Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Darkest Kiss

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kalika
Youngling
Youngling
Kalika

Female Number of posts : 28

Darkest Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Darkest Kiss   Darkest Kiss Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 2:38 pm

Leaning against the wall Kalika closed her eyes and took some deep breaths. Sweaty tendrils of wavy dark hair clung to her face as she reloaded.

Her gun of choice were two specially crafted desert eagles. Each gun was matt and chrome silver with spiderwebs etched into the grips with rubies inlaid on the webs to look like drops of blood. This was attributed to her call sign Blackwidow.

Back to the mission at hand she new the perp was at the back of the room, approximately 50 ft away and to her left.
Breathing deep she leant out and shot twice. One blasted through the perps ankle on his left leg and the other through the right knee.

Screaming in agony he dropped to the ground. Kalika smirked, rotated her head to ease her neck muscles and strolled out into the room. Keeping her guard she stepped up to the perp smiled coldly down into his eyes and blew his brains out to pattern the floor in blood and gore. Nice.

Holstering her weapons in a specially made belt that clipped her guns to the small of her back she walked back to where her knee length black coat was hanging. This was her favourite coat. She did *not* want to get blood on it.

Flicking out her mobile she slid the face up and dialled a number. "Blackwidow. Perp erased. Coming in."

Without a backward glance she strode out the doors into the night. Walking down the block she hopped into her one vice. Her 1967 Shelby GT500 Mustang. It was wet black so shiny you wanted to cry and its name was Oh Baby. Sliding into the butter soft blood red leather seats, she cranked "Disturbed - Conflict" and tore off into the night.
Back to top Go down
Kalika
Youngling
Youngling
Kalika

Darkest Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkest Kiss   Darkest Kiss Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 1:30 pm

"enemy, enemy...ENEMY!!!" Her favourite song blaring out of the speakers from her custom made stereo filled the car as she sped through the night.

Some nights she would wonder how she got into this 'business'. She had no aversion to blood, liked to fight and eventually her intelligence and skills drew the attention of a rather, unconventional agency.

After a month of training and on the job advice she was now and had been for the last 10 months an assassin. The last two months she had been the highest paid, most sought after assassin to boot.

Pulling into the underground parking complex of her heavily guarded apartment facility she hopped out of her car, locked it and made her way to the elevator. Punching in a set sequence of numbers the elevator whisked her upwards.

You see the security was so good in this place, only one side of each floor had a residential apartment on it, the otherside was fake and each floor had its own code rather than a number. And the owner of the apartment on that floor made the code.

Getting out at her floor she cocked her head as she had a sudden sense of 'somethings not right.' Slipping her guns back out of the holsters she edged along the wall to her door.

It was open. "Fuck me." she said under her breath. Holding the guns against her forehead she closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

Reaching out she pushed the door open with one of her guns, her body staying out of line of sight of anyone in the apartment.

No sudden bullet shots or movements happened. Slowly entering the foyer she tracked the room quickly for enemies. Seeing none she allowed her mind to tick through the questions plaguing her. How in the HELL had the bastards got in? The only people that had the code was her and her work. Not even her fuck buddy had her code he had to ring the buzzer like every body else.

That left...oh christ. She had become to good. Her agency wanted her eliminated before she was a threat to them. Swearing bloody vengeance and all sorts of ill things on their heads she made her way through her apartment. Nothing out of place...no one here that shouldnt be...growling she holstered one gun but kept the other out.

She froze as she felt the icy tip of a gun barrel press against her temple. Turning she looked into eyes she new very well.

Snarling all sorts of condemning epithets at her self she looked at her casual lover. Fantastic...oh yes. very smart.
His midnight hair, chocolate eyes and body to die for had blinded her from the start...and the things he could do in bed? My god the man deserved a medal.

But right now his eyes were black and cold. "Evenin' Darlin'," He drawled. "Some associates of yours thought I should pay you a visit. Seemin they think your gettin to big for your britches honey."

"Gabe? Stick it up your ass and smoke it." With that she dropped under the gun and swung a leg out knocking him on his ass. Launching herself she landed ontop of him and straddled him. Holding her gun under his chin she smiled a cold smile that did not reach her eyes.

"Call me honey again? The next thing you experience will be an up close and personal encounter with my gun."

