Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Casting Call: Stockton by Night

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales

Male Number of posts : 1501

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:07 am

Wraith wrote:
If anything, I think I would rather be a magic user... I know its not magic, persay, but abilities honed with time. If you're just looking at classes to start off with. Oh and most definitely female...

(although, I do play a male vamp pretty well....) hmmmm

Ah, one Blood Mage coming up!

clan Tremere, magically powerful witches and wizards who clutter together in large covens and experiment on magical advancements. Your uniqueness and beauty is equaled to your love for scientific research. But you are no nerd, you are powerful in your magic and feared in your mercilessness. You keep your secrets well hidden until your discorveries are ready to be shared with the world. You lack brute strength, but your magical skills are that of a powerful mage.

Tremere can use their vampiric blood to power rituals and 'spells'. This is in addition to their other 'gifts'. Twisted Evil

"I can fire your blood with passion or leave you sick with bile and revulsion. I raise heroes from the masses and send them to lay low kings and warlords. I will take you to exotic, far-away places, only to leave you in darkness and dispair. I can show you wonderous treasures beyond your wildest dreams, and terrors to freeze your soul."

"Who am I? I'm your StoryTeller."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:19 am

Draganchroi wrote:
no more swords for PG till she learns to fear and respect the blade

*Pfft.* Sword... Rolling Eyes

.22mm full metal jacket. Two to the chest center mass, one to the head.

I win. Cool

"I can fire your blood with passion or leave you sick with bile and revulsion. I raise heroes from the masses and send them to lay low kings and warlords. I will take you to exotic, far-away places, only to leave you in darkness and dispair. I can show you wonderous treasures beyond your wildest dreams, and terrors to freeze your soul."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akaron Corvus
First Knight and Lore Master

Male Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:46 am

swords are waaaaay more fun then guns
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:57 am

Don't get me wrong, swords are cool and stuff. I have several actually, but they are still impracticle, outmoded and ineffective to what they were meant for.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akaron Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:00 am

outmoded perhaps, but still effective
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wraith
Lady Illusion

Female Number of posts : 2116

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:45 am

GoldenDrakon wrote:

Ah, one Blood Mage coming up!

clan Tremere, magically powerful witches and wizards who clutter together in large covens and experiment on magical advancements. Your uniqueness and beauty is equaled to your love for scientific research. But you are no nerd, you are powerful in your magic and feared in your mercilessness. You keep your secrets well hidden until your discorveries are ready to be shared with the world. You lack brute strength, but your magical skills are that of a powerful mage.

Tremere can use their vampiric blood to power rituals and 'spells'. This is in addition to their other 'gifts'. Twisted Evil

That sounds perfect Very Happy
As to strength, I think the natural strength a kindred has is enough for me. I can augment it with magic Twisted Evil

View user profile
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Male Number of posts : 194

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:32 am

Well, GD, I will leave it up to you... Peter or Rick. **sends sublimial thought... Peter, Peter**

You know I'm game for this! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:18 pm

I figured you would be, Tal Smile Since the old game is gone, Peter would be welcome, since I know you've been chomping at the bit to play him again...

However, this RP idea is on hold until further notice for now. Between my lack of time and the limited number of V:tM players here, it would be unwise to start it up IMHO.

But post a bio and maybe you can help me educate those who are still interested.

If I can get three or four players with a fair knowledge of the WoD Vampire universe (the history and background, not the gaming system) I'll consider giving this a whirl.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:54 pm

And where do you want the bio?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:12 am

Right here will do nicely!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:30 am

**Here's my bio and the end of it is where I'd like to pick up once the game is up and running.**

Peter O'Roarke, an Irish desendent was born of all days, March 17, 1962. His late Grandfather was a General in the IRA and to avoid a life that followed his footstep's, he sent Peter's father, Sean and his young bride to the "Land of the Free" in hopes of a better life. This eventually led to the death of his Grandfather for betraying Ireland, the IRA and his own family. The plan worked... almost. The IRA didn't like the idea of thier 'family' leaving without permission. Through careful investigation, payoffs and more than just investigative work, they had found the in Oakland and sent agents to either bring them back or kill them for what they called treason. Peter was at school and was only 6 the day the agents came knocking. He had to learn the ways of the streets and all possable survival skills necessary not to get his ass kicked or killed. He never became a gang member, as was the norm for unwanted, runaways or displaced youths, but had many dealng with them. For extra cash he
would help them sell drugs, do steak-outs on people that had 'hits' on them or even collect money
from prostitutes.

