Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rise of the Beast

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Male Number of posts : 194

Rise of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Rise of the Beast   Rise of the Beast Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 11:27 am

The village needed help. A power hungry mage had a strangle hold on all the villagers, thier trade and all facets of economics. No one could make a living as this mage had to be "paid off" before a sale or trade could be made. He had control of the port and made heavy taxes on all incoming and out going goods.

The Gods must had finally heard and answered thier calls for help. The mage must have been resting as the weather on this day was bright, not a cloud in the sky. No wind was blowing, the grain mills were perfectly still as a stranger strolled into the city streets.

He was not a mercenary or a soldier of fortune. Dwailin Beornhelm was a fighter by trade. Yes, he did serve in a militia for many years and had been tought to use a vast number of weapons and some tactics. Now, he was a loner, making friends and enemies along the way.

The first sign of something amis was how timid the villagers got when they saw him. They scurried into thier homes or shops like frightened mice. Only one made a bold move to meet him before he had gotten to far in the village before it was to late.

"Hey there stranger, this is not a safe place for nomads... not even for those that call this place home. You must leave." The mans worried looked had Dwailin at a loss and he was concerned. Freedom is priceless and Dwailin quickly questioned the man, "What grips this place in fear?" The man only pointed to the base of a nearby mountain. There Dwailin could see the opening of a cave of sorts and followed with, "A powerful mage makes his home there. We dare not challenge him or try to get help. He can and has killed people of the village with just a thought."

Without a second thought, Dwailin moved past the man and made his way to the cave. He had dealt with mages before, even had good friends that used thier skills for the greater good. But mostly, he had to face thier creations just to get to them. He felt he was skilled enough and had more than enough experience to deal with this so called threat to freedom.

The enterance was much large than he estemated, the distance did not seem all that far. It must have been the terrain... or was it? He entered causiously, his broad sword drawn in his left hand. His right hand was empty to help get through the rough and not so straight passage. As he entered and the outside light began to fade, the mage had created many globes of light, not to terribly bright, but just enough to see with.

Moving further into the cave, it opened in to a large cavern. To his surprise, he had not been greated by any protectors of this mage. "Eigther he is quite powerful or he is very arrogant." These were his firt thoughts and kept pressing slowly in to the cavern.

About 100' in to the cavern, a building or wall of some sort started to come in to focus as the light globes gave way to the never ending darkness. The instinctive teachings of a seasoned worrior began to tingle with every step. He could not see or sense any misgivings to magical traps or "alarms", so his steps were slowed even more. The wall face was getting closer and he was using the terrain to mask his movements as best he could. The chainmail shirt was a bit noisy, it almost seemed to echo through the cavern, the sweat was tickling his neck and running down the middle of his back.

Half way there and the wall was circular in shape and from floor to celing of the cavern. He could not see anyway in from this side. Was there even a way in? The mage could have built a secret entrence or could teleport in and out... only he or she knew. The doubts of his hasty actions began to swim in his head. "Maybe this was not a good idea to come alone." The voice of his mind spoke. Then from the darkness another voice was heard in his mind, "You are right young, fullish worrior." As the last words of the mystery voice ended, so did the movement of his feet. It wasn't fear that froze him still, but rather some spell or trap that he must have sprung.

As he was trapped and secured in place, the mage appeared from what seemed nowhere, was stand before Dwailin. His hooded, crimson robe blocked his face. Maybe that was a good thing. Dwailin would never findout. "So, those pathetic, weak minded folls sent you here to kill me?"

The only movements the young worrior could make were his eyes and the ability to talk. "No. I came in here voluntarily. I did not give them the time to talk me out of coming here."

"That's a shame. You are quite stupid for coming alone, muchless coming at all."