"Well geez Kali, if you wanted to get frisky one last time you just had to ask." This was accompanied by his fist connecting with her chin.

As she flew backwards off him she landed on her back on the carpet. Flipping to her feet she fired several shots at him, but he was already moving and her head was fuzzy from that hit.

She had to get out of here it was to enclosed. Seeing her window she had an idea. Still firing a shot at him she ran forward and launched herself feet first into his chest knocking him to the floor and stunning him for the precious seconds she needed.

Turning on her heel she drew her other gun and sprinting for the window, emptied her clip into it, shattering it as she dove through.

She wasn't completely dumb. She was on the 5th floor, and below her directly was the pool. She should be able to make the distance if she hit the water right.

Yeah it could work...except for some odd reason her brain blanked out at the last second, her left hand dropping its gun. The last thing she experienced was the sensation of falling and clutching her gun tight in her right hand.

She never hit the water.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

Darkest Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkest Kiss   Darkest Kiss Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 2:37 pm

Wraith walked along the bank of the lake, stopping to lift her nose and sniff in the scent of the night around her. Behind her, a dark line of trees indicated the forest beyond. Flowers grew profusely here, as like in a meadow, and it was one of Wraith's favourite placed. She had worked so hard to get what had been little more than a trickle to become this mighty lake she could see now. The hundreds of years she had worked with both small flower meadow and lake paid off.

The twin moons were full, the smaller one shining brighter than the larger one. The air smelled of jasmine, rose, lavender, gardenia as well as many other species she could not name. Over the years, she had become a rather adept gardener, through trial and error of course. But there it was, the jewel of her dead heart.

She sighed and sat amongst the flowers, breathing in the scent of the night bloomers. The stars were out in brilliant force and she felt for once, peaceful.

That peace was shattered in an instant as a flash illuminated the sky. Thunder without sound boomed and Wraith raised a hand to her eyes, shading their delicate brown depths. She hissed in discomfort, finding her Change immediate. Sighing, she Changed back to normal and shook her head, she had become too much of a vampire in the years -- and it bothered her.

The sky cracked open and suddenly it began pouring rain. At least... a part of the sky began pouring rain.

Wraith had to suddenly snatch up her legs under her as some wet and large thudded to the ground. She blinked, studying the form before her.

It was human, well, it looked human but she knew better than that, here in this place. She took a delicate sniff and hissed again. Vampire

The woman shivered, stark naked. Wraith tsked and unwrapped her long shawl, covering the poor woman. The older vampire took a look up a the sky -- it was clear. She shook her head and sighed, sitting by the woman, rubbing the material around her so that she was both warm and dry.

Then she sat back and awaited her awakening, she knew questions would be asked and she had better be here to answer them. She took another look up and nodded, at least the dawn seemed far enough away.
Back to top Go down
Kalika
Youngling
Youngling
Kalika

Darkest Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkest Kiss   Darkest Kiss Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 5:49 am

Kalika woke up. Instantly. No fuzziness no hesitation. The first thought that entered her mind was, My gun is gone.

She was also....NAKED!? There was some dark cloak thing wrapped around her at the moment but under it? nothing.
Oohhh this was great! What the fuck happened? She thought to her self. Last she knew, she had on clothes and was leaping head first out a window into a pool to get away from her lying, two faced, cheap ass lover!

With a sigh Kalika levered herself up onto her hands and sat up. As she was pushing herself into a seated position she saw her right hand. "What in the name of hell...?" She breathed...her gun maybe gone back on the back of her hand was the same design from the grip on the gun!

With an eyebrow raised Kalika decided she would address that issue later. Lifting her eyes she gazed straight into the brown eyes of the woman across from her.

"So Lady. Tell me, did that asshole ex of mine shoot me up with some hallucinogen and your in my mind or am I dead? I mean lets see, surrounded by flowers which look and smelll fantastic by the way you should be so proud, which are really bright and colourful even though its night. Huh. Strange. Anyway, I'd 'preciate it if I could get my gun back and get out of here, savvy?" Sarcasm laved her voice heavily. Her southern drawl a light honey coating over the top. She may be from lots of places but she could never manage to get her birthplace out of her voice.

She kept her gaze on the woman's watching for any sign of attack as she waited for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Darkest Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkest Kiss   Darkest Kiss Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 6:44 pm

Wraith did not attack, in fact, she didn't even blink as Kalika continued on with her little tirade. Actually, the naked woman would soon find out why she didn't -- she was too busy laughing.