In his early and mid-teen years, he got in fights everyday like it was religion. The streets has toughened him up on the outside, but more so on the inside. He couldn't control the anger, the rage that welled inside. Freinds were few and girl friends were even fewer because of it. He had put a wall around his heart to avoid being hurt again and had secretly vowed to avenge his parents death. The only thing he was good at was fighting.

The years passed, turbulent as they may have been. He made it to graduation. He was no valdictorian or honor graduate, but he wasn't the class idiot either. Infact, he fell in the top 10% of his class. But his future was still limited with all his history, the military was the only way to get his life back on the straight and narrow, to porve that he could fit in with society and the only ones that were willing to take in such a troubled youngster was the USMC.

After graduation, he was given the opportunity to try out for the Navy SEALS. Not surprisingly, he passed in the top 5%. Survival, team work, trust, integrity, stealth, overcome and adapt to situations, ignoring pain were the foundations to his training. And the most important rule... never leave a man behind was drilled into his head. During his 15 year career, Peter served in many foreign countries
and numerous campaigns which most were top secret or other wise called 'Black Bag Operations'. He was highly decorated which consisted of the Congressional Medal of Honor, a Bronze Star, 3 Purple Hearts, numerous Commendations and Achievements and he can still remember where he was and what caused them. On more than one occasion, Peter had the luxury of needing a Military Lawyer. He had made friends with a couple of them and kept in contact after they had left the Corp to pursue thier career as a civilian. It wasn't hard to convince them to dig into his parent's death's, but it was very difficult for them to get a copy of the files... al he had to go on was the location, Dublin and the pictures of 3 men and 1 woman.

After a pro longed black bag opperation, Peter was reassigned to the Naval Base at Alameda and rumor was he was facing a forced retirement due to unnecessary violence towards non-combatants.

The life of a paper jockey was not the life he wanted. One knight while crusing the clubs of Oakland, Peter was discovered by a watchful kindred, The Prince of the city. Peter reveled in the new life. He became Roxe's enforcer or Scourge, enforcing the Traditions as she ordered. The Embrace had not been easy on Peter though. Many did not feel comfortable around him and even his Sire grew to become uneasy when he was near. As Peter sensed this he began to work more and more aloneand stayed away from others. Much like his military career, Peter dedicated himself to his Sire and to Oakland... but the ultimate goal he had set for himself had not been fulfiled... vengence. Roxe was still in the dark on this secret obsession or how dark his soul really was.

Serving as Scourge, Peter had to patrol the streets of Oakland on the look out for Sabbat spies, Hunters and any other beings trying to pose a danger to Roxe's control. While doing this, he had been in a large fire fight in the BART where he lost the lower half of his left arm. Which, latter that night he had a visitor that had taken a large interest in the Scourge and offered him some of his vitae
to speed the healing, not knowing this would eventually lead to Peter's dimise.

He had also been on two invasion missions into San Fransisco. The first did not go as planned. It also was not authorised by Roxe to go. A crazy Malcavian mislead the Scourge and took him on a rouge hunt into the heart of Sabbot teritory. They managed to take out a war troll, a two-headed monster of a dog, that had been crafted by some highly skilled Tzamise. They also killed a dozen or so "shovel nose" troops, as it is custom with the Sabbot to create "cannon fodder" or "shock troops", with a taxi loaded with C4 and 50 lbs of 8" nails.

The second attack on San Fransisco, Peter managed to talk a friendly Tzamise to bone craft or graft his ribs into a solid piece, inceasing his protection of the vital areas. This attack was more effective and planned out. Peter had a ghoul that was a flatfoot for the PD and he was quite the crack shot. This human was very useful, he took out 5 Sabbot that were on roof tops as look outs. All the while, Peter was in hand to hand with 3 shock troops. This wasn't even close, seeing that he was a pretty strong 9th Gen., this was just the warm up. He dispacthed the 3 rather quickly when he had to deal with an equally matched
Sabbot Tzamise. This was more of what Peter wanted and got all he could take... and eventually defeated him too. But the cost was high. This Sabbot flesh/bone crafter managed to make Peter's right arm and left leg useless in a fight by making the elbow and knee joint solid bone. The Tzamise in Peter's party was able to fix him up good as new.

After getting back to Oakland after the raid, Peter found himself in a precarious situation. Seems the 'visitor'was a active Sabbot member of the Black Hand and the very danger Peter was to sniff out. Roxe had gotten wind of this situation and had Peter convicted of treason and killed on the spot... right in front of her council of Elders of other Clans.