"I have much more important things to do and toying with you will just delay the inevitable. So..." The mage raised his wooden staff. The intracate makings that made the shape of a serpant wound around the staff and the mouth ended wide open holding a deep redish gemstone. His empty hand rose at the same time with some wizard garble Dwailin could not undestand, the gemstone began to draw in the light form the light globes and then suddenly discharge the energy with the likes of seeing the sun after years of continual darkness.
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Rise of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Beast   Rise of the Beast Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 1:30 am

Blinding light, to pitch black darkness and no sound. "Am I dead?" The voice in his head rang almost to loud. Struggling to open his eyes, the darkness turned back in to light, albeit quite blurry.

His vision began to recover and he looked around as it did so. As he looked around, he flet lost. "This isn't the cavern....." Trying to stand, he stumbled and fell. Taking in a deep breath through his nose, he noticed something was not quite right. He could sense more than before or was he just that hungry? His head was sore with a mild head ache. He put his hands on his head and again was aware something was amis. He could feel large horns that were not there before. Slowly lowering his hands, they too were different. Much larger than before and covered in course black hair on the back of them. "What the hell is going on?" He stood up, abit shaky, but managed to stay up this time and desperate to find a flat shinny surface to see himself.

He soon realised he would not need one, as he looked down in his search, he caught the sight of his feet. "Hooves!?" First, panic began to grip him, then he got settled just as quick and thought about the different creatures and races he had met and or fought over the years. Then with a shout, "Nnnnooooo! That crazed-ass mage! He turned me in to a Minotaur! Aint a person out in the known world who would ever believe a bull shit story like this."

"The known world... I better check out this place, 'cause it is not the cave or cavern I remember."
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Rise of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Beast   Rise of the Beast Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 11:02 am

As he walked to the enterance of this cave, cavern, the trip was much shorter than he remembered. The outside light was bright and it began to fill his body with wormth. He could here some chatter and was able to understand it quite well. It was the language of minotaurs.

He puts his hands on the outside of the enterance and poked his head out. But before he could take another step, the chatter died and all eyes were fixed on him. And from out of nowhere a female stepped in front of him, "You took a nasty blow to your head. How do you feel?"

"Not sure where I am... or who I am or was." As he grabbed his head like he was searching for the wound. He knew he was not hurt, but he had better play it this way otherwise they maight think he had lost his mind and who knows what these creatures do to thier own when one shows weakness.

The female spoke up. "Well. To start you are Taljor Heavyfoot and you are our clans champion. This is why the big concern of your condition."

Now he was really confused. Did the mage do all this? Change my appearance and my world? If so, did I seriously misjudge him... or her. The questions onlt added more confussion. There was only one way to deal with this and that was to learn to be a minotaur. Thier way of life, thier heritage, the way they fight... everything

He looked the female eye-to-eye. "Ok. It seems I have forgoten all I ever knew. I need to start all over. Will you teach me?"

Her eyes widened, the excitement grew until it burst from her. "Are you kidding!? Me? Teach the great Taljor! What an honor!" She stopped for a few minutes and he could see she was thinking rather hard. "I will set you up with the war chief for your weapons training, the Shaman for some basic herb and magic to see if you still have those abilities. I will teach you our history, language and heritage."

Taljor cut in, "Before we start. What's your name?"

"Heaven."

At that particular point, Taljor was smitten. He held back all emotions, this was not the time or the place. Then other questions began to fill head. "Do I have a wife, kids... oh man, do I ever need to stop with these questions. They will all be answered in due time"
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Rise of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Beast   Rise of the Beast Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 6:13 am

The female tending to Taljor seemed to have read his mind or his face, but whatever it was she spoke with a sad tone, "You did mighty one. Your wife and three children were killed in a raid by gnolls.... our worst enemy. Most of our men were out on a raiding mission of thier oun when we got hit. They did pay for thier invasion. Our women are good fighters, but not to effective against a well plan strategic attack." Taljor lowered his head, the tears filled his eyes and the rage started to build.