At first it was just a twinkle in her eyes, and then it was a grin and at the last of Kalika's words, outright laughter bubbled up from the black bedecked woman.

The two moons shone high in the night sky, shining down at the field of flowers below. She gestured at the flowers, choosing to address this part of the speech first. "I am a person of the night and I found as many night bloomer as I could. This is nothing compared to the day though, so I hope you get to see it..." she trailed off at that point, a strange look on her face.

Then she was smiling once again, not making any sudden movements. From the sarcasm and the anger laced in Kalika's speach, Wraith could tell that this one would be one to handle gently.

"First of all, you're not dead. At least, not here. Second, you're not hallucinating, though I don't think you'll take my word for it. Third, I am not 'lady'. My name is Wraith. Call it an odd name if you wish, but it is the name I chose." She shrugged lightly.

She paused again, seeming to consider how best to put her next words, "Your gun you will find is gone. You can never have it back again... at least not in this world. Guns here are a thing just imagined. I could never have fashioned one and projectiles like bullets are far out of our range right now. But we have bows and arrows and crossbows are being designed, so that should be helpful."

She stopped, ducking her head as she realised she had been babbling somewhat, "Needless to say, I think you should remain calm - be polite - and please tell me your name,"

Her smile was friendly but only with the glint in her eye would Kalika finally hear the menace in her voice that she could never quite mask. No matter her good intentions.
Back to top Go down
Kalika
Youngling
Youngling
Kalika

Darkest Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkest Kiss   Darkest Kiss Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 2:10 pm

Kalika's eyes narrowed as the woman laughed at her. Yeah not appreciated.

"Wraith huh? Is that like your call sign or something? Yeah well I'm Kalika, but you can call me Kali if you want. Ya'll dont have guns?" raising an incredulous eyebrow Kalika tried to stop her jaw from dropping.

"Mmmm...well I'll find myself a bow, some arrows, and then I'll definately be wantin' a crossbow an some quarrels. Until then I need to be defendin myself? I got myself." Seems even though she was trying ever so hard to tamp down her accent it was getting stronger believe it or not.

"Also? Any idea where my clothes are? I was quite attached to most of them...And no offence? You aint my type and I dont like being the only one naked."

Sighing, Kalika rubbed absently at her taut belly as it started to grumble and growl. Strange though...she wasn't really hungry for food food...hmm.

"Oh and point? If Im not hallucinating....where in the hell am I? and two, unless your involved how do you happen to be right here when I wake up?"
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Darkest Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkest Kiss   Darkest Kiss Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:33 pm

Wraith smiled tautly through the entire time Kalika talked. She said not a thing until the other woman drew breath to speak some more. Holding up a hand, as if in surrender, she gently shrugged, the movement a bare whisper, "Sometimes it is a lucky thing when people find those who are lost." She said cryptically, her hissing low voice calm and eery in the bright starry night.

"Of your clothes, Kali, I cannot tell you. However, you can borrow my cloak if you wish for more coverage," she gestured to the rather wide and well stitched cloth wrapped around Kali's naked form.

She tilted her head, not just now noticing the clear southern drawl in the irate woman's voice, but just now choosing to acknowledge it. In response, she herself slowed up her own words -- in insult, simply in precaution to a reaction that she had gotten far too many times not to predict.

"You are in a place called Illusion Vale. Your existence, I can only assume, in your last world has ended. People from yoru world and other worlds come here, for reasons I don't comprehend as of yet. But they come and I care for them as it has been since the First. Since I cam into this world."

Then her words came even softer and more hesitant, "There is something I must tell you that may shock and confuse you even more, dear one."

She sighed and looked up into the celestial sky for a moment, gathering her wits about her, then she swung her face back down and stared directly into the other woman's eyes, "I'm afraid, Kalika, you are no longer human."
Back to top Go down
Kalika
Youngling
Youngling
Kalika

Darkest Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkest Kiss   Darkest Kiss Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 9:36 am

Kali listened quietly while Wraith spoke, telling her she could use the cloak until she found clothes, where she was and.....hold the freakin phone.

