Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion

Go down 
+4
Tain
GoldenDrakon
Wraith
S.E.A.M.U.S
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
The House of Ainsley
Keeper of the Dark Mirror
The House of Ainsley

Male Number of posts : 2312

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 2:17 am

So, Wraith...is your internet less buggy yet? Smile

Okay, I'm just running back out to drop Dad's mail off at Aunt Alma's ranch, then I'll be back to play some more catch-up myself. I'll be starting with Karnoz, of course. He's been getting some Gametable Nights love, but I really do need to get him back on the road to killing Arno Hennbauer....

Also, SEAMUS, I just found the figurehead for Corwin's ship-to-be! Have a gander, you old salt. Very Happy

Okay, I'll be back in a bit!
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 3:41 pm

Hey, at least he and Keitha got to kill an insane, trap-happy Level 7 halfling rogue and take his stuff. That was pretty entertaining, wasn't it? Cool

But yeah, I really want to get back to my one-or-two-posts-a-day spells. It's not like me to keep Karnoz waiting for so long, so I thought that I had better make the new post good. So I threw in a couple more ways to get to Peluko. I hope you enjoy it all. I even gave the sewer grates their own pog (rather than borrow that ship hatch over and over), just for you! Sylvea will see her sewer grates get the same facelift shortly...sometime tomorrow, with any luck. Very Happy

My first night at the gym (eight days into my membership...thanks, head cold and laryngitis...) was a success, and it was satisfying to see that I haven't lost all that much muscle memory since I got a car and stopped riding my mountain bike everywhere back in September 2003. So now my hamstrings, quadraceps and abdominals ache, and I'm going to sleep it off now.

Ciao for now. Go get Peluko, you sneaky sneak you! Cool
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 5:47 am

Hey guys. sorry haven't been around. burnt my arm this week and can't rest it on stuff so using comp is out. healing well though. using phone 2 do this cos it only just occurred 2 me that i can. sorry, texting language :-) um will hopefully b back soon. TAFE was good, doing pastry now. yum. send pics of my burn when i can. miss you all heaps!
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 9:20 am

Aloe vera. Apply liberally and wrap with gauze. Cool

Get well soon! We're holding you to those photos...which reminds me that we're still waiting on those knife photos too. Wink
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:23 am

Hehee Smile

I'll get to the knives soon, I promise. Looking forward to some holiday time too! I just put in for a 3 weeker!!!! So hopefully I can get some stuff done in april.

Burn's doing fine, can do stuff now and its starting to peel. Yeah, a friend of my cut some aloe off and I stuck it to my arm for a couple of days Smile trust me, I already know about the miraculous properties of that particular plant.

So - Vodafone still HASN'T FIXED THE DAMN TOWER!!! My internet is so buggy... I just... I just...

*goes on a shooting rampage*

*sigh* not much better - but a little less stressed now.

So... yeah. Be back when I can for as long as I can. Smile
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 9:14 am

Just to let y'all know, I've been super-busy these past few days; the Modern Zombie Survival server on Neverwinter Nights just brought me onboard as a DM, so now I'm having to get a handle on all of that server's DM tools. I'll take a break and get back here in the morning or early afternoon, though.

Being a DM in two different places is tough, you know? Neutral
Back to top Go down
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

Male Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:20 pm

i'm working on wearing down my wife about getting a lifetime subscription to DC universe online, so between that and work i'm swamped. (that and i couldn't pass up Civilisation IV for $7.50
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 7:00 am

You know, I'm having trouble envisioning Wraith going on a shooting rampage. Maybe she should join us on Steam so we can behold the fury. Laughing

Also, I really need to get back in the saddle here. On some related notes, our attic is finally turning into a respectable storage space (after I knocked together some shutters for the vents, tore out about 200 pounds of unnecessary sheetrock and lumber--none of it loadbearing, I promise--and started laying and nailing down some thick particleboard panels), and my muscles are really starting to ache from all these workouts. Hey, I have to justify my $40-per-month gym membership somehow, right?