Quickly recovering from his pain, he looked at the feamle, "Lets get this relearning over with. I have....." He was cut short as they ran into a large male figure. "I heard you were out of the comma and had to come see." Taljor looked confused and this male made him explain. "I am Warder, the clans war chief. My daughter was your wife and this, if you remember is her sister, Setnia. And you Taljor, were and still are my number one student." Looking at his daughter, "I will take it from here. The fastest way to recovery for a worrior is to get back to training." She only nodded.

"Come Taljor. We have much that needs done." He led the pupil through the clans main passages, it twisted one way, then went the other way, with ups and downs along the way. Finally they made it to the arena. There, they found other minotaurs in training. There were lots of young ones too. They all stopped and stared at the war chief, but more so at Taljor. He was and still is a legend in the clan, especailly to the young ones. But to the older ones or teenager equivelant, he was thier target and in thier way to greatness. Motioning Taljor to follow, Warder led his student to his quarters. Inside was anything but regular. His bed was the softest and most comfortable than the other trainees. He had his oun private "bathroom" and in a corner was his gear. A pair of two-handed swords, a battle helm that fit perfectly with the contures of his head and made his horns more of a usable weapon, his chain mail and plate mail combination hung on the wall. His shield, which was taller than most humans at 6' was next to the armor. It was scarred with the remains of many battles, the center piece for his banner was a mighty red dragon that held a sword in each front "hands".
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Rise of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Beast   Rise of the Beast Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 11:52 pm

"Nice quarters huh Taljor?" Warden broke the silence and Taljor jumped as he lost him self in his thoughts as he looked over his things. "Yeah, not bad at all."

"Do you want some rest or shall we get right to it?" The war chief shimed in, with a slight grin in hoes he would want to get back to the skills he knew his pupil to have. "I've rested long enough. I have no intention of rest until I have drained the last ounce of energy from you." Taljor's wicked grin just excited his teacher.

"Then get into your sparring gear that is stored under your bed." Taljor nodded and bent down for the chest and pulled it from under the bed. Opening it, the was a suit of padded leather armor and a pair of bamboo type fighting sticks.

Stepping out, Warden was already waiting and the school population stopped everything they were doing to watch. "Now, before we start. We will begin at the very basic of defence and attack, this will also include footwork... as I have only seen one of my students fight and win from thier knees."

They started off looking like they were going to square off in a fist fight, but this was the begining of the footwork that Warden wanted him to warm up with. Warden want Taljor to be light on his feet and to know when he had solid footing for attacks and defence. This boxing dance went on for 3 hours, the sweat was pouring off both the teacher and the student. "Ok, lets take a few minutes to catch our breaths and then we will move into defence."

As Warden spoke, Taljor could hear something or someone approaching from behind, his instincts took over. A minotaur of younger stature, but of the same size thought this was the best time to get the Champion off guard and not as fresh. Was he wrong. Taljor spun on his hooves and caught the young attacker by the throat, lifted him off the ground with the one hand and pined him up against the wall that the attack came from. The young one could see the fires in the Champions eyes, no words were exchanged. There was no need, the point was very clear... between the two and the audience, there was not a sound, not even a breath could be heard.

Putting the attacker back on the ground, Warden put a hand on his students shoulder. "Well done. I think defence class is going to be very short. Lets get some dinner and then we will continue." Taljor only nodded and did not take his eyes off of the challenger until he and Warden left the training arena.
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Rise of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Beast   Rise of the Beast Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 5:25 am

Stew and fresh bread was the menu items, it may have been limited, but it sure hit the spot. Winter was fast approaching and he still had tons to relearn. There was no conversation while Taljor and Warden ate.

Lunch finished and back to training. This time, the crowd had moved on almost like they knew the young challenger was going to make a move on a weary Champion. It did not matter, it seems Warden was rather pleased with the way his pupil handled it.

Training went on for months. The snow had come and offered up a new training environment. With hooved feet, this was the best way minotaurs could train for less favorable traction. Taljor only smiled when new challenges presented themselves... and he surpassed even his own expectations.