His body was riddled with bullet holes, making swiss cheese look like normal every day american. They tossed his body in the sewers, which eventually run into the ocean. The currents were in his favor that night, probably the only thing that did go right. The massive blood loss and damage put Peter in torpor, a comma type state. The currents and high tide sent him up river to Stockton. He washed up not to far from a storm drain that was secluded from view and was rarely inspected by the city workers. He laid there for nearly a week before he started to come around. His vision started off very blurry and slowly gained clairity and when he was able, he moved into the storm drain, made himself comfortable, found loads of rats and he made a pig of himself. As he fed, he got more of his strenght back, enough so that he was able to start the process of removing any and all bullets that did not find their way out the other side of his body. By the time he was done, there were enough bullets that it equaled the size of a small camp fire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akaron Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:21 pm

let me know how this works

Name: Maelsechlainn Ui Dochartaigh
born: 1114
Clan: Brujah
decription: 5'11" dark red hair and beard and battle scars, about 225 pounds.
Turned at age 20, while he and members of his clann were fighting what turned out to be members of Clan Brujah. Brujah appreciated his size and skill in battle and turned him. Now mostly goes by the anglicized version of his name: Malachy for ease of pronounciation.

thats rough i know, but how does the general concept work for ya?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:13 am

Nice choice of True Brujah
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akaron Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:26 am

drakon's suggestion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:17 am

Only suggestion here is to make sure Brujah was still around at the time of your Embrace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akaron Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:10 pm

wha?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:17 pm

Akaron Corvus wrote:
wha?

BWAHAHAHAHAH!! ( lol! )

*sniffle* Um, sorry bout that... Tal, you gotta remember that most of the posters here are very limited in their knowledge of Vampire:the Masquerade and the gaming system... That's why this story has been put on hold. Neutral

Basically Akaron, 'Embraced' is what the vampires call turning a human into a vampire. 'Kindred' is what vampires call themselves.

The 'True Brujah' is another vampire clan, the 'original' Brujah were destroyed by a usurper within their own ranks and the 'plain old Brujah' remain to the modern times. Taljor was making a note for you to check if there were any 'True Brujah' to have embraced you 1114 years ago seeing that whatever clan of vampire embraces a mortal, no matter who the vampire or mortal is, no matter how old or strong, the mortal becomes a vampire of the same clan and of lesser strength of the vampire that made him/her.

Translation; no True Brujah then, no True Brujah now.

My recomendation, don't worry about it. I don't do True Brujah anyway. Smile

For the record, remember that for the setting of this story, While vampires themselves are undoubtably strong and have powers, there are no super powered, ultra indestructable, mega wealthy anythings. This is more about younger/weaker/under developed or misfit vampires trying to carve out a nitche for themselves. Think of a modern day frontier setting, taking place in a no-man's land where opportunity abouts, but not for the faint hearted or weak willed.

I would also strongly suggest some personal research into the structure of Vampire:the Masquerade as well.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wraith
Lady Illusion

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:00 am

Ummm... sorry to ask, but GD could you help with my Blood Mage?

View user profile
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:57 pm

Sorry about the delay, but here's some insight into the Tremere...

Whether dreaded, mistrusted, feared or reviled, the insular vampires of Clan Tremere are anything but ignored. Those who have heard of thee clan's doings are typically suspicious of the Tremere; and with good reason-for the Warlocks are aptly named. Through their own artifice, they have mastered a form of vampiric sorcery, complete with rituals and spells, that is as potent- if not more so- than any other power of the Blood. Paired with the clan's rigid hierarchy and smoldering ambition so common among the Warlocks, this power is an unsettling thing indeed to those who know what the Tremere are capable of doing.

According to some Kindred records, the Tremere came into being as a clan very recently, at least by imortal standards. Legent has it that, during Europe's Dark Ages, a cabal of human wizards enacted a great ritual over the slumbering body of an Antediluvian (a Clan founder) and thereby wrested for themselves the gift of vampirism. War followed soon after- the fledgling Clan found itself besiged by by enraged Kindred on every side. But the Tremere are nothing if not survivirs. Their human magics lost, they nonetheless managed to alter their rituals and wardings to utilize the power of their own vitae. (vampire blood) These magical skills, now practiced as the Discipline of Thaumaturgy, have ensured the Tremere's place among the Kindred ever since.

