and respect ye decision. Fair play I figure for saving us from the sea. We will go, but just so ye know that we be not playin’ ya foul, we plan on goin’ onto the dwarf city as they likely be our only hope of passage back home. Be well, Heavyfoot, and good luck to ye.”

And with that, Rogar is escorted out and makes plans to leave.

Your decree against the dwarves is met with growls of agreement and many rap their fists against shields or their chests for several minutes. Soon word begins to trickle out regarding the decree and that all dwarves should take heed, lest their blood be used to season next year’s crops. Likewise, six of Thyr’s best scouts are selected and ready themselves to strike out into the night on a mission to spy on the hobgoblins and discover their intent.

Finally, the elf is brought forward. It cannot help but be noticed that for being alone surrounded by a pack of well seasoned minotaur warriors, the elf is notably calm and stoic. “Greetings Chief.” He says, his voice smooth, educated and even. He bows at the waist when bidden to speak. “As I have said, I represent no one but myself and I speak for no one but myself. My name is Vanor Tailsin and I am a lone traveler, nothing more. I had heard that your clan was seeking emissaries from other groups to discuss trade and negotiations. This I found interesting, for your fathers and father’s fathers before them believed only in war and plunder. My curiosity peaked, I decided to come and see for myself. I mean no harm and would ask that you allow me to do so.“

The Counsel concluded, Taljor makes his way to Rootburrow the next day to meet with the trade delegation. It is a hopeful, small and odd start. A gnome, a human farmer and a hobbit; all called together by a minotaur to discuss trade. First and foremost, your decree against the dwarves has the other leaders worried. Pelor of the hobbits is concerned that alienating the dwarves could cause them to raise their prices or embargo their goods of which the hobbits also trade with. Gobo from the gnomes shares Pelor’s concerns and often trade even more with the dwarves, even having commissions to make boots, wool cloaks and leather armor for some of them. He also hopes that your people know the difference between a gnome and a dwarf, given the shared features of the two races. Till from the humans is the most concerned. Red Clay village is a tiny place, little more than a simple hamlet with a handful of families living there. Being so few and so far away from the others, the dwarves…or any other force really, could simply sweep down and wipe them out if they had half a mind to. All three urge caution. Their warnings aside, the three of them are very willing to discuss trade and are optimistic of being able to barter and haggle without fines, fees or tariffs being levied against them like the dwarves often do.
Another odd benefit seems born out of these negotiations as well. A young minotaur named Kruss Smudgefinger accompanied you, mainly because he was given over to carry the ledgers and take notes. He is a thin and spindly creature for a minotaur; often sick in his youth and regularly mocked for his lack of stamina, strength and battle prowess; Kruss never had the ability to be a warrior and because of his stature and lowborn status, he and his family are farmers and servants to the other Clan families. However, Taljor noticed that Kruss has a knack for numbers and figures, often making notes about who has what and what they want for their goods in the ledgers.
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Alliea, Queen of Batral   Divine Champions; The Quest for Domination - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 7:51 pm

After a final night of drinking, fighting and gambling, the Khanate warriors leave to return home. Many of the city’s establishments are happy to see them go. While the Khanate people paid well, the costs of cleaning up and repairing after them was equally expensive. Bledda is clearly not pleased with the impasse in trade and is often overheard blaming the failure on ‘that damn foolish girl’. You do not envy the task ahead of your ambassador whom you send off with the Khanate envoy. Not an hour after the warriors leave, a small detachment of horsemen follow. Five of your best bandit-chasers, led by a young and ambitious cavalryman named Geerda Romerly, set out in pursuit.

Meanwhile, a runner comes from the East with news. After months of pressure, subtle and direct, economic and with veiled threats has finally caused a rift in the small villages. Between Mori and Yander, the people have finally split into squabbling groups each trying to find some sort of compromise with your decrees and the situation. It seems that after all the dust settles; the village has decided to ask the elvish families to move on ‘for the good of the village’. Many of the refugee families are bitterly opposed to this, decrying the village elders and people as cowards and fools for trusting Batral and its ‘killer queen’. Many are asked to move on with the elves and the dispossessed finally pack up and move farther south to the coastal hamlet. By month’s end, Mori returns to your throne room with an official petition from the village elders asking for your protection and support in return for their pledge of loyalty. Captain Yander remains behind and accepts seven young men for militia training. He does request permission to pursue the elves and other ‘undesirables’ as soon as the new militiamen are ready to march.
In Batral, your plan to match ‘community service’ laborers with work requests from the city craftsmen, merchants and the like is a huge success and soon gives rise to the Laborer’s Guild within your Merchant’s Circle. While the guild does not really represent the workers themselves, they do take the requests, sort them and match the requests to those either coming to find work for pay, needing to repay a debt with work and with those tasked with having to give ‘community service’. Gerald Bazal, the new Guild Master for the Labor Guild, happily reports to you that for now, the additions are minor, but as the guild gains strength and notoriety, the work will increase and the guild would be happy to contribute to your rule. For the time being however, the guild is a fledgling organization and Gerald humbly asks if his guild might be spared from your taxes for a brief time while he sorts out the organization. He also mentions that word of Batral’s wealth and work opportunities had been drawing in some newcomers drifting up from the South. While some two score have come, many are simple folk and have been given work in the mines, quarries or sent to the fields to work.

Sadly, not all news is good news. Batral still has a bad situation with banditry in the surrounding countryside. While Sgt Reller and his patrols and work gangs have pressed back the risk to the mines and quarries, the bandits have moved to attack softer targets. Many of the outlying farms and ranches have reported break-ins, thefts, looting and animal rustling. The roads in and out or Batral are at risk from banditry as well. Some of these thieves are simple highwaymen and thugs, the worst of the bunch are suspected of being ousted supporters of your father’s rule or of the nobility which was driven from the city. These are better organized, equipped and motivated.

It seems that the good comes with the bad still.
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Alliea, Queen of Batral   Divine Champions; The Quest for Domination - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:06 pm

**Special Event**

Alliea retired to her private rooms. It had been yet another long day of political maneuvering and honey veiled words, with smiles that never touched the eyes. She sighed, looking forward to a long bath and a chance to relax.
But that never seemed to be an easy thing nowadays;

Alleal froze with the sense that something was wrong. Her feelings were confirmed a second later when she saw the scribbled marks on her vanity mirror. Quick, long strokes covered the front of the glass; a simple check revealed the markings to be soap, likely from her own bath give the rose scent rising faintly from the mirror. The marks spelled out a simple message:

You are dealing with the Khanate all wrong. I can help, but I am not cheap. Come to the garden at 3 AM, alone, bring payment. Gems are nice.

A possible informant perhaps, or maybe a trap? Oh what to do, what to do....
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
Keeper of the Dark Mirror
The House of Ainsley

Male Number of posts : 2312

PostSubject: Re: Divine Champions; The Quest for Domination   Divine Champions; The Quest for Domination - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 5:56 am

(Meanwhile, the frost giants are still being awesome. Smile )

(So seeing as metalsmithing may not be the frost giants' strongest suit (as blazing forges don't mix well with ice caverns), I presume that such giants have devised or could devise magical means to craft ice which is as at least as strong as iron and can be formed or sculpted into suitably durable weapons and tools. Call it "hoarsteel" or whatever. How might these giants go about such a process?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Divine Champions; The Quest for Domination   Divine Champions; The Quest for Domination - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Divine Champions; The Quest for Domination
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2