The months went by and not a single visitor. The Shawman had made his presence know a few times. This made Taljor very nervous. 'Did he know what happened?' Time would only tell. The spiritual side of the clan was not on his mind as magic and the sort did not interest him.

Signs of Spring started to appear. The sun stayed out more, rain fell instead of snow, the snow covered ground gave way to lush green grasses and flowers. This brought a new felling inside the Champion, one he had not felt before or was not aware minotaurs did. But "it" sure made its self known, especially when Heaven passed by one morning to see he father. He saw the same in other male minotaurs... and he could smell it! She was in 'season' for a mate. All she did was give him a look and the other males were ready for a fight.

The urges were there, they knew what he could do, but not one took a step forward when he turned to look each and every one of them dead in the eyes. It was a wise move. Warden had trained with him for 8 months. Taljor was in the best shape he could ever to have imagined.

As he turned back to look for Heaven, he saw the last glimps of her entering his quarters, not her fathers as he had expected. Without a second invitation, he followed and closed the door behind him. No one saw either of them until it was past dinner.
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Rise of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Beast   Rise of the Beast Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 9:26 am

She snuck out during the late evening hours, Taljor was so sound asleep that a very clumbsy assasin would have had no problem completing his mission.

He awoke with Warden shaking him to his feet. "Come. Our Clan Leader needs a word with you." Taljor looked at him and could see that this was not going to be a usual meeting. So, he dressed as quickly as he could with his true battle gear, then followed Warden to the main audience chamber. As they wound thier way through the village, everyone made a clear path not to impeed thier progress. It seemd to Taljor that everyone but him knew what was going on. The women and children were stocking up on supplies, both food and medical types.

They approached the meeting place and the guards opened the doors without a second thought. When they entered, there was no time or need for the everyday subtle displays of respect as the Clan Leader went right into his briefing and looking directly at Taljor as he spoke.

"My dear Champion, now is the time to uphold your title of this clan. There is a severe threat developing in a Northern kingdom. This threat is not worrisom to us... yet. It is growing stronger with every passing day. The evil that is eminating from this area is so strong, that our Shawman was able to'feel' it last night. We sent out scouts and messengers out to our allies. The allies have dispatched a small mixed group of humanoids with a wide assortment of skills and talents. I have chosen you to accompany them on this quest to find and destroy this evil before it reaches a point that no mortal in this world can stop. Prepare yourself Taljor, for this evil is not of the living."

A wicked chill went down his spine, although he did not show it. "When will this humanoid party be coming this way or do I need to catch them?"

"If you leave after you have eaten and gathered some supplies, you should be able to meet them at out Western most border by sun down."

He made a slight bow and made a mad dash for his home, not the training grounds. Warden headed for his home to assist in gathering possable supplies to help his star pupil on this very dangerous quest. Taljor's things were already packed. He found Heaven in his home... waiting. She had packed his backpack with clothing, a small coil of rope that reached 50', a weeks worth of dry rations, 2 water skins, flint and steel, a qiver of a dozen arrows and a long bow leaned against the pack and his bedroll was tied to the top end of the pack.

Warden came in uninvited, but he did not need an invitation, carrying an assortment of lose items. Most of which Heaven had already packed. Upon seeing his daughter and the packing job by the door, "Well, seems like you have already been taken care of. I know she favors you Taljor. I have lost a daughter, don't make me lose a Son too." He was not normally the sentimental type and he made a hastie exit.
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Rise of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Beast   Rise of the Beast Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:06 pm

His teacher gone so fast that no more words could be exchanged. So, he fumbled through the items left behind and quickly smiled. The weapons master gave his star pupil a two-handed sword, a large battle axe and a tower shield.

As he put the weapons in thier place, he took out the sword and gave it a grip and balance type test, that's when it hit him like a rock to the head. This was no ordinary weapon. The hilt was silver and lightly adorned with numerous rubies and emeralds. The blade showed no signs of use... not a single battle scar. A tear formed at the thought that his teacher would think of him so highly to give up his best sword.