The Warlocks gladly play the games of diplomacy and intrigue with their newfound bretheren. However, theur dealings are always tinged with a touch of paranoia, for the Tremere know that the Elders of no less than three Clans bear them a terrible grudge that has yet to be repaid. Therefore, the Tremere work to cultivate what allies they can, even as they work to heighten their magical mastery. No less is required for theirsurvival. As a result, the childer of Clan Tremere are among the most driven and learned of all Cainites; few cross these undead sorcerers and escape unharmed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wraith
Lady Illusion

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:12 pm

Thanks. I'll do a little more research and then hopefully have a bio up on the other side of Christmas Very Happy

View user profile
The House of Ainsley
Keeper of the Dark Mirror

Male Number of posts : 2006

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:38 am

...and here's another thread that I just now acknowledged. Cool

Ah, the trek down Memory Lane. I was involved with the email side of Stockton by Night years back, playing a young Iranian Assamite named Banu Fatim al'Ifrit. I had played her in a previous, short-lived tabletop Vampire campaign. Dale--one of my friends at the time--played an independent Lasombra named Jean-René (or something similar). Banu and Jean-René were partners and a couple of "fixers," and the rest of the three or four players at our table were dedicated Camarilla (except for one guy, who--oddly enough--played another indie Lasombra named Bruno or Brawn or something...), so Banu and Jean-René used to get hired out by the local Camarilla circles to help the other PCs. Banu used to be an Islamic terrorist while she was alive back in the 60's and 70's (back when the terrorist-hunting Shah of Iran was still in power, mind you), and, like most female Islamic terrorists, she had to work ten times harder than the men to overcome the rampant misogyny and get some respect. So she was pretty damn good at driving, shooting, fighting with a pair of kriss blades and handling explosives. And Jean-René was a French art thief, good with handling electronics and defeating security systems. So they made a great duo together. Cool

Yes, there was that understanding that Banu and Jean-René were disposable and the Camarilla would gladly throw them to the dogs as soon as they became inconvenient, but that never happened. Banu and Jean-René were just that good. Cool

There was that one time we'd tracked down a Sabbat Bishop and his pack. They were hunkered down and fortified inside an abandoned church in a bad part of town (conducting some Black Mass or whatever), so getting in there and subduing or exterminating them all would have been pretty chancy. Our little coterie would have been outnumbered anywhere from 3-to-1 to 5-to-1 against us if we had just walked right in and said hello. So the Cammies huddled and started deliberating on strategy..."We go in through the east door while you make entry through the rectory, oh, but that won't work, blah blah blah." While the Cammies were doing that, Banu was stealing a shopping cart from a nearby grocery store (making sure that she grabbed one with perfectly good wheels that wouldn't jam or veer to one side), grabbing a buttload of fermented fertilizer and bathtub explosives out of her SUV, rigging them up inside the shopping cart and wiring in a detonator with a mercury impact switch. Banu aced her Demolitions check and did a whiz-bang job of building the bomb. Jean-René and Bruno then sneaked up to the church's main door, picked the lock and sneaked back to a safe distance. Jean-René pulled out a penlight and silently signaled back to Banu that everything was ready. Banu and her penlight signaled back that it was "go time". Banu then fired up Quietus to mute her and her rattling shopping cart bomb's approach, fired up Celerity, started pushing her shopping cart and got it up to 50 MPH or so. Bruno and Jean-René both used Obtenebration to create tentacles of solid darkness, grab the church doors with said tentacles and yank them wide open right ahead of the shopping cart. Banu raced inside at Celerity-induced speed, shoved her shopping cart bomb right at the Sabbat pack and the altar--again, at Celerity-induced speed--and raced right back out, grabbing Bruno and Jean-René as she went.

Whatever Sabbat Kindred survived that mighty explosion were trapped under tons of rubble from the collapsing sanctuary end of the church, so they wouldn't be causing any trouble for a while. And with any luck, a bulldozer would clear away the rubble during daylight hours and the trapped Kindred would burn up in the sun. All in all, the hired help got to make their Camarilla supervisors look like indecisive chumps (even if the Cammies were likely to gloss that detail over when giving their report to the local Prince), and Dale, Bruno's player Scott and I were loving it. Very Happy

And then Rachel (our Storyteller) broke up with Kent (one of our Camarilla players...Clan Ventrue, IIRC), April (Rachel's friend and our obligatory Toreador) got pissy and the campaign died. And then Banu got into Stockton by Night and got to flex her stealth and social talents for a bit. Cool

I still have Banu's character sheet around here somewhere. I might have to dig it up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:15 am

Never say never, but I don't know if a V:tM story would get off the ground. There wasn't too much interest, save for tal waaay back when.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   

Back to top Go down

Casting Call: Stockton by Night
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2