Also, I finally got around to Jazman's PMs and Hero-Machined a pic for Keitha. I went ahead and switched the colors on her boots (for a proper shading effect) and matched her nose's color with the rest of her face for a more natural appearance. I also finished rolling up Keagon's Black Pawn servant (Matteas di Bulno, a barber), gave Donovan a last name (Stonefast) and Hero-Machined pics for both Donovan and Matteas. I hope Jaz and Tal like what I did with their undying and temporally suspended lackeys. Wink

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 HMKeitha

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 HMDonovan

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 HMMatteas

The barber profession is well worth a read, by the way. Bear in mind that, even though the Sweeney Todd Special--the folding straight razor--didn't exist until more contemporary times, the world has had scissors, shears and fixed barber razors since ancient times. Barbers themselves go back to ancient times as well; you can see in those articles how razors have been found among Bronze Age and Iron Age relics, and barber shops became popular as social hubs back in Ancient Rome. Barbers were considerably more esteemed and more versatile than today's barbers, handling everything from haircutting to shaving to manicures to medical leeching to tooth-pulling and dentistry to minor cosmetic surgery (such as boil-lancing, acne treatment and abscess removal). Emperor Humayun held his barber in such high regard that he had a grand tomb built for his barber--right next to his own tomb-to-be--when the barber died.

I just went to the Lone Star Barber Shop here in Canton for a buzzcut two days ago; the barber there knows how to use straight razors and he has a pricing sign which finishes its price list with entries like "Dentistry: Outlawed" and "Bloodletting: Outlawed", nifty little references to the barbers of bygone ages. It's still legal for barbers to use straight razors here in Texas, of course.

Barbers also make pretty rockin' assassins in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Yes, the Barber slashes people's throats with a straight razor. And he sports a sweet moustache, too...his own work, no doubt. Wink

Anyway, I'm rambling. And now I'm off to post a new entry for the Character Sheets topic. No prize for guessing why. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 9:41 am

Okay, I'm off to work now. Tomorrow I'll be upgrading Donovan from the Commoner class to the Expert class, having decided that Donovan's skills at masonry and metalworking place him as a skilled artisan well above the rank and file of most commonfolk. He'll get a bunch more Skill Points and two more Hit Points out of the deal, thus placing him on equal footing with Matteas. Yes, Donovan gets a history too. So stay tuned. Wink

See you tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 5:38 am

Damn...these forums need another spark of life, don't they? Sad

Well, tonight's my night off, and another First Monday's over and done with (and we finally have some room in our shed again), so I'm going to bed. Give me about eight hours or so and I'll see what I can do.

Would anyone be up for another Gametable Night tonight, by the way?
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

Male Number of posts : 1586

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 6:19 am

The House of Ainsley wrote:
Damn...these forums need another spark of life, don't they? Sad

Would anyone be up for another Gametable Night tonight, by the way?

Hells yes, although Jazman may not be in for a while. If nothing else, perhaps some Chapt Zero posting?

And I'm sure there are others who'd love to get a post too.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 3:19 pm

Bleh... I need to move to america....

OR...

You could move here Smile

I miss gametable Sad
Back to top Go down
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 6:26 pm

I can't play on gametable for at least the next 40 days. (i'm giving up PC gaming for lent) I'm allowing myself forum posting and Mafia, but no video games on the computer (which unfortunately counts gametable) good news is i may post more in my chapter 0
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 9:34 am

I'll have to make it quick here; I'm on my way to work yet again, and we're hosting a big family reunion this weekend. Things like this tend to keep me pretty busy at the lodge. Neutral

GoldenDrakon wrote:
Hells yes, although Jazman may not be in for a while. If nothing else, perhaps some Chapt Zero posting?

And I'm sure there are others who'd love to get a post too.
Hey, I finally got around to Wraith last night. Wink

And my frost giants have still been frozen in a .txt file for however-long-it's-been. I may have to slack on that tedious attic work and get 'em rolling again. Balancing on joyces and screwing down particleboard is kind of a pain anyway.