Sliding it back into it's shieth that was at his right side. He slung his pack on his back and picked up the shield in his right hand, stepped out his door, closed it and gave his village a last look and headed West. People watched and waved as he passed.

The village slowly faded from sight as he strode his way up the trail. There wouldn't be to much trouble here as it was patroled heavily and he knew exactly where the sentry posts stood.
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Rise of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Beast   Rise of the Beast Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:07 am

The day went by rather slowly and boring. No one to talk to and no signs of hostiles. He sighed to his self as he was kinda eagar to test the tails about the sword. The stories about this beloved blade is that it can cut through every know material... "How many things were tested? There are many tough substances out there in this world. I am just going to have to test it myself and keep a list... or add them to his list."

Night was approaching and he knew exactly where he was going to make camp. There is a small cave with some tunnel works that the clan had discovered many generations back and they started digging out these tunnels. The best advantage of its location is that it os still in the confines of the clans territory and you can see the commonly used 'road' meant for travelers and merchants.

Entering the mouth of the cave, he looked back and scanned the area for unfriendlies. His night vision was not that great as the sun was still setting, but it was in the right spot nonetheless. It cast shadows of the tree's below, and the wind was not blowing. Making it much easier to distinguish even the slightest movement. "Nothing, not even fresh game."

Quickly moving inside, he found a spot and unloaded his gear, unrolled his bedding and put his weapons within arms reach.
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Rise of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Beast   Rise of the Beast Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:45 am

The night was quiet and he slept soundly... almost.

In deep sleep, he had only a single dream... or was it?

The voice sounded far, almost tunnel like and grew lowder until it was clearly audible. "Do not fear my friend, you must not join the others on a journey that is destined to fail. Have the courage to open the next door to your life. I have seen your challenges, your torments and your trials. You are what I need..." The voice trailed off and all that remained were a pair of solid gold eyes.

He jumped and woke. Sweat beaded on his dence fur and his hand firmly griped the hilt of his sword. Sitting up to get his bearings and quickly realized were he was. Rays of sun light crept from under the door. Getting up and his things packed, he opened the door and steped to the opening of the cave.

The valley below did not look anything like he had seen the night before. His heart stopped beating, tears began to flow. The love of his life gone... again.

He could see towns and farms and his pain broke the peacful morning as he let lose a bellow of sorrow.

*Vale time baby*
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

Rise of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Beast   Rise of the Beast Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 4:30 pm

"There is certainly no need to roar so loudly. You called and I came." There was a low chuckle behind him, to the left of the cave opening, to be exact. A tall young man unfolded himself from his casual leaning stance. He was tall, slender and his eyes were an impossible burnished golden colour. The rays of the early morning sun caught in their colour and make his eyes sparkle like gold.

His wide grin was filled with sharp canine teeth. His hands were furred and his ears tufted through a shaggy mane of dark brown hair. The epitome of a wolf man. His elongated nose was even slightly snout like.

Walking up to the minotaur, the man held out a clawed hand, but his grin was friendly, "Welcome stranger to Illusion Vale!" his other hand swept a grand gesture towards the valley below them.

"I'm called Blade." Suddenly he looked uncomfortable, "Errr... are you crying?"
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Rise of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Beast   Rise of the Beast Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:13 am

Looking down at this creature with anger still burning in his eyes, "No, I have so much anger that is the only way to cool them." The sarcasm seemed to have no effect on the canine looking fellow. "I just lost my Love by walking through a door, that seemed to be a gateway to here.' Pausing for a second as if a tremendous thought just slammed into the side of his head. 'You brought me here didn't you? Then you can also bring her here."
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Rise of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Beast   Rise of the Beast Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 12:44 pm

Blade sadly shook his head, "I'm sorry my friend, but it doesn't work that way. Our lady of the Vale just sometimes knows when someone's coming. Unfortunatley she was too busy to come herself, she usually does, but she sent me here. I've waiting for you for days - didn't think you coming until I heard your roar."