"NOT human?! Um...okay what drugs have you been taking? Look at me!" holding out her arms, "two arms, two legs, two feet, 10 toes, 2 hands, 8 fingers and 2 thumbs, face, nose, mouth...seem pretty human to me Wraith. So how about you possibly clarify 'Not Human' for me?"

Taking a deep breath she covered her face with her hand and sighed. "Look. Im sorry for the outburst okay? Im usually more in control of my emotions than this. Im just freaked out slightly and my weapons are gone and of course, to top it off I'm naked and...and...god I am HUNGRY."
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Darkest Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkest Kiss   Darkest Kiss Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 3:53 pm

Wraith tilted her head slowly, as if considering something, "You are hungry?" she repeated, nodding to herself slowly all the while.

When she spoke again, her voice was soft and somehow soothing, no matter the menace that seemed to just ooze effortlessly from her.

"Then I must tell you that no... you aren't human," she paused, "And neither am I."

She stopped then, waiting to see if Kali would have another sarcastic outburst... she was really quite used to it. She had done this for 300 years, after all.

"No, I'm not human. I'm actually what you in your world would call... a vampire." She stopped again, waiting on Kalika's response to that. She hoped it wouldn't be too bad.

Her next pronouncement would be equally earth shattering.

"So you are you."

Sitting back, she regarded the other (naked) woman and calmly accepted whatever storm was about to come.

Next... she hoped it wasn't too much too soon... she would have to Change. If this woman was to believe her and let her Feed her before the Hunger descended on her fully, then she would. Though she didn't exactly anticipate the reaction she would almost certainly get to that!
Back to top Go down
Kalika
Youngling
Youngling
Kalika

Darkest Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkest Kiss   Darkest Kiss Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 9:45 am

Kali couldnt help it. She laughed her ass off. Then she looked at Wraiths' face and her laughter died off. Shit. This chick wasn't kidding. Opening her mouth she slid a tongue over her canines which appeared....normal. Hmph. Some vampire.

Deciding to go with it she gave into the hunger gnawing at her belly and gasped when she felt her canines extend down until they were long, curved and deadly. Fuck.

"Wonder-fucking-ful. So lets assume this is all real and I'm not hallucinating, tell me whens lunch? I'm starved." With a roll of her eyes Kali clambered to her feet and wrapped the cloak around her. "And FYI? I seriously need some clothes here this is comfy and all? but clothes would be good."

Rolling her head on her neck to ease the muscles as she was want to do in tense situations she was about to start asking questions when the hunger in her gut intensified to a painful level and doubled her over in agony.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Darkest Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkest Kiss   Darkest Kiss Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 10:30 am

Wraith's eyebrow prodded up into her head again as she watched Kali's reaction. She shook her head and sighed - "You will get clothes once we start moving and get you back to the city. I would not allow you to run around naked all the time, believe me." Geeze, state the obvious or anything?

Then her eyes narrowed and she hissed in concern as Kali doubled over. She nodded once to herself and abruptly vanished. She was not gone long, however, as within a few heart beats she was back.

Draped over her shoulders was a strange looking animal that had fleece like a sheep, although it also sported six slegs and four eyes. There were two tails as well - and it was bleating like crazy.

Setting the creature down, but holding it by one of its curly horns, she quickly ripped off the neck fur and slit a deep cut into its skin. Blood began to well out and Wraith grimaced, "Forgive me, but there is no time for you, Little One."

Then she reached forwards and gently began to guide Kali's head towards the bleeding wound. "If you can hear me, hurry - you cannot feed on the dead and these beasts do not live for long."
Back to top Go down
Kalika
Youngling
Youngling
Kalika

Darkest Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkest Kiss   Darkest Kiss Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 6:26 am

Oh god! She instinctively tried not to retch as blood welled up from the poor creatures throat...but interestingly she realised belatedly she did not have the urge retch at all.

As Wraiths hand guided her head towards the wound she closed her eyes and said to self, Kali, suck it up baby girl this isn't any weirder than some of the other things around here.

She latched her mouth on to the wound and the minute that first trickle hit her tongue her body went into over drive, her arms whipped out and clung to the animal her nails extending into claws, sucking she took deep drafts of the beautiful elixir flowing from this animal. Opening her eyes and looking at Wraith she couldn't tell herself but her eyes were black like a sharks at feeding time.

