Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Announcements for The Vale

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

Official Announcements for The Vale Empty
PostSubject: Official Announcements for The Vale   Official Announcements for The Vale Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 3:28 pm

Fellow Valians

I would like to make a small announcement. This board is still in early days yet and with only a few members, don't be disappointed if things go by a little slowly. Also, I'm still building this community (if you have any critiques or suggestions, feel free to PM me) there will be some things that either change or get moved.

Please don't worry, I won't accidently delete any profiles or posts and I would love to thank you for your patience in this matter.

Regards,
The Admin,
Wraith

Last edited by on Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Changes to the Vale   Official Announcements for The Vale Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 4:45 pm

A new forum category will become available in a short period of time.

The focus of this forum will be for Valians to RolePlay their involvement in the Vale Universe. The basic premise will be that your character (aka Username) has been pulled either from the Real World (In which you will be rping your real self) or from a different universe, whether it be fantasy or science fiction and deposited into the Vale Universe.

The Vale Universe is a fractious place where any genre, any being and any powers are possible. In this place, beings from different backgrounds, species, abilities and the such must come together and work in concert to prevent evil befalling either their own worlds or the Vale itself. (More plotlines will be revealed later)

The purpose of this announcement is to ask people to create a biography of their usernames. If you should wish to change your username, just let me know. However it can only done once.

Participation in this forum is not compulsory, however you could easily miss out on some unique opportunites that will be reserved for participating Valians only.

There will also be a Skill Set available to each and every class of being that you come up with. Post counts in the Vale (The entire site) will counts towards reward points. These reward points, (after alcumulating enough) can be put forward to the aquiring of new skill sets for your character.

These skill sets could be invaluable for the survival of your character during Vale Missions.

For now a very simple bio is needed. If you do not wish others to know of your character (before the Forum is opened) then you can just PM me a bio sheet.

Bios will need the following:

Name: (your username)

People who have different usernames that involve long strings of numbers and random letters can also play, however they need to create a name for themselves and assert their character strongly in the new forum.

PLEASE NOTE: All members will be able to see the new Universes Forum. This is to let you know what I am doing and to give you a bit more information on it. You will not, however, be able to write or reply in the forum until it is officially opened and even then, you must be a participating member to reply in the forum.

Any questions, bios or the like can be addressed in this thread. Please don't hesitate to ask if you do have any and I sincerely hope that you will participate in Universes.

NOTE: Any character class that can be conceived by the imagination is welcome. Originals or fall backs or the good old ordinary ones can be used. However, the one Race that will be banned from use in Universes will be Ordinary Humans.

This is simply because of the fragile nature of the race (they probably won't survive the missions) however, if you want a specific human class, For Example: A mage, witch, sorceror... etc
then they will be accepted. Just remember, the humans in the Universes forum must have something special about them. They can even be mutants if they wish.

NOTE: Universes will not affect your current and future roleplays in the rest of the site. This is just a unique Roleplay designed for Illusion Vale itself.

One day, I hope to make participation in this forum compulsory. The rewards being being able to participate in the other roleplay categories on the site. However for now this is a test run only, so participation is not mandatory but is much appreciated.

Thank you for reading this and I hope that you enjoy Universes!
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Official Announcements for The Vale   Official Announcements for The Vale Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 4:46 pm

One more thing I would like to add to your bios.

Your previous World. Whether it be the Real World or another that you've made up or an already created world.

Original Universe (world):
Slight History:

And that should cover the basics. Once I get all character sheets, I'll be working on skill sets for those characters individually.

Also, there will be a basic skill set available via post counts as well.

These will include
+strength
+speed
+hearing (aural)

Post counts that count towards this will be set up soon, but I need more characters.

Once again, thank you for your participation.

PS: If you wish to see a sample of the final character sheet for your character, please look in the Character Sheet forum under Universes and you'll see mine. It a work in progress, but that's what yours will eventually look like.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Official Announcements for The Vale   Official Announcements for The Vale Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 8:55 am

The first official Newsletter has been created and can be found here:

http://throughthevale.sosblog.com/index.htm

From now on, all newsletters will be in Blog form on this page. The first, January, edition can be found by following the above link.

Each month, all Valians will be issued a reminder to look at the newsletter at its new address via email.

If you happen to miss an edition, don't worry, as they will all be archived for future reference.

Happy Reading.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Official Announcements for The Vale   Official Announcements for The Vale Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 6:05 pm

There are several new changes coming to Vale, mostly in Universes but we also have a few DnD games beginning to run. Thank you to The House of Ainsley, SEAMUS and Golden Drakon.

A new 'portal page' has been erected. You can find it on the navigation bar underneath the IV banner or click here. Most news (which was usually put in this forum) is now on that page. Any large announcements that require the entire Vale's knowledge will still be circulated by the Illusion Vale newsletter, Through the Vale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Announcements for The Vale   Official Announcements for The Vale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Announcements for The Vale
Page 1 of 1