Blade had the look of pity in his eyes, but the anger and resentment that rolled off the Minotaur gave him no pause, he seemed oddly used to it, "I'm afraid that for the moment, you're stuck here."

He stuck out his hand again in greeting, "We're all stuck here, friend."
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Rise of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Beast   Rise of the Beast Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 8:12 am

The words of Blade, a reluctant greeter in some cases, made sence. All though the pain was still there, they began to sooth and calm the beast down.

Seeing an extended hand for the second time, which the first one is a rarity on its own, Taljor extended his and shook hands.

Giving the vale a good look over. It was a sight to see. Lush, green grass surrounded by deep forests and high, steep mountains.

"Know of any decent caves one could make a home?"
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Rise of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Beast   Rise of the Beast Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 pm

Blade laughed and shook his head. "I know of only one fellow who dwells in a cave around here and most people avoid him." He gave a firm hand shake back and then turned to survey the Vale himself.

"No, we should travel back to Vale City where you can meet our leader, Wraith. She can tell you what you need to do next and where you can settle. You're not the only one lost here, friend. Unfortunately there are a lot of us - and more come every day."

He began to make his way out of the cave, and turned to see if the minotaur was following him. "I didn't catch your name."
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Rise of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Beast   Rise of the Beast Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 6:35 pm

The look on the minotaurs face mirrored his responce, "I sure didn't did I? My appologies. My name is Taljor Heavyfoot."

As they walked to the town, "With all these lost people, how does this Wraith person keep the peace? And what can you tell me of him or her so I'm a bit more prepared?"
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Rise of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Beast   Rise of the Beast Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 6:44 pm

Blade led Taljor down the mountain, the footing at times treacherous, but they got down alright. The sun was already halfway through the sky when they came down to sea level.

A forest loomed before them and Blade led him confidently through it.

"We have a peacekeeping force, called the Protectorate - they're like the Knights of the Vale. People don't usually make too much trouble, they're good folk mainly and most are too confused at first to make a fuss. There are well over a thousand populating Vale city and more in and around the area."

Blade was rather chatty as they walked, "Wraith on the other hand... well, she is a little hard to explain. Tell me, what are your thoughts on Vampires?"
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Rise of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Beast   Rise of the Beast Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 7:13 am

The question seemed to catch him offguard, "Well,so long as they stay away from my neck." Taljor must have sounded serious as Blade stopped very quickly and spun around.

The look in the beasts eyes and the slight grin caused both to have a small laugh and they began on towards the city once again.

"Does Wraith also help everyone find jobs or assist them where thier skills will best be suited?"
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Rise of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Beast   Rise of the Beast Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:27 pm

Blade nodded, thinking about Taljor's reply. "Yes, she tries to help with accomodation and the like. She's actually quite a good host, though there are some that resent her power." He shrugged, "Those are mostly just lost souls unable to truly comprehend what has happened to them. Wraith is working on a way to get us home, but it is hard going and we're not sure we will see a result."

The furred man looked over his shoulder, "There are many creatures here. Many that come from the worlds we know, and the worlds that we don't know. Either way, Wraith requires peace - The Protectorate enforces it. We are all just trying to get along - and crime is not favoured here."
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Rise of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Beast   Rise of the Beast Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:05 am

Taljor nodded, "Good, sounds like the one thing everyone needs is less stress." As they walked, Blade could tell that the new comer was already begining to loosen up.

"Anyway, I am looking forward to meeting her. Is she like the standard vampire in the way that she is only out and about after sun down?"

"What can you tell me of this other cave dweller?"
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Rise of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Beast   Rise of the Beast Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:11 pm

Blade looked around at the minotaur and grinned, "No. She seems to be resistant to sunlight. She said its because she's old enough, or something. Nobody really knows how old she is. But there are other vampires here too. They all sleep in the day."

Then he laughed, "I'll give you a tip. When you're around her, think of a lady you've got back home. Or something to distract you because she's really... lets say... powerfully attractive."