Before long Wraith was gently nudging her back as the animal was dead and nothing more than a carcass. Sitting back, replete, Kali used a thumb to wipe some of the blood from the corner of her mouth. Running her tongue over it so as not to waste it, Kali smiled up at Wraith.

"More?" followed by a small chuckle.

"So...what now Wraith? And by the way? Yeah loving this vampire kick. Thats the best drink Ive had in ages."
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Darkest Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkest Kiss   Darkest Kiss Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 10:58 am

Wraith raised an eyebrow at that last comment, this one was unpredictable. Funnily enough, she was beginning to like that aspect of this woman's personality. It was... refreshing.

For a vampire old enough to almost have done and seen it all, it was nice to be surprised.

"There are a few rules you will need to follow, especially given your new... abilities." She said softly, letting the creature fall lifeless to the ground, discarded and forgotten. The carrion creatures would tend to its proper disposal.

"First, you must not turn or bite any other Vampire. Should you fall ill, you may only Feed from me, as my blood can cure most anything."

She began to tick off her fingers one by one as she got up and began to exit the night bloom field, it was clear she expected to be followed, "Secondly, you cannot feed from death flesh, as you know. Nor can you feed on any other citizen of the Vale. We have specially bred animals for this."

She looked back at Kalika, "You cannot breed, but you may take lovers if you wish. You can even marry, just know that such... alliances... will not produce offspring."

Then she kept walking, her tone very business like, as if she had gone through this hundreds, nay, thousands of times, "You will answer to me. Always. Most people here aren't predujiced against other races, but - there are some that don't like us, or others not of their kind. Ignore this, don't get provoked. If you start a fight, I will end it."

Then she stopped, her voice even more serious, her expression doubly so as she looked at Kali, "You can be harmed by fire and silver. Stay away from those. Get burnt, you will heal. Silver wounds, however will heal but leave a scar. If you ever get poisoned by silver, come see me immediately."

Then she sighed, "Getting your head cut off is a no go. Wooden stakes do nothing and religious artefacts even less. Eventually you'll be able to walk in the sun and even read people's minds, but not yet, you're too young."

There were many more powers, many more things she had to tell this woman about themselves, but for now this would be enough. For now, Kali would be able to absorb information and ask her own questions from that.

As Wraith turned again and took a few steps away from the canopy of the trees, a small village, no, a town center was revealed. In the middle lay a well with squat mud brick houses on all sides. Some were smaller than others, and some larger. But a single log built buildind dominated the rest of their attention.

This was the Long Hall or Main Hall for Vale City. It was a gathering place and eating hall for all of its citizens and the light of many candles and fires could be seen twinkling in between beams and in windows. Strange, but festive music also issued from within.

"Lets get you some clothes," Wraith muttered as she veered off to the side and entered a smallish hut.
Back to top Go down
Kalika
Youngling
Youngling
Kalika

Darkest Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkest Kiss   Darkest Kiss Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:55 am

Kali listened intently to all these instructions while following Wraith. There was not really much to ask as the other woman had really covered everything....except.

"Hang on, time out. I am a vampire right? How in the hell do I get sick? I understand about the silver poisoning, but you separated the two, so what exactly can I catch thats an illness?"

She could deal with not going out in the sun for awhile. Her previous career usually required sleep or research during the day and hunting at night...so much the same reallly.

Follwing Wraith once more, she went in to the small hut fairly certain she would miss something cool if she stood and looked around to long. The inside of the hut was simple but neat and seemed functional for whatever needs one would have in a place such as this.

"Thanks Wraith, clothes would be great! Also, is there a map or something? and What do people do for work or money around here?"
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Darkest Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkest Kiss   Darkest Kiss Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 11:16 am

Wraith smiled, "There are many diseases that we vampires catch - most are unique to us, but some can be passed on from lovers and the like. You were from Earth, right? Well, I found that most standard earthen diseases aren't worth considering. I've never come across the flu before!" She grinned. "But there is a disease that comes from eating the wrong plant - I'll show it to you later - that makes your hair fall out. It affects pretty much everybody."

She shrugged, "Even I get sick - usually its just something in my head. Either a constant pain or aches. You'll find that most of the time you'll get it from lovers though, or those in close contact. What your system can't eject itself, my blood can."

"Earth rules for a vampire are pretty much useless here, so if you have any questions - just ask me, or any other older vampire that's been here a while. There are some of them around, though they tend to stay away from the bulk of people."