Wraith wrote:
Bleh... I need to move to america....

OR...

You could move here Smile

I miss gametable Sad
Gametable misses you too. Sad

So how's the cost of living Down Under these days?

S.E.A.M.U.S wrote:
I can't play on gametable for at least the next 40 days. (i'm giving up PC gaming for lent) I'm allowing myself forum posting and Mafia, but no video games on the computer (which unfortunately counts gametable) good news is i may post more in my chapter 0
Would it help if I described Gametable as "really fast forum posting"? Wink

Also, glad to have you back! I can't wait to read what Corwin's done this time.... cheers

Okay, I'm off to justify my paycheck now. See y'all tomorrow! Smile
Back to top Go down
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:22 pm

i was thinking of accepting the burgomeisters offer, taking his money, then burning his casle to the ground with all inside. oh but not until AFTER i stole back all the goods.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:58 pm

Thinking without doing, huh? Laughing

Okay, I just woke up a little bit ago and I'm famished. Let me swing by Pizza Hut and take care of that problem. I'll be back for more (and for Karnoz and Corwin, ideally) in a jiffy.
Back to top Go down
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:29 am

well, it WOULD make his prolugue much shorter Smile

so what odds do you give of it suvcceeding? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:51 am

*does simple division*

Oh, about 1,861:1.

Better roll a few hundred Nat 20's. Razz
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 8:27 am

Woot! Another payday is here! I find myself finally coming into reach of that laptop, but I find myself faced with more questions:

1) Should I buy from Walmart, Best Buy or somewhere else? Walmart's cheapest, of course, but you get what you pay for; their technical support doesn't go much further than showing people how to turn the computer on. Best Buy has much better tech support and a wider selection, but they may not be the best computer outlet either. What would you recommend if the laptop's mostly going to be for internet browsing, WiFi access, Gametable and simpler games like The Sims 2 and Neverwinter Nights?

2) I won't buy Acer; Acer is crap. What brands are you people familiar with, and how well do their laptops' performances stack up?

3) Any other advice for someone buying his first laptop?

That's it for now. I'm off to work. And with a little luck, I might have some free time tomorrow. I need to photograph my progress on our attic and other home improvement details, too. Smile
Back to top Go down
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:22 pm

check out dell... you might find something and on laptops 699.00 or more there's free shipping right now
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:06 am

$700 is kind of rich for me. What do you get for that much?
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 4:03 pm

There are some good e-machines out there. But I would only recommend them for internet browsing. Most of them are still only using an Atom processor. Not really good for gaming on the go.

If you go for Dell, I'm not sure if it's the same over there, but here, they use the same chipping system as Acer.

I bought a compaq myself... the support system is varied. Sometimes its good, and sometimes its just... dead. But HP do own it.... so yeah. It was a cheapie too - you need to always have the battery in and they have a nasty habit of overheating. I've had to buy external cooling systems for this thing.

of course, I'm still running on Windows Vista - I think 7 is better and I'm still using the old duocore boards. But its a trooper. I think of getting rid of it all the time... but I haven't yet Smile

My mum's got a HP - their support system is FANTASTIC. But they are a little more expensive. But mum's almost never overheats, I can run it for hours and its great. The battery life is noticebly better too - she's running windows 7.

And dude, you're still playing Sims 2?! Sims 3 is da bomb!!!!
Back to top Go down
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:42 am

i saw you lurking ainsley! i'm waiting on a response!!!
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:39 am

Aw, fudge. I have a bad habit of leaving Internet Explorer on even while I'm AFK for hours at a time. Sorry about that. Sad

Tomorrow's payday (normally a pretty busy day for me), but I'll try to set aside a few hours and get back on IV. Pinky promise. Wink
Back to top Go down
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 5:17 pm

you pinky swear?

edit on 3/28/11

you have violated the terms of the pinkie promise. The gods cast "Agmir's Specific Leprosy" and your pinkie finger falls off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion   House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

House of Ainsley: Out-of-Character Discussion
Page 19 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next