Then he stopped for a second, frowning. "Well as to your other question, people don't talk about him much. Wraith's about the only person he will talk to, apparently. Some say he founded a colony not to far away from here, but most don't think Wraith would stand for it." Then he grinned, "Oh, he's a dragon. Name of Golden Drakon and he's a mean sucker. Don't get on his bad side. Actually, don't get on any of his sides. Best just to leave him alone: he seems to prefer it that way."

"Come on then, not much further to go."
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Rise of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Beast   Rise of the Beast Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 8:14 am

"Dragon you say? And what does he or she call itself?"

Blade found Taljor's questions puzzling. "Why so much interset in a Dragon?"

"You see, my clan reveared the Dragon. In our world, their numbers were falling and we made a pact, with a mature female that was ready to lay her eggs, that not only would we not give her reason we were a threat to her or her young. We would be her first line of defence or alarm and she would in turn not harm us and also would provide us reasonable protection...."

By this time, they had reached the outskirts of the city and Blade stopped and looked at the beast, "Is there more?"

"Yes, but not for strange ears."
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Rise of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Beast   Rise of the Beast Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 5:46 pm

((Please be aware that you should not post the actions for another player's character.))

Blade smiled ruefully. "Well perhaps we won't be strangers for much longer." He grinned and shook his head, not at all offended at the minotaur's lack of information. It was natural and he had encountered such blocks before, but he was a guenuine guy and he liked making friends. It eased some of the loneliness that took him at times at being marooned on this world.

As they looked onto the edge of the city, there was a general bustle as buildings were starting to go up, buildinds that seemed to dwarf the current longhouse and the huts that huddled around that honghouse.

"Excuse us, but we're starting some major work on our small community" he chuckled, "Well, its not small anymore. Wraith has ordered the construction of a greater city using stone quarried from yonder," he pointed in a vaguely east direction. "Just keep out of the builder's way until you get a job of your own."

"Come this way, I'll lead you to Wraith, she should be holding Audience at the moment."

He began for a largest building being constructed. Most of it was already gleaming white and put up, though it lacked some furnishings. "Oh, his name's Golden Drakon." He didn't think he had to repeat that he'd already given that name.

Then he was led into a wide hall where a woman sat on a simple chair, albeit on a raised dias, as people lined before her. Blade led him to the side where a small table and a couple of chairs had been set aside. "Wait here and I'll tell her you've arrived."

Then he left Taljor at the table and a moment later another man came, swiftly set up three cups, a steaming tea pot. He poured some tea for Taljor and just as silently left.
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Rise of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Beast   Rise of the Beast Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 8:10 am

((sorry, just didn't want a short post. will keep it in mind))

Taljor only nodded his massive head and took the offerd seat. Even though tea was not his prefered drink, he still showed enough respect to drink some anyway.

As he waited, he watched the others that were being seen by Wraith. When his eyes finally fell on the vampire woman, he was struck with her beauty, but soon snapped out of it as she was and is not a minotaur.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Rise of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Beast   Rise of the Beast Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 1:33 pm

She felt new eyes on her and had already known of his presence before Blade came striding up to whisper in her ear. So Taljor was his name and he entered in the mountains. And he was a minotaur, intelligent too, by what Blade told her. The man grinned to much when he did though and it unsettled her somewhat. Only Shifter's and those of that ilk could do that to her.

Wraith nodded silently and beamed a smile at the woman that knelt before her. She didn't insist on people doing that, but her advisor had told her that she should just let them. They needed to know their place in the world, just as she had to know hers.

Nodding to her left she stood as a voice boomed out the ending of the session and winced as faces became long with disappointment. She would have to double the time given tomorrow just to make up for the shortness of today.

Gliding silently over to the minotaur seated at the table, she smiled and nodded her head. "Welcome to the Vale Taljor. I am called Lady Wraith."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rise of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Beast   Rise of the Beast Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rise of the Beast
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next