"As for money, we don't have a currency system here. We trade and barter goods and services. Most of the times just a 'thank you' is all that's needed. But we often think its nice if we give something needed in return."

Wraith shifted around some bundles of clothing and other miscellaneous items before she came up with something.

Holding up a short shirt that wrapped loosely around the chest and looped around one shoulder, she pressed the cloth of against Kali. It was soft and made of a dark reddish colour. It could have been the colour of blood.

Wraith also handed her an ankle length skirt that was slitted up both sides - it would reveal much of her thighs when worn. It had a similar wrap design at the top that would secure it onto Kali's hips. The skirt was coloured mostly black but splashes and lines of red crept up the length of material.

"Hopefully you'll like this. If not, I can find something else," Wraith smiled hopefully. It was just Kali's size too.
Back to top Go down
Kalika
Youngling
Youngling
Kalika

Darkest Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkest Kiss   Darkest Kiss Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 5:26 am

Kali looked down at herself and all but purred at the soft supple material.

"Oh yeah, I'll take these...thanks." Turning Kalika shucked the cloak and drew the clothes on. She went through some moves too make sure it was easy to defend or attack in and she could get around okay. They were perfect. More girly than she was used to but they were fantastic!

Turning back to face Wraith she smiled her first genuine smile in a while.

"Thankyou for the clothes. Really, they're great. So I guess I should ask, can you show me around? please? Where I can and can't go, What I can and can't do," and laughingly added, "what I can and cant eat."
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Darkest Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkest Kiss   Darkest Kiss Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 7:02 am

Wraith smiled, politely looking away as Kali donned the skirt and shirt. When she deemed it safe, she turned and saw how the other woman was now garbed. She smiled in appreciation... even without the evident power of Vampires in this world, she knew that this particular woman was going to be a man-eater. Figuratively speaking, of course.

"You look wonderful!" Her warm voice purred malice across Kali's skin and the smile that came with it had an uncertain quality to it.

The oddness gleam vanished from Wraith's eyes and she smiled, much more friendly now, "Come, the night is young and I will show you as much as I can before it ends. Feel free to ask questions - nothing, I assure you, is stupid. Only a question you did not ask."

She took the other woman's hand, squeezing slightly in reasurrance, or something else was not certain, and led her from the hut.

From there, Wraith told her much of the layout of the Vale City. The communal Long House were people ate, some slept and most just hung out. The cooking quarters (staged close to the long house). She took Kali to the Smith, the Jeweler, the Weaver, the Farmers (of both cattle and vegetation) as well as any numerous other places that a city needed to survive.

She explained about the strange sheep-like creatures that were penned in a different area that were reserved for vampyre's uses alone. She also explained just how much Kali would need to feed and that the older she got, the less she would need to rely on Blood for her sustanence.

She explained about the Hunger and what would happen should she not Feed in time. Wraith made it very clear that Kali would not survive such an event.

She did not take Kali to visit any other vampyres, not for any special reason, just that there was not much time left in the evening. When the sun began to come up, Kali was left reeling with information that she had the entire day to focus on.

As Wraith led Kali to a small hut sat on the edge of the city grounds, she explained what usually happened to vampyre's of her age during the day. "The younger you are, the more energy you will need to sustain your body. You will most likely sleep throughout the day, but your mind will be active - its a strange sensation, but you'll get used to it. The older you get, the less you will need to sleep... but also, the more resistant to the sun you will become. It all balances out."

She smiled apologetically as she ushered Kali inside the hut, the beginnings of dawn were showing in the sky above. "As I'm over 300 years old, my Sun Resistance allows me to function during the day - so I apologise, but this is where I must leave you."

Inside, the Hut was sparsely furnished, but it did look cosy enough. There was a bed in one corner that looked invitingly soft and floor was covered in plush material.

"Sleep Well. And when you awake, just come to my house. If you can't remember, ask someone. They all know where it is."

Then she smiled and patted Kali on the shoulder. "Through the day, I may touch your mind - you will develop this ability eventually - but don't be alarmed. I'm just checking up on you."

Then she turned around and left, leaving Kali alone in the homely hut.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Darkest Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkest Kiss   Darkest Kiss Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darkest Kiss
Page 1 of 1